Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
akaufma2000
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Actually, I'm beginning to think that I was the only one there that night that wasn't. I figure if I was wacked out on some drugs, the track selection would have probably made sense to me... As long as I stayed close to the speaker (as many there did) .

I've been chasing that PvD "feeling" since his first time in Roxy or last time in Twilo - and yet to recapture it.

I happen to like more melodic, uplifting, epic trance. I like hard trance sprinkled in between to get the heart going faster and bring about next round of "hands in the air" moments - but I guess I'm just sentimental. Hey, if your thing is hard trance - you got your boat load worth of it. I just didn't feel it. Feel free to convince me how that relates to being on crack?

Hey, I'm glad so many had a good time - I guess the rain didn't help my mood either. I would have probably enjoyed it more if it was not raining.

P.S. This is the last time I'm buying tix online for events like this - what a rip off! I paid almost 50 bux for my tix just to realize that they had plenty of tix at the door for $43 (some even cheaper). That's another subject all together. Ok, back to worshiping PvD

I completley agree with you man. I've been chasing that feeling too....
Has uplifting trance gone out of style?

"But perhaps my most special gig was in Central Park [summerstage 2003]. To have 6000 people dancing in the park on a nice summer's evening in New York was incredible, it's something I'll always remember." -PAUL VAN DYK (DJ Mag no12/vol1)

Old Post Jun-29-2004 01:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for akaufma2000 Click here to Send akaufma2000 a Private Message Add akaufma2000 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
colibri
Supreme tranceaddict

h a r d

trance provides much more energy passion
and rhythm whereas melodic is more suitable
for driving or relaxing with a significant other
def not for clubbing for instance avb at the
roxy was nearly a disaster due to his relaxed
music selection and rather poor mixing no doubt
pvd's latest approach worked brilliantly and
again has set a better approach some
"epic/uplifting" on friday's weather would have
send majority of the fans back home for some
soup and a towel

Last edited by colibri on Jun-29-2004 at 02:29

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for colibri Click here to Send colibri a Private Message Visit colibri's homepage! Add colibri to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PVD_S11DJ
ElectronicDanceMusicAdict

if you cant take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PVD_S11DJ Click here to Send PVD_S11DJ a Private Message Add PVD_S11DJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sunshine79
Around the world...

quote:
Originally posted by PVD_S11DJ
if you cant take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen!

amen brotha!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:26  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunshine79 Click here to Send Sunshine79 a Private Message Add Sunshine79 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PVD_S11DJ
ElectronicDanceMusicAdict

the fact that paul doesnt play sets filled with "uplifting trance" is a large part of why he's the best DJ

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PVD_S11DJ Click here to Send PVD_S11DJ a Private Message Add PVD_S11DJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

WOW!!!!! I cant even explain how insane this weekend was. Sorry it took me so long to write my review but I just got back into Pittsburgh this morning and had to come straight to work!!! Summerstage was the best friggin party so far this year. All you little panzies that are crying about the rain.....you should have stayed HOME!!! What an amazing night!!! I swear if it wasnt for the rain.....it wouldnt have been 1/2 as fun. It just made everything so much more crazy. The rain, the lazers, the beach balls, the music.......FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Tracks I remembered in no particular order.....

PVD Ft. Second Sun - Crush (Vandit Club Mix)
Oceanlab - Satellite (Alex Oddens flipside vocal mix)
Sander Van Doorn - Punk'd (PVD rework)
Katana - In Silence (Txitarro Remix)
PVD - Thats life (PVD club mix)
Mike Robbins - Are you a Freak (remix??)!!! The bass line on this remix is fucking sick!!!
PVD vs Marco V - For a Revolt
Nick Lunn & YOMC pres. Techno-punk - Energize (PVD edit)

Rachel: I cant even begin to tell you how much fun I had. Im so glad you came and had a blast. Good times ATLANTA.....here we come!!!

Brianna: Babe...you rock!!! Thank you sooo much for everything. It was a blast staying at the Hotel Brianna and parying with you and Patrick. I cant wait to come back!!!

Indy: Your harcore girl....Ill never forget you splashing all the tools at SS with muddy water. BAHAHAHAHAH Thank you so much for picking me up and droping me off at the airport.

Cubie: Man.....I dont know what to say bro.......you are the SHIT!!! I cant believe you stayed up with us the whole time and rocked out like the best of them....and you were SOBER!!! HAHAHA!!! That was an awesome set you put down at the loft bro.....keep up the good work.

Joey: It was great finally getting to party with you for the whole weekend. Thanks so much for driving our asses all over creation. Get your brother to join TA soon!!! He friggin wore that NYTA hat at SS all night hahahaha. Next up: Armin @ CP!!!!!

Erin and Liz: Always a pleasure chilling with you two hotties. Hope you guys had a safe trip back to Baltimore and ill see you guys on friday @ Armin.

Sergio: So glad we finally got to hang out man. Your the man for hooking everybody up with water @ ss and then candy and food @ Brees. We deff had a blast gettin wrecked @ that afterpary!!!

Vlad: Glad we got to hang out again bro....I just wish your punk ass would have came to the afterparty!!!

John and Alisa: Glad you guys came out. And John....you got fucking OWNED by PVD son!!!!

DirtyDave: Your my fucking boy Dave!!! Wish you could have chilled longer @ the loft.....oh yeah, your bitch ass owes me $30

Nik and the rest of ther ATL Ta's: It was great seeing you all come so far to support your love for PVD. I just wish you all would have came out on the floor @ Spirit.

EyesofExtacy: Nice meeting you for the first time....thanks sooo much for taking care of my shirt.

And to all the rest of the TA's I seen there. hope you all had a blast.....flyboy, partyhopper, Lee, Vic, sot, Daniella, SebG, Janette, Citykitty & Serge, HolyCow, Aya Brea, KidNYCE and Drumraver. Alyssa.....where the hell were you hiding all night???

Alright.....time to post some pics

Last edited by vtec junkie on Jun-29-2004 at 02:43

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aya Brea
Design Evolved

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
[SIZE=6]

Alright.....time to post some pics

http://behelit.net/centralparkspirit

i was taking pics left and right, and a couple of videos. there are only like two videos from cp because my camera ended up breaking, and i took my fathers to spirit.

had an awesome time, and it was good seeing everyone again, and meeting people for the first time (brian, erin, and leeann<--cutestgirlever). i do think that pvd used to play better sets, but eh, what can you do.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aya Brea Click here to Send Aya Brea a Private Message Visit Aya Brea's homepage! Add Aya Brea to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BxNemo
Mother******s....

Yeah i was there too all friday after CP & Spirit then till like 3 on saturday.
Right now though i gotta send out all the shout outs to EVERYONE that i spoke with @ Bri's house.

First person Bri: Finally got to know the real brianna not the 2 minute one that i say hi to, smile ask her how she's been and then that's it. I see now more then ever how fucking great of a person you are and love that about you so so so much bri.

Pat : Dunno if you read TA but if you don't bri might forward the message to you. You're a damn cool fucking guy, everytime i saw you at a party i never spoke to you and when i finally did i kinda got the vibe that we wouldn't get along and damn was i wrong man. Can't wait to hang out with you again.

Brian : ... man oh man, i wanted to go back to bri's on saturday night just to get fucked up with you and grove to Lostep - Burma like we did when we were fucked up, i look back on that moment when we were sitting on the edge of bri's bed just groovin to it, also when you got up to dance to it... dunno but the flow you had with the track was just awesome man. I'm glad i met you at SS and not @ the roxy for armin.

Rach : I thought that me and you wouldn't get along at all... dunno why and i felt like a dick when we did. Gotta say thanks for making me feel... dunno... like you've known me for years because it seemed that way. Can't wait to see you and brian next time you come down, and thanks SOOOO much for the massage when i was totally fucked up on... something... that and the music just put me on a whole other world

Adam : Damn man, i spent alot of time with you and even though we were still a bit messed up while we did laundry i still found that fun something about getting a group of peoples clothing and shoes + sneakers and tossing em into dryers and taking em out 30 minutes later seems funny to me, ur an awesome fucking dood and i'd be honord to join you in a foxhole any day

Armando : I wish we would smoked a blunt together... woulda prolly gave us something to talk about. Take me up on that next time? I was also diggin the set @ Zanders but i kept passing out after being awake like 26 hours.

Joey : We should get wasted together and blow some shit up... i'd enjoy that and i think you would too, can't wait to see you again man.
Indy : Thanks for givin me the big hug and gettin getting me back to earth when i fell into the light show, and thanks for the ride to spirit.

If you bri or pat can relay this message to matt and madalyn for me.
Matt : You're a cool guy man, thanks for giving me the O.K. on dancing with your girl even though i didn't take it.
Madalyn : I will remember ALL the people that i met but you... imma remember you because of what you did after we got out of spirit, those were the quickest 8 dollars i've seen ANYONE make, hope we all get to chill again. and i REALLY wish that we woulda taken that picture but hey, it's all in our memorys.
To those people that i met for a couple of minutes at summer stage...
Tranceeyes and your friend or relative i dunno.... ur both way hot

Hope next time that we meet again we'll talk for a bit.
Albert : Thanks for watchin over me man, sorry if what i did upset you in any way, say hi to ur sis for me.
Chris : gotta thank you for also watchin over me and givin me ID's to the hard fuckin tracks.
Lee : .... where the hell did you go?
Leesh leesh : Thank you for rubbin my back and helping the pill hit me even harder. Thanks for takin care of me for the time that you could.
John : i was happy that we fixed things the way we did because to me it was the perfect time and way to just get the bullshit outta the way.
Daniela : where'd you go? saw you for like an hour and then poof.

(i believe it was liz) : Sorry that i forgot ur name but me and you didn't talk for a long time. What i do remember is that i gave you one of the god damn balls.
And that's about it i believe. Please bitch at me if i did forget you.
6/25/04 is a day i take with me to the grave.

Espen & Elusive - Poetic Penetration (Furry Nipples Remix) 5 fuckin stars!
Second Sun - Playground
Interstate - I Found You

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:48  El Salvador
Click Here to See the Profile for BxNemo Click here to Send BxNemo a Private Message Add BxNemo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Bliss
DERELICTS & DEGENERATES

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
John and Alisa: Glad you guys came out. And John....you got fucking OWNED by PVD son!!!!

man i was trying to get him to yell "PVD! PVD!" when everyone was chanting it, but no matter how fucked up he gets... i don't think he'll ever say it!! goddamnit!!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:51  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Bliss Click here to Send Miss Bliss a Private Message Add Miss Bliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Bliss
man i was trying to get him to yell "PVD! PVD!" when everyone was chanting it, but no matter how fucked up he gets... i don't think he'll ever say it!! goddamnit!!

Thats ok......deep down inside.....he was saying it.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BxNemo
Mother******s....

john loves him subconciously

Espen & Elusive - Poetic Penetration (Furry Nipples Remix) 5 fuckin stars!
Second Sun - Playground
Interstate - I Found You

Old Post Jun-29-2004 03:02  El Salvador
Click Here to See the Profile for BxNemo Click here to Send BxNemo a Private Message Add BxNemo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

I seriouly miss this. It was so aweosome to be there, meet everybody and dance my ass off. I was so happy @ SS

Old Post Jun-29-2004 04:28  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread