Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Bpm 2017
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

Sad to be leaving early this year... 7 days was not enough, great vibe, friendly people and everyone generally having a great time and not giving a shit. Love this place! Didn't want to leave

Gorgon City Kingdom party at the blue parrot was fantastic. They played for 3 hours, then headed to the beach for a surprise 5 hour -Gorgon City b2b Soloardo sunrise set.

Got 4 hours of sleep then hit the Toolroom beach party at the Wah Wah which was bonkers.

Cox Intec party was fantastic as well, as well as the Solomun Techno Taco's party. Place was packed, thousands of people in the streets at a different Taco shop right off 5h street.

Went: party day-chill day-party day-chill day this year vs all party non stop. Got more sleep and don't feel as shitty leaving, but missed some stuff. Gonna need to go for 11 days in 2018

Last edited by MR STROKE on Jan-15-2017 at 05:57

Old Post Jan-13-2017 01:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

It's a sad sad day. I have friends that were there and saw it go down, they are still in shock.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...c-festival.html

Old Post Jan-16-2017 14:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

Looks like it was Cartel (I initially assumed ISIS/Terrorism)

Insane to think I was off my head at that club several days ago.

Absolutely horrible

Old Post Jan-16-2017 17:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

really curious what happens to the BPM festival (and Play del Carmen night life) going forward?

Old Post Jan-16-2017 17:54  United States
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Nothing will change.

Next years BPM will be even bigger then this years party.

Maybe prices will drop in order to bring in people down again? Maybe some other changes? Security will obviously tighten up, but the party will still go on.

Old Post Jan-16-2017 21:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm not sure nothing will change.

You had the land seizures late last year (and don't forget it's the expensive hotels up until now that have kept the area safe) and now BPM gets hit. It's already shady enough in places without the threat of terrorism and gangland clashes,

There's plenty of places in the world that don't have cartel threats so unless BPM get a handle on it (i.e pay the cartels) then it could be bad news for the long term of BPM.

Old Post Jan-16-2017 21:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
I'm not sure nothing will change.

You had the land seizures late last year (and don't forget it's the expensive hotels up until now that have kept the area safe) and now BPM gets hit. It's already shady enough in places without the threat of terrorism and gangland clashes,

There's plenty of places in the world that don't have cartel threats so unless BPM get a handle on it (i.e pay the cartels) then it could be bad news for the long term of BPM.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised to see them focus on BPM Brazil/Portugal going forward(if BPM 2018 tanks)

I have to imagine this will hurt Playa Del Carmen tourism for a while, anecdotally my wife is terrified of ever going back now :\

Old Post Jan-16-2017 21:12  United States
DjWoody
Chingon

It really bothers me what happened and at first I thought the very same thing. But TBH, I don't think it's going to hurt BPM much. I think it will only make it stronger. Why? One simple reason, Security staff died trying to keep clubbers safe. People won't forget that and the deceased staff will probably be remembered as heroes. I keep reading nothing but support for BPM. Hopefully I'm wrong, because I would hate for Mexico to loose such an amazing event.

Outside of BPM, there's a lot more to PDC. Most people don't even go for the clubs, like they do during BPM. I don't think general tourism will get hurt just like people didn't stop going to Disney World after the Orlando shootings.

Last edited by DjWoody on Jan-16-2017 at 23:38

Old Post Jan-16-2017 23:08  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for DjWoody Click here to Send DjWoody a Private Message Visit DjWoody's homepage! Add DjWoody to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

So I guess what happen was...

Either the cartel or the local feds or police came to collect money that was "owed" to them from the festival. Obviously they didn't get what they wanted or someone didn't want to pay and shots rang out to end the party.

Who actually did it is kinda fuzzy, some witnesses said it was police/feds/government but everyone right now is trying to blame the cartel/drug deals down there. Reality is, the government and the organized crime go hand to hand. So it doesn't really matter who did it, the statement was made.

Old Post Jan-17-2017 03:51  United States
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

heard from a very good source, BPM festival 2018 will take place in Puerto Rico in Jan this year. Announcement to come in 2 weeks following BPM Portugal

Old Post Sep-05-2017 17:51  United States
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
heard from a very good source, BPM festival 2018 will take place in Puerto Rico in Jan this year. Announcement to come in 2 weeks following BPM Portugal

I wonder if the recent Hurricanes will have an effect.

Old Post Sep-24-2017 09:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

Ive heard Puerto Rico is dead. My guess they will keep it in Portugal(in Sept) from now on

Old Post Sep-25-2017 08:36  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Bpm 2017
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread