Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Dank
Pages (23): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm trying to imagine in which specific circle of the Internet that kind of trolling would cause damage, Woony.

> The Sunset Session [Everything]
> Live @ Repose 001 12.02.17 [Ambient Electronica]
> Things I Can't Understand [Melodic]

Old Post Sep-12-2017 19:19  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'm trying to imagine in which specific circle of the Internet that kind of trolling would cause damage, Woony.

The analytic/continental split is still very real and there's a huge divide in culture that continous to cause countless butthurt. I follow some of these kind of meme pages on FB and every time something like the last image is posted, american defenders of science and logic appear to remind everyone that all of continental philosophy is nonsense and postmodernism has caused the downfall of western civilization. Posting the last one on /r/philosophy or any kind of atheism/sceptic site would be great.

Old Post Sep-12-2017 19:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

quote:
Originally posted by Woony

As much as I know this is a parody, Chomskyian linguistics is bad science, and I say this as someone who's just finished a PhD under a Chomskyian advisor. The things you can get away with is just amazing

(And, no matter how much I heart Feyerabend's epistemological anarchism, I'm fully aware this can often lead to undesirable consequences, such as accepting *gulp* Chomskyian linguistics )

Old Post Sep-12-2017 19:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

I dont know what you guys are talking about, that diagram is near perfect. Thanks comrade woony.

december
une promenade dans le parc
nancy

Old Post Sep-12-2017 21:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
I dont know what you guys are talking about, that diagram is near perfect.

We're waffling on and on about the "near" in that sentence. But, yeah, it's pretty spot on #СкавурскаТоварищ!

Old Post Sep-12-2017 22:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

What the hell is OOO though?

december
nancy

Old Post Sep-12-2017 23:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
As much as I know this is a parody, Chomskyian linguistics is bad science, and I say this as someone who's just finished a PhD under a Chomskyian advisor. The things you can get away with is just amazing

I know very little about linguistics except some of the basics of structuralism, is Chomskyian linguistics = universal grammar?

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
What the hell is OOO though?

Object Oriented Ontology. Along with speculative realism it's one of the newer trends in continental philosophy. It's very academic but pretty interesting IMO. As far as I unterstand it, it's trying to question the dominance of the human/world ie. subejct-obejct relationship that has dominated modern philosophy since Kant's trancendental philosophy by formulating a theory in which inter-object relationships are emancipated. More orthodox Marxists tend to not like it for obvious reasons since they feel like it's trying to legitimize the abandonment of the revolutionary subject. If you are interested, there is a very informative and entertaining talk between Zizek and Graham Harman (the main OOO guy).

Last edited by Woony on Sep-13-2017 at 11:52

Old Post Sep-13-2017 11:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

I'll check it out, I'm definitely a fan of Zizek's style so it should fun.

december
nancy

Old Post Sep-13-2017 12:06  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Woony

Lol, I love that they put Geometry in the grey area.

Old Post Sep-13-2017 17:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Lol, I love that they put Geometry in the grey area.

The meme itself seems to fall into that grey, neither really making sense or being funny.

Old Post Sep-13-2017 17:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Jon_Snow Click here to Send Jon_Snow a Private Message Add Jon_Snow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Lira

He also had the nerve to slander modern corpus-based linguistics as unscientific, for the capital crime of observing real data to help draw conclusions.

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_Snow
The meme itself seems to fall into that grey, neither really making sense or being funny.

IGK has never heard of Saussure, Lacan or Lysenko, therefore in-jokes about them can't possibly make sense.

Old Post Sep-13-2017 17:40  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

EDIT: Seems IGK's crippling intellectual insecurity overwhelmed him and he deleted the post. Oh well.

Old Post Sep-13-2017 18:06  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Dank
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (23): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread