Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Any fans of the Olympics?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)
Any fans of the Olympics?

I'm a HUGE fan of the Olympics. I watch anything and everything I can. Very excited to know that either the 2024 or 2028 games will be held in Los Angeles. Hoping for 2028 as traffic would be too insane for anything earlier.

Old Post Jul-12-2017 19:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

But apparently, Garcetti said he wouldn't support 2028 so it's basically become an all or nothing for 2024?

I would love for it to happen, and you can bet Stan Kroenke is throwing serious weight behind it to make sure his shiny new stadiums and hotels get a nice christening.

Old Post Jul-12-2017 21:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

Paris is threatening the same. 2024 or nothing. They want to host exactly 100 years after they hosted the 1924 Olympics.

Old Post Jul-13-2017 03:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't see it happening here in LA for 2024. Would love to but I see but I think Paris would be appropriate for 2024 instead of LA. I feel like they "need" it more than we do. I remember Athens was trying to host in 1996 (held in Atlanta) to honor the 100th year of the first modern Olympics. They ended up hosting in 2004. Pretty much blew Tiesto into the stratosphere that year.

Old Post Jul-13-2017 17:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

new events added for 2020:

bowling, karate, roller sports, sport climbing, squash, surfing, and wushu.

As mentioned above, I love the Olympics but can't stand that certain sports are part of it. Ping Pong, Badminton and now bowling.

Old Post Jul-13-2017 17:38  United States
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Crazy to think that the Olympics has been through 2 world wars and has been around so long.

Not many things last this long lol

Old Post Jul-13-2017 20:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Crazy to think that the Olympics has been through 2 world wars and has been around so long.

Not many things last this long lol

yeah... Just think how long the ancient games went on for. I believe they 776BC - 426AD (source = Wiki yo)

Old Post Jul-14-2017 18:55  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
new events added for 2020:

bowling, karate, roller sports, sport climbing, squash, surfing, and wushu.

As mentioned above, I love the Olympics but can't stand that certain sports are part of it. Ping Pong, Badminton and now bowling.

Ping Pong, yes. Badminton, Yes. Bowling? Fuck no.

I don't think sports like climbing, surfing and Wushu are really Olympic sports. They're not "contest" sports in their essence and it seems weird to see them. Probably won't last though.

Old Post Jul-15-2017 19:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bstorm
Supreme tranceaddict

Love the Olympics...summer and winter.

Always enjoy new events too. As a former sprinter and current skier, I have my favs but love watching events that don't get airtime during non Olympic years like trampoline.

Will be watching the world chamionships in track and field next month. Hopefully bolt stays healthy and competes at a high level. USA better not drop the stick in the 4x100....again.

"In 1987 I was dancing at a discotech and people kept coming up to me and sayin' 'What is this shit?' I said it's house music, baby. They said it'll never last. Well, I'm here to tell you its now the 21st century and house music is still kickin." - Unknown

Old Post Jul-22-2017 15:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bstorm Click here to Send bstorm a Private Message Add bstorm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Skiers unite!

I actually love the more random sports in the olympics but the coverage here in the USA is sometimes dreadful. They only really show the major events that the US do well in, so I have to scrabble around for online feeds of the less mainstream stuff.

Bolt is still going to be healthy - his killed it in last event on home turf, and still won in Monaco yesterday (although only just). I think he'll do it at the world championships as it's his last major.

Old Post Jul-23-2017 17:10 
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by bstorm
Love the Olympics...summer and winter.

Always enjoy new events too. As a former sprinter and current skier, I have my favs but love watching events that don't get airtime during non Olympic years like trampoline.

Will be watching the world chamionships in track and field next month. Hopefully bolt stays healthy and competes at a high level. USA better not drop the stick in the 4x100....again.

The US has been SLOPPY on the 4x100 in recent years. I feel like they fuck up at every big showcase. They were disqualified for passing the baton outside of the zones. I mean, how does that happen. It's one thing to drop a baton but pass outside of the zone? C'mon US. The US needs more talent on the mens side of 100 and 200 meter sprinting.

What events did you run when you were younger?

Old Post Jul-24-2017 15:39  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Skiers unite!

I actually love the more random sports in the olympics but the coverage here in the USA is sometimes dreadful. They only really show the major events that the US do well in, so I have to scrabble around for online feeds of the less mainstream stuff.

Bolt is still going to be healthy - his killed it in last event on home turf, and still won in Monaco yesterday (although only just). I think he'll do it at the world championships as it's his last major.

I agree. There needs to be more coverage of the different sports. This could really benefit a lot of the youth out there. Maybe some kid can't run track but he can play handball or ping pong (shivers at the thought of ping pong being an olympic sport). The US is is so focused on the main sports that that's all the kids think they can do.

Old Post Jul-24-2017 15:42  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Any fans of the Olympics?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread