Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2011.04.23 Made Event presents Above and Beyond at Best Buy Theatre
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
AY STAR
let the music use you up

not that iam going, but anyone know if a&b made it safely to nyc and the show is still on?
i know vlad was saying the airport in stl is shut down and they were tryin to find another way to nyc

Old Post Apr-23-2011 23:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gmoney44
F Bitches..Get $

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
not that iam going, but anyone know if a&b made it safely to nyc and the show is still on?
i know vlad was saying the airport in stl is shut down and they were tryin to find another way to nyc

just tracked some flights..all flights from st louis to jfk were cancelled and to laguardia were cancelled and the others had no information..i dont think its lookin too good lol

edit- Zack told me they made it lol

Gerard Lavelle February 2013 Promo

Old Post Apr-24-2011 01:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gmoney44 Click here to Send gmoney44 a Private Message Visit gmoney44's homepage! Add gmoney44 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cl0wnz0r
Caviar , vodka, & pickles

quote:
Originally posted by gmoney44
just tracked some flights..all flights from st louis to jfk were cancelled and to laguardia were cancelled and the others had no information..i dont think its lookin too good lol

edit- Zack told me they made it lol

sorry didnt post the info here as i did this morning on anjuna forum. they got in a car at 3am to drive to chicago. made it by ~8am, took a flight over to NYC. no problem for them.

i just got into KC after traveling by train for 8 hours. thanks to the awesome train that broke down in front of mine on a 1 way track for 3 hours. PRAYING that my flights from KC-BOS are not canceled. this is the 2nd time in a month i had an airport closure prevent me from seeing a&b (miami airport was the other).

i expect a full review from all of you that went!

Old Post Apr-24-2011 07:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl0wnz0r Click here to Send cl0wnz0r a Private Message Add cl0wnz0r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Burak14
Supreme tranceaddict

not for nothing but this song is really sick. deep and emotional. apparently, they closed out with this and paavo wrote on the screen saying he wrote this song while looking into the eyes of his new born son. and how he won't forget how the suun looked in his eyes.

hopefully daniel kandi will remix this

Old Post Apr-24-2011 08:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Burak14 Click here to Send Burak14 a Private Message Add Burak14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
acetate212
Supreme tranceaddict

This song is amazing & probably the highlight of the show to me. I always loved the opening intro track Tri-state from the Tri-state album and didn't think they could top that track with another instrumental intro similar to it. apparently they have...

awesome awesome show, I wish I could do it over again tonight

Old Post Apr-24-2011 10:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for acetate212 Click here to Send acetate212 a Private Message Add acetate212 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tranceforeva
tranceaddict

anyone else love in the beginning when they played the dirty south remix of sorry? had never heard it at a show before. ratio mustve been at least 5:1 guys to girls last night, surprisingly way worse than any roseland or webster hall or terminal 5 show ive seen

Old Post Apr-25-2011 02:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for tranceforeva Click here to Send tranceforeva a Private Message Add tranceforeva to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

always a lot of dudes out before a holiday. girls need to help out cooking the following day. guys just don't give a dam

Old Post Apr-25-2011 03:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Skeptic
Supreme tranceaddict

It was amazing!

A&B was... well Paavo was superb(by the way, does anybody knows what happened with Jono?). Paavo is the shit man. he played two of my favorite tracks right now: Helion and The Man Who Knew too Much. But the entire set was outstanding. I can wait to know what's the name of the new tracks from Arty and MatZo, cause I think they haven't released them yet.

I give this gig a 10 overall!

Old Post Apr-25-2011 03:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Skeptic Click here to Send Skeptic a Private Message Add Skeptic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
always a lot of dudes out before a holiday. girls need to help out cooking the following day. guys just don't give a dam

You might think that's true but there were tons of hotties at Pacha last night. I guess they don't give a damn too

Old Post Apr-25-2011 03:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cl0wnz0r
Caviar , vodka, & pickles

quote:
Originally posted by skalariak
It was amazing!

does anybody knows what happened with Jono?).

he probably didn't sleep much with all the BS the tornado caused in STL. its pretty damn annoying to sit in a car for 5 hours and hope your standby status in chicago gets you to nyc for a gig you want to do more than one in STL where all of 10 people know of anjuna.

Old Post Apr-25-2011 03:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl0wnz0r Click here to Send cl0wnz0r a Private Message Add cl0wnz0r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zack Roth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by skalariak
by the way, does anybody knows what happened with Jono?

Did he get off early? I was all over after my set and didn't really see who was on the decks the whole night.

But, I know that they were running on almost no sleep really after the St. Louis airport situation. They apparently got to the city and had to be at Best Buy right away for soundcheck.

Old Post Apr-25-2011 03:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zack Roth Click here to Send Zack Roth a Private Message Visit Zack Roth's homepage! Add Zack Roth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RemiX
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by tranceforeva
anyone else love in the beginning when they played the dirty south remix of sorry? had never heard it at a show before. ratio mustve been at least 5:1 guys to girls last night, surprisingly way worse than any roseland or webster hall or terminal 5 show ive seen

Guess all the women were at Pacha/Roseland....I think poor Jono was totally out of commission. Paavo was writing messages up on the screen and mentioned that Jono was sick; curled up in the fetal position.

Paavo destroyed BB theatre. Played lots of jams. Had me moving, non-stop for three hours. Here are the tracks I remember in no particular order:

Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford - Thing Called Love
Parker & Hanson & Andrew Bayer vs Kaskade & Dirty South "Sorry Alquimia" [Mat Zo Mashup]
Kyau & Albert "Kiksu" [2011 Rework]
Kyau & Albert "Be There 4 U" [Mat Zo Remix]
Ferry Corsten "Punk" [Arty's "Rock-n-Rolla" Mix]
Claessen & Martens "The Man Who Knew Too Much
Arty & Mat Zo "Rebound
Tiesto & Mark Knight feat. Dino "Beautiful World"
Above & Beyond feat Richard Bedford - Sun & Moon
Mashup of no one on earth and black is the new yellow

Closed with On a good day/Metropolis

Old Post Apr-25-2011 03:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RemiX Click here to Send RemiX a Private Message Add RemiX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2011.04.23 Made Event presents Above and Beyond at Best Buy Theatre
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackcan anyone id this trance tune from 99 time? [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDynamic - The Answer [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread