Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (24): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MykonosBoy22
Supreme tranceaddict

Good time, unbelievable, it was like a miniature version of the love parade, everyooooooone was lit and drunk half naked, the rain was pouring down, pvd is playing thunderstorm effects, the beginning reminded me of the movie Blade, where the sprinklers go off and blood comes out and everyone flips out, it was great, defintely a day to remember. set was alil hard,and some odd moments in his sets where it was dying out, but he got it going again real good. two thumbs up from me. and the lasers and lights were also a sweet deal. just hope armin wont rain though, as much fun it is dancin in rain i rather stay dry.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 05:35  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for MykonosBoy22 Click here to Send MykonosBoy22 a Private Message Add MykonosBoy22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
keithos27
Perfecto For Clubs

Yeah... It was a great time! He definitely played harder than usual... I think that had to do with the circumstances... I think he wanted to keep the crowd motivated. Who knows... How/why should I know... I'm crunk.

-Keith

Old Post Jun-26-2004 06:25  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for keithos27 Click here to Send keithos27 a Private Message Visit keithos27's homepage! Add keithos27 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sunnyval
tranceaddict

omg what a nite. i was there early and the clouds were coming in...i knew it would pour and that it did. i had a blast for the most part so lots of familiar faces. It was nice meeting Sandstorm and Vald. i also met the Atlanta Tas w/ scott. Cool bunch great time. i almost bailed after hr #3 but scott convinced me to tough it out. We were truley Dancing in the Rain. Hope u all had fun at spirit. Between the rain, moving of the dj booth, great vibe(everyone was so happy-no attitude)and the ball drop. great party overall.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 06:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sunnyval Click here to Send sunnyval a Private Message Add sunnyval to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
toxa
This Is Just My Day Job

definitely was a cool experience, although like someone else already mentioned i hope it wont rain for armin, cuz it did make the experience a little less enjoyable. PvD definitely played a lot more "techy" than I am used to hearing from him.

Btw...what a surprise when I heard the words "...Another fucking love song" come from the speakers, great toon but I would never think pvd would play it.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 08:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for toxa Click here to Send toxa a Private Message Add toxa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LuNaSeA
presque rien

quote:
Originally posted by Galapidate

Paul van Dyk - For An Angel (Nu NRG Remix)

whatchu talkin bout foo?!

PvD vs Marco V - For A Revolt
*aka revolt vs. for an angel*

had a very magikal time, couldn't care less for the music pvd was playing-- the rain was fucking awesome and made the entire night so special

Old Post Jun-26-2004 09:19  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for LuNaSeA Click here to Send LuNaSeA a Private Message Add LuNaSeA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjDeComp
Proud V-Dub Owner

Old Post Jun-26-2004 09:22  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for DjDeComp Click here to Send DjDeComp a Private Message Add DjDeComp to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

Um yea, firstly, its Summerstage, not Summer State.

The CP party was insane... blah blah blah... mucho agua... blah blah blah... mucho lloviendo... blah blah blah... TONS OF FUN IN THE RAIN!!! I dont know if it could have gone any better, although some of the females were getting alittle cold, this was fucking crazy...

As for PvD... obviously he knows how to beatmatch... the flow was nor here nor there, but he kept the place pumpin with a set that was majority hard trance, tech trance and some techno - which made me happy.

Track of the night for me:

MIB - Keep Pushin'

Want a tracklist?

FUCK YOU! You should have been there!

quote:
Originally posted by Coup
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Last edited by Vlad on Jun-26-2004 at 11:34

Old Post Jun-26-2004 11:26  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vlad Click here to Send Vlad a Private Message Add Vlad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Phazon
Come back when ur pretty

Thought it was cool when he played that african type song from the opening theme of Black Hawk Down.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 11:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Phazon Click here to Send Phazon a Private Message Add Phazon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PvDoBseSSioN
Ibiza Addict

its 7-30 n i just got home. sick nite overall!!! i liked spirit better then summerstage because there was no rain but summerstage was still fun i was up front chillin and met a couple TA's (cant remember now...) got some pics which i will post up later on or tomorro, and i got a 2 minute movie too. i dunno his set didnt impress me much, there was nothing really special that stoodo ut to me. so CP was over so i took da subway n changed in the car. put my vandit shirt on and lets go!!! it was my first time in spirit and i was not disappointed. the vibe was awesome, the people were cool. Paul's set was good but im surprised he didnt bring back some old classics from the TWILO days... o well. i was up front jumpin around like usual. it wasnt as packed as i thought it would b but its better that way. ohhh one thing that absolutely SUCKED BALLS!!!!!!! the fuckin fog up front was fuckin killin everybody, wat da hell was up with it???? it was constantly on and nobody could see shit for like 3 hours. but anyway im happy cause it was a good nite and i got my flyer signed by the one and only PvD!!! well im now off to work from 8am to midnight with no sleep im gonna die!!! i will post further information later

Old Post Jun-26-2004 11:37  France
Click Here to See the Profile for PvDoBseSSioN Click here to Send PvDoBseSSioN a Private Message Add PvDoBseSSioN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Haunted
one scary ass mothertruck

quote:
Originally posted by PvDOBseSSioN
its 7-30 n i just got home. sick nite overall!!! i liked spirit better then summerstage because there was no rain but summerstage was still fun i was up front chillin and met a couple TA's (cant remember now...) got some pics which i will post up later on or tomorro, and i got a 2 minute movie too. i dunno his set didnt impress me much, there was nothing really special that stoodo ut to me. so CP was over so i took da subway n changed in the car. put my vandit shirt on and lets go!!! it was my first time in spirit and i was not disappointed. the vibe was awesome, the people were cool. Paul's set was good but im surprised he didnt bring back some old classics from the TWILO days... o well. i was up front jumpin around like usual. it wasnt as packed as i thought it would b but its better that way. ohhh one thing that absolutely SUCKED BALLS!!!!!!! the fuckin fog up front was fuckin killin everybody, wat da hell was up with it???? it was constantly on and nobody could see shit for like 3 hours. but anyway im happy cause it was a good nite and i got my flyer signed by the one and only PvD!!! well im now off to work from 8am to midnight with no sleep im gonna die!!! i will post further information later

haha, yea the fog was gay as hell. so you got your flyer signed? i saw you holding it up for over an hour

Old Post Jun-26-2004 12:10  Zimbabwe
Click Here to See the Profile for Haunted Click here to Send Haunted a Private Message Add Haunted to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Haunted
one scary ass mothertruck

i had a great spot, right in the front, right in the center, so i barely got wet till the end.. but the speakers were right infront of me so i was deaf as hell after, now im even deafer cuz of spirit

wayy too much techno, not enough trance. but had a great time, liked Spirit more. dunno why, except for the groping

Old Post Jun-26-2004 12:12  Zimbabwe
Click Here to See the Profile for Haunted Click here to Send Haunted a Private Message Add Haunted to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trunks1022
supreme vicodin addict

omg summerstage... what a fun night. could care less about the rain, but the people... the music. the lights... i can see why people raved about it last year. great seeing a whole group of TAs in force. COULD NOT find erin for the life of me at either summerstage or spirit camera and phone got so waterlogged that they would not work properly. but they're working fine now. i'm glad about that. post pics tomorrow...

Old Post Jun-26-2004 12:21  Hong Kong
Click Here to See the Profile for trunks1022 Click here to Send trunks1022 a Private Message Visit trunks1022's homepage! Add trunks1022 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread