Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 134: Stolen Car Edition
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
planetaryplayer
surprime trainandict

i am a squatter. Papa Squat.

Old Post Nov-18-2017 16:46  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JEO
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Yeah, we should just form our own country and ignore you hillbillies

I trust you'll take care of little Åland if we proceed with the deal? And Åbo. And everything starting with an Å.

Old Post Nov-18-2017 16:51  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for JEO Click here to Send JEO a Private Message Add JEO to your buddy list JEO is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

quote:
Originally posted by JEO
I trust you'll take care of little Åland if we proceed with the deal? And Åbo. And everything starting with an Å.

We'll just sell Åland to the Swedes, that's where they want to be anyway.

Our summer cottage is in Turku so we'll take care of them, I guess.

In Search of Anything [Magnetism Digital]

Old Post Nov-18-2017 18:45  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Me? I'm getting emotionally ready to buy Komplete 11.

Wait, do you (even) produce (bro)? Why are you never in the production forum? Come on over!

quote:
Look, I know the stereo typical step parent assumptions that get made. And I have no doubt that some step parents deserve it. But, for all of those that are dicks just because they are/can be, there are those of us that genuinely try. I went from single and no responsibilities to married with 2 kids (by different fathers, mind you) in the space of 6 months, and have been married 14 years next month. From day one, those girls called me "daddy" and I called them "daughters". I have never once openly bashed or talked down about either of their dads in front of them. I've always, always tried to balance between treating the just like I would my own, yet stepping back, when necessary, to allow their biological fathers to be as active...or as inactive...as they chose to be. They chose the latter, and that is their loss. They missed out on some incredible stuff.

Tbh, you sound like a great Dad, prolly better than a lot of biological fathers I know.

With your Daughter, hire the best fucking lawyer you can, someone who knows the DA and Sheriff and get them to drop it or reduce that to something like a ticket or community service . Don't let some dumb shit she did when she was 16 put a permanent mark on her record or fuck her up further, meaning it'll pop up whenever there's a background search. She may need security clearance one day or have to work with a government agency and this like this can be an enduring cockblock.

we all did dumb shit at that age. I dodged several bullets like that when i was doing stupid stuff but I had friends who didn't get lucky, and one of them really fucked up his entire life all stemming from an event way less of a deal that what your daughter got up to.

the penal system here in the states doesn't turn people around, it messes them up more so keep her out of it if you can.

Old Post Nov-18-2017 18:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list DJ RANN is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Unicorn Cawk!

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Wait, do you (even) produce (bro)? Why are you never in the production forum? Come on over!

Tbh, you sound like a great Dad, prolly better than a lot of biological fathers I know.

With your Daughter, hire the best fucking lawyer you can, someone who knows the DA and Sheriff and get them to drop it or reduce that to something like a ticket or community service . Don't let some dumb shit she did when she was 16 put a permanent mark on her record or fuck her up further, meaning it'll pop up whenever there's a background search. She may need security clearance one day or have to work with a government agency and this like this can be an enduring cockblock.

we all did dumb shit at that age. I dodged several bullets like that when i was doing stupid stuff but I had friends who didn't get lucky, and one of them really fucked up his entire life all stemming from an event way less of a deal that what your daughter got up to.

the penal system here in the states doesn't turn people around, it messes them up more so keep her out of it if you can.

I know both the man likely to be the judge and the man over the juvenile proceedings. We spoke with the latter yesterday, and he is confident that the "theft over $1000" (a Class E felony, I think) will be changed to "joyriding". I don't want one incident to fuck up life, believe me. I love her, even though for she has put us through hell since the middle of May, making one poor choice after another, finally escalating to this. No one is a perfect teen. Hell, I wasn't a perfect teen. And, as I have told her many, many times...I do NOT expect HER to be a perfect teen. However, what I do expect is for her to exercise due diligence in decision making. She has been raised to know the difference between right and wrong. She KNOWS the difference between right and wrong. I'm not going into the details here, as many of them are VERY personal. But suffice to say, this latest incident is just the latest culmination in a series of poor/rebellious acts since the middle of May. And, through each one, we have stuck with her. The last thing I did last night was to walk into her room, hug her, and tell her that I do, in fact, love her and always will. FFS, she's my daughter (as much as she can be). Going back to the charges, I, too, don't want this to mark her for life. What I DO want, however, is for THIS to finally, finally get her full, undivided attention. Based on some of the stuff we've found her posting, this could have EASILY been a situation where she attempted the same while high and/or intoxicated...and maybe injured or killed someone. And, as I explained to her, THAT scenario would have her looking at years, maybe a quarter of her life, rather than just weeks or months. I will close by saying that if this incident does NOT get her full, undivided attention...then she has a potentially short, legal drama/pained filled life ahead of her. Something NONE of us want for her.

Finally, I didn't start this thread to be a debate/hate thread about biological parents vs. step parents. It just time for the usual "Friday" thread, and I had a crazy story to share, for a change. I understand the early assumption by Orangesto that it was just a stereotypical "oh, step dads/parents are just out to be dicks to their step kids because they're not really THEIR kids" scenario, but the truth is that is not even a remote possibility here. I would not have married their mother if I (and we) were not prepared to treat both girls as if they were mine.

Thanks for listening.

Old Post Nov-18-2017 19:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Zoso is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

You should drag her to Dr. Phil. Get her on national television and embarrass the shit out of her, lol.

Old Post Nov-18-2017 20:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Really? I always thought it was the norm.

I moved out of my parents' house aged 24 and, by Brazilian standards, it was way too early, as I was still single and living in Brasília. Unless you're getting married or moving to another city, there's no reason whatsoever you should move out for most Brazilians. I only did it because I wanted go to raves undisturbed

Let me put it this way - age 18 is a monumental time for young adults in America. They are now able to buy cigarettes (not beer though!), fight for their country, and vote. It's also around that time which they finish high school and are either going to college or entering the work force. If they go to college out of state, they will certainly be moving out. If the parents are poor and can't afford to keep an adult living in the house, they will force them to move out. But most other scenarios involve the young adult staying at home and either working, going to college locally, or doing neither. I've got a few friends in their mid/late 20's who still live with their parents, and their parents have allowed them to take their time moving out.

I went to University locally but stayed in a dorm in my freshman year to get the "college experience", which I don't regret. I moved back home with my parents in my sophomore year, and then left again, only to return for one more year while I was in grad school. From what I've gathered from some Middle Eastern friends, it's part of their culture to live with their parents until their late 20's or early 30's, even after marriage. Perhaps independence is ingrained into American's heads at young ages, and that is definitely a cultural imprint.

Set Archive

Old Post Nov-18-2017 20:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Unicorn Cawk!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
You should drag her to Dr. Phil. Get her on national television and embarrass the shit out of her, lol.

"Cash" me outside, yo.

Old Post Nov-18-2017 21:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Zoso is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Just finished watching American Made, cool movie.
Finally a YT stream @25 Years Bonzai that works, Airwave is doing an awesome set
https://www.facebook.com/bonzaiprog...50918964579975/

Jerom's Remix for Ferry Corsten's remix contest:
Ferry Corsten featuring Clairity - Reanimate (Anoikis vs. Jerom Remix), click here

Old Post Nov-18-2017 23:07  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Trance-M is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Unicorn Cawk!

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Just finished watching American Made, cool movie.
Finally a YT stream @25 Years Bonzai that works, Airwave is doing an awesome set
https://www.facebook.com/bonzaiprog...50918964579975/

I'm probably going to pick up both American Made and American Assassin when they hit Blu-ray. I think American Made had consistently better reviews, of the two.

Old Post Nov-18-2017 23:11  United States
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

American Assassin is still on my to watch list

Jerom's Remix for Ferry Corsten's remix contest:
Ferry Corsten featuring Clairity - Reanimate (Anoikis vs. Jerom Remix), click here

Old Post Nov-18-2017 23:17  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Trance-M is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I know both the man likely to be the judge and the man over the juvenile proceedings. We spoke with the latter yesterday, and he is confident that the "theft over $1000" (a Class E felony, I think) will be changed to "joyriding". I don't want one incident to fuck up life, believe me. I love her, even though for she has put us through hell since the middle of May, making one poor choice after another, finally escalating to this. No one is a perfect teen. Hell, I wasn't a perfect teen. And, as I have told her many, many times...I do NOT expect HER to be a perfect teen. However, what I do expect is for her to exercise due diligence in decision making. She has been raised to know the difference between right and wrong. She KNOWS the difference between right and wrong. I'm not going into the details here, as many of them are VERY personal. But suffice to say, this latest incident is just the latest culmination in a series of poor/rebellious acts since the middle of May. And, through each one, we have stuck with her. The last thing I did last night was to walk into her room, hug her, and tell her that I do, in fact, love her and always will. FFS, she's my daughter (as much as she can be). Going back to the charges, I, too, don't want this to mark her for life. What I DO want, however, is for THIS to finally, finally get her full, undivided attention. Based on some of the stuff we've found her posting, this could have EASILY been a situation where she attempted the same while high and/or intoxicated...and maybe injured or killed someone. And, as I explained to her, THAT scenario would have her looking at years, maybe a quarter of her life, rather than just weeks or months. I will close by saying that if this incident does NOT get her full, undivided attention...then she has a potentially short, legal drama/pained filled life ahead of her. Something NONE of us want for her.

Finally, I didn't start this thread to be a debate/hate thread about biological parents vs. step parents. It just time for the usual "Friday" thread, and I had a crazy story to share, for a change. I understand the early assumption by Orangesto that it was just a stereotypical "oh, step dads/parents are just out to be dicks to their step kids because they're not really THEIR kids" scenario, but the truth is that is not even a remote possibility here. I would not have married their mother if I (and we) were not prepared to treat both girls as if they were mine.

Thanks for listening.

You're doing all the right stuff both in talking to her and regarding the legal situation.

If you can get it talked down to a joyride, that's only misdemeanor and thankfully it would be in Juvi court where you can actually get it deferred pending a term served at home or community service, and upon completion it gets dismissed if she's been good etc. It basically means there's no record on her file going forward.

I know this is going to sound so fucking lame but get her to write a letter to the sheriff and/or judge begging for forgiveness and why she acted out. Go in to details. That shit works, I promise you, and can be the difference between her doing serious time and her just being grounded at home for a couple of months or picking up trash for a few weekends. It'll also make her think about what she actually did and has a better chance of sinking in. Parents can tell their kids things all the time but some of it only sinks in when the kid says it out loud.

Good luck, I hope you figure it out.

Old Post Nov-19-2017 00:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list DJ RANN is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 134: Stolen Car Edition
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread