Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

Or we could do it COMPLETELY random...

/probably bad idea

Old Post Oct-25-2006 23:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

The one thing I really do think we have going for us is that we have a group of kids here who are genuinely concerned with:

A. Bringing more activity to this particular forum.

and

B. Supporting and showcasing up and coming talent.

Unfortunately such simple goals are rarely achieved with simple answers. As long as we keep brainstorming like this though, I'm sure we'll figure something out that's fair, and allows us to showcase the artists we feel deserve it from a completely objective point of view.

Old Post Oct-25-2006 23:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
Originally posted by RJT
We have to find a way to get more people involved or it simply won't work. To expect a small group of people to listen to everything would be very difficult, and at the end of the day, unfair. If we don't have a solid community of people regularly contributing, any kind of poll/mix of the month/rating system/artist showcase won't be at all objective.

Perhaps if we made it so that anybody who posted a mix in the forum would be eligible to vote for a "featured mix"?

I dunno. *shrug*

Old Post Oct-25-2006 23:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infinity HiGH
groovin

quote:
Originally posted by RJT
Unfortunately such simple goals are rarely achieved with simple answers. As long as we keep brainstorming like this though, I'm sure we'll figure something out that's fair, and allows us to showcase the artists we feel deserve it from a completely objective point of view.

How about each month, instead of showcasing a DJ who has made the best promo in the last month, we'd showcase someone who has shown the most improvement or consistency over a series of mixes? This would motivate all the DJ's here to give it their all each time they post a mix, as the hardwork would pay off, and it could create some healthy competition.

I guess the only problem here is keeping track of everyone's mixes though.... :S

Old Post Oct-26-2006 02:52  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for infinity HiGH Click here to Send infinity HiGH a Private Message Add infinity HiGH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ KING#1
tranceaddict

hi there guys i was wondering if anyone knew a site where they can hold more than 100 mb cause my mixes usually come out to like 117 yousend it only goes up to 100 mb with just the basic free account anyone know other sites that let you upload more?

thanks a bunch guys

WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/DJKING

Old Post Nov-01-2006 05:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ KING#1 Click here to Send DJ KING#1 a Private Message Visit DJ KING#1's homepage! Add DJ KING#1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cloud
housy

Thumbs up

Good job on the forum, this section is becoming very active, just look at the amount of yesterday's posts.

Old Post Nov-01-2006 22:00  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Visit Cloud's homepage! Add Cloud to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infinity HiGH
groovin

Re: anyone know?

quote:
Originally posted by DJ KING#1
hi there guys i was wondering if anyone knew a site where they can hold more than 100 mb cause my mixes usually come out to like 117 yousend it only goes up to 100 mb with just the basic free account anyone know other sites that let you upload more?

thanks a bunch guys

sendspace.com? megaupload.com?

Old Post Nov-07-2006 19:09  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for infinity HiGH Click here to Send infinity HiGH a Private Message Add infinity HiGH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

quote:
Originally posted by Cloud
Good job on the forum, this section is becoming very active, just look at the amount of yesterday's posts.

The last month has seen some serious action in here.

Old Post Nov-08-2006 09:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
UWM
mandroid

quote:
Originally posted by Allied Nations
I hate mixes that are like "some new shit from me"... Which is the sort of titling I'm trying to weed out of. I

Oops.

Old Post Nov-08-2006 21:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for UWM Click here to Send UWM a Private Message Visit UWM's homepage! Add UWM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

quote:
Originally posted by UWM
Oops.

i lol'd

Old Post Nov-08-2006 21:18 
D-res
Hangin from Sagan's uvula

I like this debate thats going on! I've often thought that having a 1-10 poll on each thread would be a good way to judge a general consensus of a persons mix, and perhaps each bi-annual or annual "best mix" contest could be based off of average ratings? That could be a big project if it cant be integrated into the the vbulletin code itself but it could potentially solve the issue of bias.

Regarding participation, I just recently got into the DJ Promotion section myself and I've been posting here now that I'm considering working on a mix myself. I like listening to all these peoples sets and I'm looking forward to helping people tweak their beat matching/phrasing/EQs, and of course getting feedback myself. I do agree that if people listen to and give you feedback you should take the time to listen to theirs. There is always going to be the issue of the people who post mixes and don't return to this section unless they're responding to feedback or posting another mix. Unfortunately, I don't see much of a solution for that, let alone a way to convince more people to come in here and take a listen. We'll likely have to settle with letting this section grow naturally, which hopefully means it'll grow quickly.

Old Post Nov-13-2006 09:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for D-res Click here to Send D-res a Private Message Add D-res to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beatflux
Rising Star in training

DJs who need somewhere to upload their mixes really need to check out www.filefront.com

It's extremely easy to upload to, it has a 1 GB/10 hour upload limit, the down/up load rates don't appear to be capped, and best of all it's really easy to download from! All you do is click the big icon that says "Download Here."

Every other site either too much advertising, slow download speeds, or they make you jump through too many hoops.

For the sake of Trance, use Filefront.

Old Post Nov-15-2006 00:16  Trinidad and Tobago
Click Here to See the Profile for Beatflux Click here to Send Beatflux a Private Message Add Beatflux to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksomeone must know this clip! [2003] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCovenant - Call the ships to port [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread