Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Vegas is the new Ibiza according to the NYTimes
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Greggy4202k
Supreme tranceaddict

Vegas is the new Ibiza according to the NYTimes

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/08/a...y-shift.html?hp

Old Post Apr-08-2013 09:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Greggy4202k Click here to Send Greggy4202k a Private Message Add Greggy4202k to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ViciousPanda
Supreme tranceaddict

NY Times always late to the party... Of course it is, one has to be blind. I mean I've never been to Ibiza but when you look at it, read about it, the connection, the similarities... It's obvious

and Vegas has the most beautiful beaches next to Ibiza

edit: After reading the article, I think this may be the best thing that could happen to Ibiza. Move the commercial crap out and bring the talent in.

I also urge the Urdells to come check out Pacha NYC when a big act is on and talk to me about this little comment "it’s bodies squeezed together".

Last edited by ViciousPanda on Apr-08-2013 at 12:05

Old Post Apr-08-2013 11:39  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for ViciousPanda Click here to Send ViciousPanda a Private Message Add ViciousPanda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special K
_

quote:
Originally posted by ViciousPanda

Lol what!?

Anyways, all Vegas is and probably ever will be is the cheesey dance capital of the world. And on that note, who cares about Vegas.

Meh.

Old Post Apr-08-2013 13:04  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Special K Click here to Send Special K a Private Message Add Special K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
NY Times always late to the party... Of course it is, one has to be blind. I mean I've never been to Ibiza but when you look at it, read about it, the connection, the similarities... It's obvious

edit: After reading the article, I think this may be the best thing that could happen to Ibiza. Move the commercial crap out and bring the talent in.

I also urge the Urdells to come check out Pacha NYC when a big act is on and talk to me about this little comment "it’s bodies squeezed together".

nope...not even close

hierbas ibicencas nothing like it in the states

and ditto on the lulzwut on beaches

Old Post Apr-08-2013 13:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

Ummmmm NO

Old Post Apr-08-2013 13:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

real fans dont take opinion from the ny times when it comes to clubbing lol

Old Post Apr-08-2013 14:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

I think you missed the point of the article. It's not saying Vegas is the new Ibiza. It's saying Vegas is the new Ibiza for some big name DJs who demand absurd booking fees. It also suggest Ibiza returning to its roots (at least for Pacha, everywhere else is already at its roots) and rejecting the headliner DJ arms race/time bomb.

Vegas embracing EDM is probably the best thing that's happened to Ibiza.

Vegas will never be Ibiza, apples to oranges IMO

Old Post Apr-08-2013 14:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ViciousPanda
Supreme tranceaddict

man, sarcasm is hard to detect on the internetz, lolers.. When I said vegas and beaches I thought it would make it clearer

Old Post Apr-08-2013 14:30  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for ViciousPanda Click here to Send ViciousPanda a Private Message Add ViciousPanda to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ViciousPanda
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Vegas embracing EDM is probably the best thing that's happened to Ibiza.

That's what I said after my sarcastic comment, wasn't it?

and yeah I did get the point of the article, I just didn't feel like talking about it in depth at 7am

Old Post Apr-08-2013 14:34  Poland
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
That's what I said after my sarcastic comment, wasn't it?

and yeah I did get the point of the article, I just didn't feel like talking about it in depth at 7am

I picked up your sarcasm. I was just responding to the OP

Old Post Apr-08-2013 17:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ViciousPanda
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
I picked up your sarcasm. I was just responding to the OP

my bad then

Old Post Apr-08-2013 19:28  Poland
Pantone199c
such wmc. much dance.

There's Ibiza (Spain)and then there's Cheesebiza (Las Vegas).

You can defend them all you want, in fact I admire you for doing so, but don't you find it a little suspect that whenever these characters change their style and sound - it's always a "coincidence" they select whatever sound happens to be "popular" that month? - John Askew

A lot of artists today are just victims, not having control, and they're not free. And that's pathetic. If you start being dependent on money, then money has to reach a point to fit your expenses. - Thomas Bangalter

Old Post Apr-08-2013 19:35  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for Pantone199c Click here to Send Pantone199c a Private Message Add Pantone199c to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Vegas is the new Ibiza according to the NYTimes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackgreat trance tune [2005] [6]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBlack Atlantic - "No Need To Hide" (Dub Mix) [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread