Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > September 11th Attacks - Do You Think It Was a Conspiracy?
Pages (39): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

quote:
Originally posted by Sunsnail
Why would there be multiple explosions?

They usually blow the interior weight bearing members first so that the building implodes or falls in upon itself as opposed to falling over or exploding outwards.

a normal building implosion:

that blasting sounds pretty distinct, doesn't it?

The WTC on 9/11:

Old Post Jun-30-2007 02:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

quote:
Originally posted by colonelcrisp
if you look at the last few pages of the other 911 thread (the big one) culrout posted a list of "professional engineers" who are members of scholars for 911 truth. i merely took their names and searched the PE registry of the states in which they reside to see if they were or ever have been licensed. in all cases save 1 or 2, none of them had ever been licensed as an engineer. the two taht were, were not civil engineers.

i have never argued the suspicious events leading up to and during 911, BUT what i do understand much better than most forum members is the way in which that building was designed, and the weakness it had. one of my proff's from uni was actually involved with the study done by the ASCE following 911, i belive it was part of the FEMA report or released shortly there after. anyways he did a lecture on it in class the one day and explained in great detail the short commings of the desing especialy in the realm of fire protection, for the record my prof, professor hadjisophecleus (sp) is the chair of the canadian fire safety research council, and a highly distinguished professor of structural engineering.

the molten metal (if it was indeed molten metal) could have been insulated from cooling by the tons of debris on top of it. a tremendous ammount of heat was caused by teh buildings collapse, there is alot of energy dissapated in an event like that and that energy has to go somewhere.

Forensic engineering is not an exact science. there is no way to ever find out exactly what happened step by step. the final solution is almost always based on a series of most probable events. despite how much you CT people hate the word "pancake" theory.... it is the most feasibly failure mode for that structure given the dammage sustained by teh impacts and ensuing fires. i belive PKC posted a picture of rubble form ground zero that clearly showed a section of concrete that looked like a boulder with what looked like office papers sandwiched between layers of concrete.

I'd probably believe it too but that theory holds so little water. The buildings came down at virtually freefall speed which for the most part rules out the Pancake Theory when given the fact that it's kinetic energy would be partially absorbed by each successive collapsing floor. That is, unless the support beams were cut which would allow them to fall freely.

The cleanup crew even remarked how they couldn't believe that the steal beams came down in such cleanly cut sections.

I thought Morgan Reynolds (professor emeritus at Texas A&M University) said it well here: http://www.lewrockwell.com/reynolds/reynolds12.html

Old Post Jun-30-2007 03:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancer-X Click here to Send Trancer-X a Private Message Visit Trancer-X's homepage! Add Trancer-X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

quote:
Originally posted by colonelcrisp

the molten metal (if it was indeed molten metal) could have been insulated from cooling by the tons of debris on top of it. a tremendous ammount of heat was caused by teh buildings collapse, there is alot of energy dissapated in an event like that and that energy has to go somewhere.

these guys saw it:

and John Gross of the NIST acts like he had no clue:

(a little redundant as both of these were posted above)

Old Post Jun-30-2007 03:58  United States
culorut
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sunsnail
Why would there be multiple explosions?

Because it takes a few to bring down structures like the World Trade Towers.

Old Post Jun-30-2007 23:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for culorut Click here to Send culorut a Private Message Add culorut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
culorut
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

The molten metal was present before they even started to cool off ground zero with water.

I am going to have to take the rescue workers and firefighters side on this one, they where actually present at the scene unlike that criminal (John Gross) from NIST who denies it being there at all.

Old Post Jun-30-2007 23:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for culorut Click here to Send culorut a Private Message Add culorut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

quote:
Lone Gunmen episode that aired prior to September 11th in which an inside faction of the government posing as terrorists hijacks a 727 by remote control and targets the World Trade Center.

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lone_Gunmen

Pilot episode "predicts" 9/11 In a foreshadowing of the September 11, 2001 attacks, subsequent conspiracy theories, and the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the plot of the March 4, 2001 pilot episode of the series depicts a secret U.S. government agency plotting to crash a Boeing 727 headed for Boston into the World Trade Center via remote control for the purpose of increasing the military defense budget and blaming the attack on foreign "tin-pot dictators" who are "begging to be smart-bombed." This episode aired in Australia less than two weeks before the 9/11 attacks, on August 30.

Old Post Jul-01-2007 01:19  United States
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

I like this clip where at about two and a half minutes into it Dubya talks about how the terrorists were instructed to plant the explosives high enough in the building so that it would prevent those who were trapped above from escaping.

Old Post Aug-25-2007 19:24  United States
DJ Shibby
Amphoteric Superbase

quote:
Originally posted by Trancer-X

I like this clip where at about two and a half minutes into it Dubya talks about how the terrorists were instructed to plant the explosives high enough in the building so that it would prevent those who were trapped above from escaping.

Sometimes I wonder if he really IS that stupid, or if he's dropping hints to warn us of some other controlling factor.

Hmm... naaaaaaaah, couldn't be.

Old Post Aug-28-2007 09:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Shibby Click here to Send DJ Shibby a Private Message Visit DJ Shibby's homepage! Add DJ Shibby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

Old Post Aug-28-2007 09:14  United States
Trancer-X
mutatis mutandis

Old Post Aug-28-2007 10:29  United States
Q5echo
asymetrical scepticism

quote:
Originally posted by Trancer-X

what are you trying to convey with this one?

Old Post Aug-28-2007 12:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Q5echo Click here to Send Q5echo a Private Message Add Q5echo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Q5echo
asymetrical scepticism

can't hear any bombs in this one, and he was in the building.

can't believe i'm doing this.

jsut looking at how the buildings collapse it's pretty obvious the structural failure that took place.

the one with the most weight to bear relative to the initial impact naturally falls first.

then the second comes down in on itself plain as day from the top all the way down to the ground. not the other way around like in controlled demolitions.

Last edited by Q5echo on Aug-28-2007 at 12:54

Old Post Aug-28-2007 12:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Q5echo Click here to Send Q5echo a Private Message Add Q5echo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > September 11th Attacks - Do You Think It Was a Conspiracy?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (39): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread