Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
umes23
BeatAddict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by Enervate
i completely disagree.. i think for the first time in a looong time, his CP show had a great progression of tracks that made perfect sense, he would tease a song, and come back to it later, he threw 'ferry corsten - its time' as his soft blend track, personally.. i was blown away by the set.

i disagree with the dude also... however i must also disagree with you! if you were to listen to the two june 25 sets recorded, you could never a million years argue that central park was a properly flowing and programmed pvd set, but that's because its out of context.

now putting it into context, i think the rain at central park was pvd's worst nightmare....and that he REALLY proved himself and held his own through it... he was pulling out all the stops, staying in control, that i want to argue no dj who plays trance would have done in the same way. anyhow my point is pvd was pushing himself and thus us to the max in this crazy weathered party.... this included constant back and forth pitch adjustment, mixing in and out, mixer control and whatever standard dj tools that pvd knows how to use all too well. thus this set was not flowing, it was everchanging....but for the context and challenge of the moment, he did what he had to do and impressed me very much.

his set at spirit, i think was very well programmed mixed etc etc etc, tho most of the mixing at CP, despite the strange progressions was always spot on. fact is boys and girls, PvD rulez.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 17:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for umes23 Click here to Send umes23 a Private Message Add umes23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ShaolinSteez
tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by umes23
i disagree with the dude also... however i must also disagree with you! if you were to listen to the two june 25 sets recorded, you could never a million years argue that central park was a properly flowing and programmed pvd set, but that's because its out of context.

now putting it into context, i think the rain at central park was pvd's worst nightmare....and that he REALLY proved himself and held his own through it... he was pulling out all the stops, staying in control, that i want to argue no dj who plays trance would have done in the same way. anyhow my point is pvd was pushing himself and thus us to the max in this crazy weathered party.... this included constant back and forth pitch adjustment, mixing in and out, mixer control and whatever standard dj tools that pvd knows how to use all too well. thus this set was not flowing, it was everchanging....but for the context and challenge of the moment, he did what he had to do and impressed me very much.

his set at spirit, i think was very well programmed mixed etc etc etc, tho most of the mixing at CP, despite the strange progressions was always spot on. fact is boys and girls, PvD rulez.

Agreed.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 18:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ShaolinSteez Click here to Send ShaolinSteez a Private Message Add ShaolinSteez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KID-M
Supreme tranceaddict

My friend and I were in from Chicago for the weekend and had an awesome time in NYC. CP & Spirit were simply amazing. Met a ton of cool ass New Yorkers - this weekend really made me want to live there.

I don't really think PVD's hard/techy sets were only because it was NYC. His set in Chicago in April was like that (maybe not quite as hard) and had very little uplifting/synth/vocal/Armin stuff (a few tracks at most). His Space set for WMC was kind of like that too. I wonder if maybe that type of trance is over as far as PVD is concerned? It seems like the proportion of uplifting vs. techy/hard in his sets has been swinging more and more towards techy all year. I'm all for this new PVD style.

On a different note, does anyone know the name of the track Jerry Bonham played right before the Ride/Xpander mashup? He played it in Chicago and I've been trying to find it since. It has a bass guitar-ish sound and a breakdown w/some breakbeats and a distorted female spoken vocal. Here is a video sample from the Chicago show (may take a minute to load):

Video here

I would love for someone to ID this...please!

Thanks again for a great weekend...can't wait to come back

Old Post Jun-29-2004 19:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KID-M Click here to Send KID-M a Private Message Visit KID-M's homepage! Add KID-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

With the kind set that pvd threw down... there is only one track that I could think of that I would have wanted him to play...

Arome - Hands Up (DJ Scot Project Mix)

quote:
Originally posted by Coup
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 19:49  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vlad Click here to Send Vlad a Private Message Add Vlad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
akaufma2000
Supreme tranceaddict

I wish he played Agnelli & Nelson - Holding on to Nothing.....Standing in the rain!!!!

"But perhaps my most special gig was in Central Park [summerstage 2003]. To have 6000 people dancing in the park on a nice summer's evening in New York was incredible, it's something I'll always remember." -PAUL VAN DYK (DJ Mag no12/vol1)

Old Post Jun-29-2004 20:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for akaufma2000 Click here to Send akaufma2000 a Private Message Add akaufma2000 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BitchBoyNYC
Retired

Alright. There's tooooooo many posts to read before I finally post my review. All I have to say is WOW. Here we are 4 days later and I still am mezmerized by Friday night. PVD threw down the sickest set I've ever heard in my entire 25 yrs of existance, well, then came Spirit. We'll leave that for later. At first I thought the rain was going to be a big downer and ruin the night, but it had the total opposite effect. The rain added so much character, for lack of a better word at this point, to the whole experience. The atmosphere and the vibe were surpassed by nothing on the face of this earth. I'm sure you all have read what tracks were played and how the lasers were sick etc etc etc so I won't repeat it. But I will agree with it. One of the best moments of the night, to me at least, was when the rain was coming down really hard and PVD just came to the front of the stage and just started handing out napkins to everyone he could to let us dry ourselves off. That was really cool of him. PVD was def. on point with his track selection and keeping the crowd moving and shit. I wish the night never ended!!!!!!! Alright, now for the shout-outs to all my fellow TA's:

Brian---->My man, I told you we were going to have the sickest time ever and man did we ever. You are a focking party animal and great friend. I can't wait til we do this again. You're the focking man!

Rach---->Babe, you are awesome. You're such a sweetheart and such a genuinly good person. We had so much fun this whole weekend and altough the bulshit happened with your flight back, we still managed to make the best out of a fucked up thing. We will party again soon, I promise. Next time, I'll make the real Penne ala vodka

Bree---->You really are the best. Your hospitality to everyone was, I can't even put it into words. You're a great person and you def. know how to host a party. Thank you soooooo much for everything.

Indy---->It was sooooooo fun hanging out with you again. You're soooo great and you just make everyone feel like bugging out and partying. Really great person.

John & Alisa----> You two are amazing. I always have a great time when you guys are there. Alisa, I hope the shirt helped out John, I knew deep down inside you were a PVD muppett like me. I never thought I'd ever see you partying your ass off and enjoying PVD the way you did.

Zaneta---->Didn't I tell you that you'd love PVD once you saw him live? I'm glad you had a good time.

Cubie---->Great person bro. Nice to meet and hang out with you all weekend. You ripped that shit up on the decks at the "after" "after party" at the loft. Good shit bro. much respect.

Vlad---->As always, what a fucking time. Nice to hang out with you for a quite a few hours rather than like 2 hours at Junkie XL. Dude, what the fuck was up with that guy in Spirit that kept bothering Erin's friend? I was standing right next to you waiting to throw down if he got any more out of control. He would have still been laying there after we were done with him.

Sal---->You're a fucking party animal yourself bro. Always great to see you and hang out. It'll be de ja vu all over again for Armin @ SS.

Sean---->Bro always a pleasure to see you and your fiance, brother and his girlfriend. Didn't hang out much this time, but we'll make up for it at Armin bro. Great to hear Remember played at Spirit. Def a highlight of my night. I went looking all over for you when Paul dropped it.

Sergio---->Man, haven't hung out with you since Armin back in April. Nice to hang out again bro. You're a cool friend bro. we'll do it again soon.

There's just soooo many more to mention: Pat(Bree's bf) you're awesome bro, Adam-- you cracked me up all fucking weekend with your jokes. you're a funny mofo.

Erin, Daniela, Alyssa...It was so awesome to finally meet you girls. I can't wait til we all hang ot again.

I think that about covers it. This weekend wouldn't have been that same if it weren't for the people that I mentioned above. If I forgot to put you there, I'm sorry. It's not intentional. My mind is shot and I'm still fucking recovering I love you all and can't wait to do this again!!!!!! I'll end this with a quote taken from PVD's website:

New York - Friday 25th of June
Hello,I would like to thank each and everyone of you who attended Central Park Event on Friday evening and made this years event so very special.Heavy rain for 4 hours couldn't stop you - thousands of people kept dancing at Rumsey Play Field and creating an unbelievable vibe and atmosphere that the city has never seen before...New York - YOU ARE AMAZING!
Paul van Dyk

Paul, you're the fucking man!!!! You proved why you're the best!!
PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD PVD!!!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 20:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BitchBoyNYC Click here to Send BitchBoyNYC a Private Message Add BitchBoyNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BxNemo
Mother******s....

I haven't said this but i will now, i'd throw down for any of you, regardless if i know imma get my ass beat. thank you very much and have a good day. also..

Espen & Elusive - Poetic Penetration (Furry Nipples Remix) 5 fuckin stars!
Second Sun - Playground
Interstate - I Found You

Old Post Jun-29-2004 21:43  El Salvador
Click Here to See the Profile for BxNemo Click here to Send BxNemo a Private Message Add BxNemo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KID-M
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by akaufma2000
I wish he played Agnelli & Nelson - Holding on to Nothing.....Standing in the rain!!!!

I was listening to that track this morning and thought the same thing!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 21:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KID-M Click here to Send KID-M a Private Message Visit KID-M's homepage! Add KID-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MunkyAngel
domogardenmunkyangelgirl

Pics to come as soon as I get back into Atlanta. Right now I'm at La Guardia about to leave and I don't want to! Thanks NYC for such a fantastic time! I will be back...more of a review to come...

<3 LeeAnn

to those of you coming to Atlanta in Two weeks OMFG Can't wait to see you all!!!!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 21:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MunkyAngel Click here to Send MunkyAngel a Private Message Add MunkyAngel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Bliss
DERELICTS & DEGENERATES

quote:
Originally posted by BitchBoyNYC
Alisa, I hope the shirt helped out

sir, your shirt is washed and folded and minty fresh... waiting for pickup... thank you for using alisa laundry services... that'll be $7.99

Old Post Jun-29-2004 22:42  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Bliss Click here to Send Miss Bliss a Private Message Add Miss Bliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJDavidScott
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by djozzman1
Kill this thread already, the event is over...you had fun it was great cool...no need to extend it to 95 pages for no reason

Then stay off the thread. If you read through what people have written, you would see that this evet(s) TOUCHED people. I myself CANNOT get the whole experience out of my mind. It was pre magic...100%. It was the best night for many people who follow PVD and it will not be repeated like this ever again. For those who see it the way I do...Glad we all enjoyed the fuck out of every second of the day and night.

Thank you PVD! See you SOONER than later

I just do it exactly the way I enjoy listening to it. This is most of the time it is with banging beats. It is even with a soft thing, a soft melodic idea, or whatever. I still like to have it rocking. Keep in mind what this music is made for, first of all. Its not made to be easy listening on the radio. Its not made to be easy listening in television. Its actually kick ass in the club. This is what music is. This is the purpose of this art form...to listen to it and let the frequencies actually blow you away. --Paul Van Dyk

Old Post Jun-29-2004 22:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJDavidScott Click here to Send DJDavidScott a Private Message Add DJDavidScott to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Bliss
sir, your shirt is washed and folded and minty fresh... waiting for pickup... thank you for using alisa laundry services... that'll be $7.99

WAIT JUST A SECOND GIRL!!! You wear his shirt and get it totally soaked, then you wash it, charge him, and make him pick it up??? WTF!!! Joey, dont take this kinda shit from women.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 22:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread