Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Burning ***
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Forever Forward
Around $5K for a seven-person RV. Though, we'll only have between 3 and 5 people in it.

How many days?

Old Post Jul-28-2014 01:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
Originally posted by Forever Forward
Flying into LA August 22, picking up our RV the next day, and then driving to Black Rock City

The RV is a good idea... but why not fly into Reno and isnt 5k a bit much to rent out?

Me and my gf wanted to plan it out, but it seems like a logistical nightmare unless you drive down.... but to drive down from Toronto is a long time, and the drive back will be very sloppy...

Old Post Jul-28-2014 14:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
and isnt 5k a bit much to rent out?

That's what I was thinking, hence my follow up inquiry of how long.

Old Post Jul-28-2014 18:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

Argh, I say every year I want to go to this. Maybe 2015

How difficult is it to get tickets?

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Jul-29-2014 02:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by ItalianPoiSon
The RV is a good idea... but why not fly into Reno and isnt 5k a bit much to rent out?

Me and my gf wanted to plan it out, but it seems like a logistical nightmare unless you drive down.... but to drive down from Toronto is a long time, and the drive back will be very sloppy...

reno is much smarter. i already looked into RV's for next years BM and the drive is MUCH shorter. in a car its about 3 hours so in an RV figure maybe 4-5 based on your speed and how familiar you are driving an RV. way better than the 10 hours from LA or so.

Old Post Jul-29-2014 15:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
Argh, I say every year I want to go to this. Maybe 2015

How difficult is it to get tickets?

if you preregister i dont believe all that tough. my friend has gotten them two years in a row now with no issue.

Old Post Jul-29-2014 15:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Forever Forward
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
How many days?

10 or 11 days.

Old Post Aug-04-2014 21:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Forward Click here to Send Forever Forward a Private Message Add Forever Forward to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Forever Forward
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by gimmebeatz
reno is much smarter. i already looked into RV's for next years BM and the drive is MUCH shorter. in a car its about 3 hours so in an RV figure maybe 4-5 based on your speed and how familiar you are driving an RV. way better than the 10 hours from LA or so.

Well, we're meeting a bunch of friends in LA the weekend prior, some of whom are coming with us. Plus, RVs in Reno tend to be much more expensive to rent (up to $3,000 more when we were looking).

Old Post Aug-06-2014 15:57  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Forward Click here to Send Forever Forward a Private Message Add Forever Forward to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

BM is a topless event? Certainly appears so in pic one.

Old Post Aug-06-2014 23:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

I spent most of last night in bed, 4 hours almost reading the BM site and all the survival guide, required reading, tips and tricks etc. and it sounds awfully complicated, but also A LOT of fun!

Also sounds like that if you're traveling there, it is going to take a big bite of your wallet to gear up with all the necessities once there. Tupperware bins, bikes, decorations, etc. And camping gear if you're not RV'ing, even then you still need to gear up.

And the LNT ideal, awesome idea, but sounds more difficult than it maybe really is.

I would love to just have a big budget, fly down to Reno, rent a sikk RV, gear up, load up and get tons of supplies and head on in for a week of adventure.

I do have a few questions though.

1) Can you come and go as you please? If you need more supplies, can you go run out into town and go get some? Maybe dump some garbage and grey water as well?

2) Drugs, we all know it's happening, and an integral part of BM from what I hear. If this is a cashless society, are people just trading drugs for drugs? And if so, as the guide says, there is highway patrol checking cars on the highway in and out, and other authorities on Gate Road, how is everyone getting in enough drugs (if that's your thing) to trade and indulge in all week? Not to mention, if drugs were in your wheelhouse, and you're not from around there, where in the hell would you link up to get some once you're in the area?

3) This whole communal thing, is that something practiced by everyone, or just the more devout burners? If I was just there chilling and grilling up a couple steaks for my and a friend, some dude walks up wearing a boa and eyeshadow, am I obliged to give him some? Not being selfish, but where is the line or grey area of this share and trade society?

4) Are people who are there for the music and everything, and the art, but more introverted and not flashy frowned upon? Perhaps it's their first time and they are not in costume, or camp/rv is not decorated. I know that probably they will get in the mood and mindset and be more prepared the next year. But would that group of people at an undecorated camp, not in costume, not going apeshit crazy be looked at as narcs or 'the man'.

5) Bikes, are you just grabbing them of craigslist, use and then recycling them?

6) Can someone take me? For free of course.

7) People are playing music, have systems etc, DJ equipment, how is dust not a factor for damage?

8) Pissing or shitting is frowned upon (of course) on the playa. But are they really that strict? What if there is nothing around, can't find the porta potty and you had a few to many to drink or whatever, and you need to piss, or you get sick and puke. You going to get a citation for real?

Next year I will go! And it will be in style. RV for sure, need those toilets and abundance of water.

Last edited by Mach X on Aug-21-2014 at 02:20

Old Post Aug-20-2014 22:55  Canada
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

Great questions you've asked Deep. Looking forward to hearing some of the replies!

Old Post Aug-21-2014 00:34  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze
Great questions you've asked Deep. Looking forward to hearing some of the replies!

I had so many more, can't remember them right now. I think the first time you need to be a guest or something of someone else who has done it before or a veteran of BM. Then you get your own idea and can be prepared to do it solo the next time and bring your own guests.

Honestly, that site is so overwhelming with advice, dos and don'ts, guides, policies, mantras etc. I couldn't imagine doing it on a whim or randomly, although it would be one helluva adventure. I always like to be over prepared, and this seems like A LOT of preparation. It's daunting as you read more. It's not a 2 day camping trip up north with your basic amenities, it's a full week basically and you have to have EVERYTHING!

Ohh, and one more question for any burners. I'll append it to the previous.

9) Cell coverage? Is there any? Could you still communicate with other s at Black Rock with txts or calls? Is there data/wifi, or is that sense of 'connected' frowned upon during the festival? I don't recall seeing any updates, pics or statuses from people last year till the festival concluded. Even if you're discouraged from using social media or technology for communication, what about emergencies etc, are you at least connected enough to either seek help, or receive pressing information from the outside world if you will?

Old Post Aug-21-2014 02:19  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Burning ***
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackI'll save my tears for a rainy day [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNRC - "Here Comes the Rain Again" (Push Dub Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread