Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Any fans of the Olympics?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
The US has been SLOPPY on the 4x100 in recent years. I feel like they fuck up at every big showcase. They were disqualified for passing the baton outside of the zones. I mean, how does that happen. It's one thing to drop a baton but pass outside of the zone? C'mon US. The US needs more talent on the mens side of 100 and 200 meter sprinting.

What events did you run when you were younger?

Sloppy is a great word for the teams we've run in recent years. I mean really...you tape your marks and practice to which you can change the mark if nec.

I ran lead off in 41. Had a great start and was good on turns. I'm short (5'5") so I got eaten up by 90 meters. Open 400 and 4400. High school and 2 years of college. Ended up playing lacrosse for 4 years in college...way more fun than track.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Jul-29-2017 17:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by bstorm
Sloppy is a great word for the teams we've run in recent years. I mean really...you tape your marks and practice to which you can change the mark if nec.

I ran lead off in 41. Had a great start and was good on turns. I'm short (5'5") so I got eaten up by 90 meters. Open 400 and 4400. High school and 2 years of college. Ended up playing lacrosse for 4 years in college...way more fun than track.

NICEEEE!! I ran lead off on our 4x100 team too. I had fast starts but was always sloppy out of the blocks. If I had put more practice in exploding out of the blocks, I think I and our team could have been a lot better. Also ran the 4x200 relay on the special occasion. Long jump, triple jump and even pole vault my senior year (I sucked but we were missing out on team points so I volunteered to learn it).

I stayed away from anything related the 400m (or more). Just kicked my ASS yo! It takes a talented person to run that event.

Old Post Jul-31-2017 16:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

WOW!

So a deal has been done to give LA the 2028 games, and instead of the $1.2bn it was offering, the OIC is rumored to be giving LA $2bn now...

Old Post Aug-01-2017 00:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
WOW!

So a deal has been done to give LA the 2028 games, and instead of the $1.2bn it was offering, the OIC is rumored to be giving LA $2bn now...

Holy Shit!!! 2028 BABYYYY!!! This is going to be fucking awesome!

Old Post Aug-01-2017 16:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
NICEEEE!! I ran lead off on our 4x100 team too. I had fast starts but was always sloppy out of the blocks. If I had put more practice in exploding out of the blocks, I think I and our team could have been a lot better. Also ran the 4x200 relay on the special occasion. Long jump, triple jump and even pole vault my senior year (I sucked but we were missing out on team points so I volunteered to learn it).

I stayed away from anything related the 400m (or more). Just kicked my ASS yo! It takes a talented person to run that event.

...sorry for the long delay in response.

So, that is awesome that we ran the same thing! 4x200 was a good time too, but a strange race.

We should do TA Relays...though it would be hilarious now and probably consist of things other than running.

Super excited for Gatlin after all those years behind Bolt. Feel terrible though for the way Bolt's championships went. Still, best of all time.

Don't run much any more, as my knees are shot from 20+ years of dancing, so now yoga 5x week...and dancing (with braces on the knees under the jeans.) LOL!

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Aug-19-2017 22:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Holy Shit!!! 2028 BABYYYY!!! This is going to be fucking awesome!

Now fully confirmed: The IOC just announced Paris officially gets the 2024 games for it's 100th anniversary there, and LA gets 2028.

Old Post Sep-13-2017 17:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Now fully confirmed: The IOC just announced Paris officially gets the 2024 games for it's 100th anniversary there, and LA gets 2028.

I'll take it! Really excited for both of these Olympics. I think Paris deserves to have 2024. I will be great for that city considering all that's happened with them in the past few years.

Old Post Sep-13-2017 18:46  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Any fans of the Olympics?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread