Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA OFFICIAL 2012 DEMF/Movement Discussion Thread (May 26-28 Detroit, MI)
Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
PivotTechno
senseless

Sad I didn't get to go this year, but at least someone caught moments like this one for me to enjoy:

WestsideWax Soundcloud

WestsideWax Mixcloud

New! WestsideWax Archives

Old Post Jun-01-2012 04:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for PivotTechno Click here to Send PivotTechno a Private Message Add PivotTechno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Knox
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
I eat my words. Glad they finally fixed the sound in there (that's pretty impressive given the tin roof). Sounds like this may have been the best boat yet. Also, what kind of music did he play? Usually when he plays short sets he gets all techno which I'm not too into.

Yes he did play a pretty banging set for most of it. I've never experienced Danny T like this so I really enjoyed it. He's just so creative how he can just shift gears like a stalling car and just kick in the clutch and rescue it - and all along with no one in the car gets a whip lash. He impressed me a lot. Right near the end he was just chugging it out and a quick slow down "I feel Love" sample music (not vocals) looped over and over and over to slow it down then he just dropped in this weird and wonderful sound loop over it. We knew it was coming to and end so we left then. What a fantastic party. We were all dancing so hard and smiling from ear to ear.

I was really looking for the negatives to this boat as many spoke of as well - but I thought the sound was good. They must have tweaked things a lot this year.

Third year buying a ticket for the boat - First year actualyl stepping on to it.

Old Post Jun-01-2012 15:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Knox Click here to Send Knox a Private Message Add Knox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by PivotTechno

AWESOME!

Old Post Jun-02-2012 00:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

quote:
Originally posted by Knox
He's just so creative how he can just shift gears like a stalling car and just kick in the clutch and rescue it - and all along with no one in the car gets a whip lash.

Haha well said!

quote:

Third year buying a ticket for the boat - First year actualyl stepping on to it.

Old Post Jun-02-2012 01:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LKD
Omni-peasant

the most memorable moment for me this year was hearing Chicken Lips - He's Not In dropped by Hot Natured. Haven't heard that played at a venue since 2003/04

Most memorable non DEMF moment (ie outside of Hart Plaza) was all the women coming up to me at the Zabiela gig asking if I was his manager. Initially I said no....then decided to just avoid the question and work with their idea lol

Old Post Jun-03-2012 17:28  United Arab Emirates
Click Here to See the Profile for LKD Click here to Send LKD a Private Message Visit LKD's homepage! Add LKD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
corjay9
Chief Executive Ocifer

Footage I took of Fred P at TV Bar sunday night, its a little shaky cuz I'm dancing like a fool. Great set!

Old Post Jun-03-2012 22:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for corjay9 Click here to Send corjay9 a Private Message Add corjay9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

quote:
Originally posted by corjay9
Footage I took of Fred P at TV Bar sunday night, its a little shaky cuz I'm dancing like a fool. Great set!

Fred P is a deep house hypnotist. I would love to see this guy live.

Old Post Jun-03-2012 23:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

any Old Miami footage floating around yet? Biggest thing I missed about DEMF this year :'(

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Jun-04-2012 02:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

http://www.freep.com/article/20120528/ENT04/120528024

Ohnoes. Plz dont change demf

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jun-04-2012 14:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan

Lame.. As long as they don't change the other stages.. they've had lots of commercial acts before.

Old Post Jun-04-2012 15:22  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Cribby
Lame.. As long as they don't change the other stages.. they've had lots of commercial acts before.

well looks like it was my last one then..

Old Post Jun-04-2012 15:28  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
devnull
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan

If that frees up space at beatport stage...im all for it

This year, I felt the festival to be empty on the Monday....and also the fact that the main stage lacked a sponsor worries me...Perhaps bringing big 'commercial' names would bring additional sponsorship...

I dont know what to make of this...

Old Post Jun-04-2012 15:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for devnull Add devnull to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA OFFICIAL 2012 DEMF/Movement Discussion Thread (May 26-28 Detroit, MI)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSven Vath @ Tripod ID's pleeeease.. [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDarude - "Out Of Control" (Back For More) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread