Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Pryda - Aftermath in action...
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
stevebutabi
spiritual-body-soul thing

Location: On the Edge of the Trans-Amazonian Highway in a Hastily Erected Wooden Shack

quote:
Originally posted by Thois
pryda - the gift

+1

heard sander drop aftermath live, it was awesome!

i included the gift & aftermath in my latest mix.

Old Post Nov-29-2005 02:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for stevebutabi Click here to Send stevebutabi a Private Message Add stevebutabi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blue.
Enjoy the silence

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
I think it really has to do with who plays it and how.

I have seen enough djs play it well, but i recently heard Brian Cox play it, and i didnt really feel it, and I absolultly LOVE this track...

Carl Cox played it as well as another DJ in the same night (his name escapes me) and both times I wasn't impressed, it just does nothing for me.

The Gift is the only Eric Prydz production that I can stand other than his mix of Pride's Paranoia.

Old Post Nov-29-2005 03:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Blue. Click here to Send Blue. a Private Message Add Blue. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Clovis
techno jungle shit

quote:
Originally posted by Blue.
Didn't see what all the hype was about until I heard it in a club.

Wait no I still couldn't see what all the hype was about, I just walked out of the room.

Cool, that leaves more room for us to jump around like retards when it drops...

Old Post Nov-29-2005 05:41  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Clovis Click here to Send Clovis a Private Message Visit Clovis's homepage! Add Clovis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mike_Foyle
Two colours in my head

i dont get the obsession with this track, its soooooo dull..... just my opinion though.

Old Post Nov-29-2005 10:51  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Mike_Foyle Click here to Send Mike_Foyle a Private Message Visit Mike_Foyle's homepage! Add Mike_Foyle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sinnica Hax
?SYNTAX ERROR

agree with Mike, its extremly overrated imo

Old Post Nov-29-2005 10:53  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Sinnica Hax Click here to Send Sinnica Hax a Private Message Add Sinnica Hax to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Foyle
i dont get the obsession with this track, its soooooo dull..... just my opinion though.

Sometimes it's the dull ones with the tremendous builds and the ability to drive people that get people into a song. This year that'd be Pryda- Aftermath and Purple Haze - Adrenaline for house and trance respectively. They aren't the most brilliantly produced, but the most intelligently produced floorfillers.

Old Post Nov-29-2005 10:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance Nutter
........... I got nothing

Okay, heard this get played twice last weekend, once by benjamin Bates and once by Mauro Picotto. Neither time did it really blow the roof off the place. It was biggish, but not huge. I was actually really disappointed with the reaction it got both times, I was expecting huge, but it failed to impress both times.

Old Post Nov-29-2005 11:43  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance Nutter Click here to Send Trance Nutter a Private Message Add Trance Nutter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
emre
S&D / 16BL

quote:
Originally posted by >>FK
agree with Mike, its extremly overrated imo

How can any track, where labelling it 'global dancefloor shredder' is a serious understatement, be overrated? If you haven't been able to experience it live you don't have any right of comment imo.

If you did experience what it does to dancefloors but simply just don't like it .. well thats possible of course; each to their own.
Of course it's overplayed by now but that just happens to all good, dancefloor working tunes in general and since this one is so massive it's only logical it's played by everyone and their DJ'ing mother. This naturally will lead to the track losing it's effect.

As for the quality of production of Aftermath, I was amazed at how simple the track seems compared to it's effects. Prydz really shows his production skills by making a track that seems so simple yet is this good and well produced. The construction of the breaks, the subtle change of bassline key and of course that catching melody makes you wonder why there aren't more producers producing like this (or is it that most producers today lack the talent to do so.)

I reckon i'ts because it's easiest to 'play simple' but playing simple isn't that easy.

That is all, rant over

Oh yeah .. If you loved it while finally hearing it live after that fabulous Digweed EM from Global gathering, imagine what it did to you if you heard it live for the very first time

Old Post Nov-29-2005 11:53  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for emre Click here to Send emre a Private Message Visit emre's homepage! Add emre to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance Nutter
........... I got nothing

quote:
Originally posted by emre
How can any track, where labelling it 'global dancefloor shredder' is a serious understatement, be overrated? If you haven't been able to experience it live you don't have any right of comment imo.

I have, twice, and from what I have seen it is overrated live. What occurs in the first video is very much a "Sasha effect". I can see its potential, but neither time did it have a destroying effect.

Its probably not worth creating a new post, but this is in response to below.
quote:
Originally posted by emre
If you haven't been able to experience it live you don't have any right of comment imo.

I have right to comment, by your own admission.

And just for the record, I actually like the track. A lot.

Last edited by Trance Nutter on Nov-29-2005 at 12:17

Old Post Nov-29-2005 12:03  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance Nutter Click here to Send Trance Nutter a Private Message Add Trance Nutter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
emre
S&D / 16BL

quote:
Originally posted by Trance Nutter
I have, twice, and from what I have seen it is overrated live. What occurs in the first video is very much a "Sasha effect". I can see its potential, but neither time did it have a destroying effect.

I've seen it multiple times now (can't be arsed to some up DJ names) and I reckon your experiences were affected by DJ and his placing, audience or venue/party atmosphere in general

Secondly, I'm amazed @ Bates and Picotto playing as it seems more of a track for progressive sets (personal opinion mind you, I know it's by a SHM member.) Also, the track can hardly be called 'fresh' by now as it's worldfamous already

Third point is that we're taking global effect here, not just the parties you attended

Old Post Nov-29-2005 12:12  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for emre Click here to Send emre a Private Message Visit emre's homepage! Add emre to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sndh
'dispels & contradicts'

quote:
Originally posted by Trance Nutter

please keep your hands off sasha, especially when ur talking to emmie. dont get yourself in trouble, go to your bed, lay under your blanket and start crying.

Talvekoidik / Saafi Brothers / Murmur / Burial / Near The Parenthesis

Old Post Nov-29-2005 12:19  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for sndh Click here to Send sndh a Private Message Add sndh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
emre
S&D / 16BL

quote:
Originally posted by sndh
please keep your hands off sasha, especially when ur talking to emmie. dont get yourself in trouble, go to your bed, lay under your blanket and start crying.

Hide mwuahuah

Old Post Nov-29-2005 12:31  Netherlands

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Pryda - Aftermath in action...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrance track heard in a set played by DJ Scot Project [2008] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAdam F - "Circles" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread