Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.10 George Acosta back in NY @Club Twenty below
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Katzlist
Junior tranceaddict

2012.08.10 George Acosta back in NY @Club Twenty below

Launch Event of Weekly EDM FRIDAYS

“CLASSIC NIGHT”
w/ Legendary Exit DJ George Acosta LIVE!

Friday August 10th
@
Twenty Below
20 W 39th Street
(between 5th and 6th Avenues)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
EVENT INFORMATION:

From the promoters who brought you “SIN CITY” Fridays @ District 36, We would like to present the newest exclusive EDM venue: Twenty Below! EDM Fridays has a new home as we launch the weekly Friday event with legendary EXIT DJ George Acosta. Twenty Below provides a great music environment for individuals seeking a great time. It combines non-stop energy and entertainment that give guests an experience unrivaled by none in NY nightlife and offers a state of the art sound and lighting system.

Anyone who has listened to trance in the early 2000's will recognize the name. With over 20+ years of experiences as a DJ and Producer, George can certainly be considered a driving force in the dance music industry. He is one of the few original EDM artists that has managed to keep up with the evolution of dance music, reinventing himself and coming on stronger each and every time. DJ Mark Ian, who has played EXIT NYC, Avalon NYC, Spirit NYC, Webster Hall, and Pacha NYC will also be on hand.

Of course we have brought our resident DJ's Static and Bass as they will continue to spin the hottest beats.

GUEST LIST ADMISSION:

- Ladies FREE until 12AM

21+ Event

Mention "KATHYS LIST" at the Door !!

Bottle Specials: 2 for $500 (RSVP)

http://highsociety4life.tumblr.com/ | www.youtube.com/highsocietyxo

http://highsociety4life.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Katzlist on Aug-05-2012 at 10:01

Old Post Jul-25-2012 05:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Katzlist Click here to Send Katzlist a Private Message Add Katzlist to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Freak De Ke
Junior tranceaddict

i tried to google the place, and i didnt get anything.
i google'd the address and got culture club?
maybe you can share some imagines of what the place looks like?

Old Post Jul-25-2012 13:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Freak De Ke Click here to Send Freak De Ke a Private Message Add Freak De Ke to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by Freak De Ke
i tried to google the place, and i didnt get anything.
i google'd the address and got culture club?
maybe you can share some imagines of what the place looks like?

That is indeed the address to Culture Club. I've been there before for their Saturday 80's night. It's pretty funk and retro and pretty much designed using 80's memerobilia and has some cool lighting.

May be the call the club a different name on Fridays???

Here's the clubs official website, you can see some pics there: http://cultureclub.com/

Last edited by euphoria on Jul-25-2012 at 13:52

Old Post Jul-25-2012 13:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Katzlist
Junior tranceaddict

Its in the basement where the party is at

Old Post Jul-26-2012 01:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Katzlist Click here to Send Katzlist a Private Message Add Katzlist to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

I'm gonna try to hit up 2 events that night. Let me know what time George goes on

Old Post Jul-26-2012 04:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RemiX
Senior tranceaddict

I could have sworn he was supposed to spin at D36 instead of this place.

Slightly off-topic, but George Acosta must be one of the most underrated trance producers out there. Here is a guy that produces top notch tracks, his records are always being played on ASOT, and has worked with some of the top vocalist in the scene.

Yet for some reason, the guy never gets booked at these big festivals or any mainstream event. Im his fan on FB and see that he plays at cities like Akron OH, Albuquerque NM, and Tampa FL.

Can anyone explain why???

Old Post Jul-27-2012 16:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RemiX Click here to Send RemiX a Private Message Add RemiX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
a.l.d.i.
Supreme tranceaddict

past 03' i don't remember anything i like of his. that's my take

Old Post Jul-27-2012 18:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for a.l.d.i. Click here to Send a.l.d.i. a Private Message Add a.l.d.i. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edge007
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by RemiX
I could have sworn he was supposed to spin at D36 instead of this place.

Slightly off-topic, but George Acosta must be one of the most underrated trance producers out there. Here is a guy that produces top notch tracks, his records are always being played on ASOT, and has worked with some of the top vocalist in the scene.

Yet for some reason, the guy never gets booked at these big festivals or any mainstream event. Im his fan on FB and see that he plays at cities like Akron OH, Albuquerque NM, and Tampa FL.

We have moved our events to this venue from D36.

Old Post Jul-27-2012 22:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for edge007 Click here to Send edge007 a Private Message Visit edge007's homepage! Add edge007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by RemiX

This one is actually easy to answer: because those places are like 5 years behind musically. He's past his prime and ppl in more cosmopolitan places have moved on.

He did play Dayglow in DC last year though. It was horrible.

Old Post Jul-27-2012 22:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Armitage350
Supreme tranceaddict

I used to catch his radio show on Sirius. It was not bad a few years back, but I haven't really paid him much mind in awhile.

Old Post Jul-27-2012 23:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Armitage350 Click here to Send Armitage350 a Private Message Add Armitage350 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Katzlist
Junior tranceaddict

Lets make it a Exit Reunion since George Acosta had play at Exit a long time ago! Everyone come thur! Mention Kathys list!

Old Post Aug-10-2012 00:52  United States
RemiX
Senior tranceaddict

any reviews?

Old Post Aug-11-2012 17:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RemiX Click here to Send RemiX a Private Message Add RemiX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.10 George Acosta back in NY @Club Twenty below
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback3in1 [2002] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJorio - "Remember Me (Space Brothers Mix)" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread