Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Beatport's 'Genres On The Rise'
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ~*Stereohead*~
but it's really funny actually when i come home & he asks what i think about what he's working on and i say something like 'i fkn hate this' lolllll...i am brutally honest with him.

Good. You're doing him a favor! Go Erika. Honesty FTW

Old Post May-08-2012 21:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Casa Click here to Send Casa a Private Message Add Casa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

dOP does it well.

Old Post May-09-2012 00:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

quote:
Originally posted by Ravemontreal
What is Hipster or Ketamine house? I don't get it.

Link ?

caca like this.

Old Post May-09-2012 00:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay

caca like this.

Now compare that with this. You tell me what sounds like a better production. We're not talking about what is a better anthem, club banger etc, those ketamine or whatever tracks are bombs and make people dance thats for sure. But personally, thats not what i look for in a record. I want to know that the producer took time, has talent and creativity to make the best possible music he can and if it bangs in a club, thats an added bonus. That's just my point of view as a record producer. Then again art department without you was the track that started that whole phase so maybe its a bad example. Gotta respect them even if i dont like their music.

As an artist myself and im sure many others would agree, theres so much music out there that the only stuff thats worth listening to is the stuff that makes you go "wow how the hell did he write that hi hat pattern, what a great crisp vocal recording, wicked melody, this guy must have formal piano training, etc.

thats my 2cents, im sure many producers/people that have been around the scene for a while would agree.

ib4 i get called an egotistical elitist douchebag for stating my point of view and backing it up.

Last edited by Casa on May-09-2012 at 00:42

Old Post May-09-2012 00:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Casa Click here to Send Casa a Private Message Add Casa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

that art department track certainly isn't hard to beat. If i had to play music for k heads it would be this and so funny to watch them attempt to dance to it.

not a fan of the stimming track either, i prefer the early dynamic stuff, but really he lost me.

Old Post May-09-2012 00:46 
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
that art department track certainly isn't hard to beat. If i had to play music for k heads it would be this and so funny to watch them attempt to dance to it.

not a fan of the stimming track either, i prefer the early dynamic stuff, but really he lost me.

Cool track!! Thanks for that one. That stimming one is pretty early on in diynamic (march2009), i used to be a massive fan of him, all his first eps, funkworm, his first album etc. It was sad to have to unclick "follow this artist" on beatport. he's been terrible

Also, if anyone understands what I said before and wants to start producing, please run away and steer clear of ableton. its the worst sounding software in the world and 95% of that ketamine stuff is made on that because alot of those tracks sample rnb records and ableton is super good for looping and sampling but it ruins the sound quality. It's super easy to tell who mixes in ableton and who doesnt. if you bounce out of ableton and into protools or with an outboard console , youre fine. But most of those guys are too lazy. If ableton sounded as good as everything else it would be the best audio production program in the world and everything else would be obsolete.

Old Post May-09-2012 00:51  Canada
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

not on youtube but check out this for something to skull fuck junkies with

http://www.discogs.com/Somfay-Serendip/release/1129924

Old Post May-09-2012 00:58 
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

good old diynamic:

man that label really went to shit

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post May-09-2012 01:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
good old diynamic:

man that label really went to shit

Massive tank, I agree!
Eiszauber was actually the first track I even played in a club!
Still remember cueing that one up. Ah good times.

Old Post May-09-2012 01:16  Canada
Ravemontreal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

caca like this.

Ok I see, didn't know that was called Ketamine house... i'm learning something new everyday.

Old Post May-09-2012 01:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ravemontreal Click here to Send Ravemontreal a Private Message Visit Ravemontreal's homepage! Add Ravemontreal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

presented without comment

Old Post May-09-2012 03:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

so 90's. this trend and this uk bass movement are pretty much a slightly tweaked sound that was part of the 90's boom in dance music (old fucks like me will remember), and uk bass is essentially the uk garage we saw mostly towards the end of that decade. There where plenty of shit amateur house vocalists too back then, some which got very popular....the difference now is that i find that it is true to say that there are less quality records with quality vox now than back then. Damien Lazarus needs to find one of those fat black choir church ladies and sign her.

Don't forget the impact that dj worship had on dance music, causing everyone to want to be a dj and not really care if they do it badly or not. American idol and those shows cause people to think they are signers in the same way. I see it all the time, some chick claiming to be a vocalist, but when you hear her you have to stop yourself from giggling or making disgusted faces until after the hj.

Last edited by zyklon-jay on May-09-2012 at 12:39

Old Post May-09-2012 12:34 

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Beatport's 'Genres On The Rise'
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackneed id plz !! [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLoco Dice - "Phat Dope Shit" (Saeed's Shit Base Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread