Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
Deep South? Hmm, that's gonna be pretty tough... Only thing that immediately comes to mind is this:

I'll have to get creative!

I have never felt like DJ's should be constricted to 4x4 or EDM. I feel like in this challenge you can play any genre you want: rock, blues, bluegrass, whatever. Just because this is TranceAddict doesn't mean it has to be trance! Last year I did a hip-hop mix for my challenge, and it went over quite well.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jul-24-2017 22:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
I have never felt like DJ's should be constricted to 4x4 or EDM. I feel like in this challenge you can play any genre you want: rock, blues, bluegrass, whatever. Just because this is TranceAddict doesn't mean it has to be trance! Last year I did a hip-hop mix for my challenge, and it went over quite well.

That's good, because I might be dropping some death metal.

Old Post Jul-24-2017 22:37  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

right now my head is equating rooftop with lounge music. basically if i didn't strike gold and get peak time id be having to do some digging.

Old Post Jul-25-2017 00:33  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
That's good, because I might be dropping some death metal.

Personally, I'm really hoping you manage to work at least one song from the Silent Hill game series into your mix...

Quarantine Music Festival 2020

All My Mixes!

Old Post Jul-26-2017 03:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
Personally, I'm really hoping you manage to work at least one song from the Silent Hill game series into your mix...

Maybe not that directly, but there will be something very similar for sure. I have a pretty interesting concept in mind, but I don't know if I can manage to pull it off.

Old Post Jul-26-2017 06:47  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

What would be a good online store to find some more... unconventional (ie. non-dance) music? Amazon?

Old Post Aug-06-2017 08:01  Finland
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
What would be a good online store to find some more... unconventional (ie. non-dance) music? Amazon?

I've gotten a lot of stuff on Amazon but iirc the bitrate is 256, which may be a dealbreaker for you.

All My Mixes!

Old Post Aug-07-2017 22:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

quote:
I've gotten a lot of stuff on Amazon but iirc the bitrate is 256, which may be a dealbreaker for you.

I'll have to see if there are any other options, otherwise that'll have to do. I know what I want to play, but actually finding playable versions seems to be a bit difficult.

Old Post Aug-08-2017 08:43  Finland
ziptnf
Programming your future

Ziptnf - Electric Summer [retro/synthwave]

I've had a great summer; I got a promotion and my wife is pregnant with our first child. I have also attended a few great local music shows recently and enjoyed a lot of new sounds and styles. I had two distinct directions to take this mix: go the housey route or go full blown retro, 80's synthwave style.

The synthwave scene can tend to have a reputation of being loaded with children of the late 80's and early 90's that romance about times that they hardly remember, basing their productions on cult classics and popular music from that decade. Despite this, and sifting through hundreds of forcibly ironic tracks with bad lyrics about high schools that only exist in movies, I was able to find a solid tracklist that helps frame my wonderful summer. Hopefully you will find a fresh, dreamy, cheesy lyric-free mix that may remind you of your favorite memories.

Classixx - Hanging Gardens [Innovative Leisure]
Anoraak - Skyline [Endless Summer]
Sellorekt/LA Dreams - Sudden Moves [Sellorekt/LA Dreams]
FM-84 - Neon Sunrise [FM-84]
Tycho - See [Ghostly International]
The Midnight - Kick Drums & Red Wine [The Midnight]
Phaserland - Smolder [Rosso Corsa]
Beckett - Rush [InnerDark]
D/A/D - Backbone of the Night [Rosso Corsa]
Dance With The Dead - Waves [Dance With The Dead]
StardonE - Love Fighter [Nightrunners]
Sung - Zodiac [Geoffrey Graven]
Epoch - ZZ (Double Zeta) [Retro Promenade]
Volkor X - The Bomb [Planet Cracker]

Enjoy!

download:
Ziptnf - Electric Summer (57:39) 138.4MB ~320kbps

Last edited by ziptnf on Aug-24-2017 at 14:39

Old Post Aug-24-2017 14:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Helluva mix, Nick! I'm in love with the song 25 minutes in, in particular - it reminds me of something straight out of an early 90's shmup for Sega CD or PC Engine CD! And ditto for the song that comes right after that.

All My Mixes!

Old Post Aug-27-2017 15:14  United States
ziptnf
Programming your future

Thanks Luke! The songs you are referring to are:

I appreciate the listen! Figured this one would be right up your alley.

Old Post Aug-27-2017 22:26 
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Ziptnf - Electric Summer [retro/synthwave]

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Classixx - Hanging Gardens [Innovative Leisure]
Anoraak - Skyline [Endless Summer]
Sellorekt/LA Dreams - Sudden Moves [Sellorekt/LA Dreams]
FM-84 - Neon Sunrise [FM-84]
Tycho - See [Ghostly International]
The Midnight - Kick Drums & Red Wine [The Midnight]
D/A/D - Backbone of the Night [Rosso Corsa]
Dance With The Dead - Waves [Dance With The Dead]
StardonE - Love Fighter [Nightrunners]
Sung - Zodiac [Geoffrey Graven]
Epoch - ZZ (Double Zeta) [Retro Promenade]
Volkor X - The Bomb [Planet Cracker]

This is a great mix was going to do one myself for the car but you did it for me

Old Post Aug-28-2017 13:26  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::::::::. **** TA DJ Challenge Series - Theme Mix 3 (COMPLETE) **** .::::::::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID from TV-series [2010] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Shufflemaster - "Geylang" [Subvoice] [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread