Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > ::Colorado Events Thread::
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
omega1n
Coldharbour Addict

BTW, here's the layout for those interested.

Hey Yaniv, is there something wrong in how the stages are set up? Should they move stages inside? Should... Complain...

Old Post Jun-10-2010 19:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for omega1n Click here to Send omega1n a Private Message Add omega1n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

I didnt promote for polygamy. i did the paperwork booking - and i only promoted the artists they had coming in that i enjoyed - like tyas. never said their shows are good - hell the only one i saw real investment in was the first one night stand - which i had a hand in helping with (no hand in the others).

And dude im not complaining it isnt my interest of artists. And no i dont listen to only trance - hell i dont like 90 percent of it. Its the severe lack of production. I am buddies with a few others who i wont name or worked in some way with them, and production is the last thing on their mind - and they will say so. the way it works in colorado is artist pushing and recognition. basically, make someone who isnt all that great a big name. book them repeatedlty and the name spreads around. word of mouth will make that artist good. And therefore you dont pay much and yet people show up. another is the scene isnt as strong. so bringing in the smaller names doesnt attract. so you need to almost create one of the cheaper djs to be big or keep bringing the same big djs over and over again. Sure the crowd isnt there like other locations, but i HAVE seen the spreadsheets for a few events outside polygamy and the goal is book the artist and do a quick production last minute detail. thats it. thats the issue. when you have EDC and LoveFest in colorado, to those of us who have been to the real ones, its like a colorado event stealing the name. The actual event is nowhere to be seen. And YES, people DO think the event might be on the same level. people think artists might not be stacked in all genres like LA or Vegas, but therefore they assume the rest goes into production, location, etc. Thats the problem. Sure im glad they show up, but my point here is id rather see Brad organize it under his own event name and make it a local event - garner the same name GDF has. Have that same lineup but colorado only and a different name - then i wont have an issue. i might not go for not liking the lineup, but it will be a colorado massive event attempt (which is expected to be much less then LA or Vegas) and not one of another state that go all out on production and location.

Its like if ID&T toured. The massive lineup wont be the same, but you KNOW the production of ID&T will be there with them. Thats my point.

ANYWAYS, for those like i mentioned who have never been to EDC CO or might want to do LoveFest CO, they are not the same as in LA or LV. If you dont live in CO and are considering attending a massive, id invest more on the trip to Cali or NV for the real deal.

Old Post Jun-10-2010 22:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hakudoshi
Supreme tranceaddict

i second the lineup for love festival. i was expecting at least something a tad mediocre.

Old Post Jun-11-2010 06:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for hakudoshi Click here to Send hakudoshi a Private Message Add hakudoshi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

quote:
Originally posted by mimikish
i second the lineup for love festival. i was expecting at least something a tad mediocre.

see - we were expecting something cause of the name. and we expect production but DONT haha. We just need to think of it like I said, as simply the name coming in to colorado for a same level of production as colorado events and mediocre talent lineups/stages. If the name wasnt the same, this event might appear as it really is - mediocre but with no complaints of expectations.

Last edited by element-y on Jun-11-2010 at 18:07

Old Post Jun-11-2010 17:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for element-y Click here to Send element-y a Private Message Add element-y to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mpjohnston
tranceaddict

I was suspecting the lower line up and assumed the production to be good. Seeing these festival names dropped time and time again all around the world I know what the line up would be from the get go.... just not the same... go to the source for the real thing.

Old Post Jun-11-2010 17:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mpjohnston Click here to Send mpjohnston a Private Message Visit mpjohnston's homepage! Add mpjohnston to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Currently Denver events are posted in the Texas & S. Central USA Event Listings forum.

Given it's location geographically I figure it makes more sense there but I guess that depends on how many Cali/West Coast people actually make the trip out to Colorado for events? Should I have CO events as part of the Cali/Vegas event forum?

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jun-17-2010 19:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mpjohnston
tranceaddict

Chemical Brothers fillmore sept 1st....wish it were red rocks....

Old Post Jun-21-2010 03:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mpjohnston Click here to Send mpjohnston a Private Message Visit mpjohnston's homepage! Add mpjohnston to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hakudoshi
Supreme tranceaddict

where'd everyone go? this thread is dying!

Old Post Jul-21-2010 17:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for hakudoshi Click here to Send hakudoshi a Private Message Add hakudoshi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
omega1n
Coldharbour Addict

Maybe I should stop updating the dates so we can get this thread alive with requests to keep dates updated.

Old Post Jul-22-2010 20:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for omega1n Click here to Send omega1n a Private Message Add omega1n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
element-y
!Shakawkaw!

haha i think the post about moving colorado to the other location lost some people. lets just keep it in west coast.

Old Post Jul-23-2010 02:36  United States
omega1n
Coldharbour Addict

^^What he said^^

Old Post Jul-23-2010 14:32  United States
mpjohnston
tranceaddict

Just got done updating the bus calendar when saw 2 days of deadmau5 announced for the fillmore 10/6 and 10/7
Not trance but also liked
VibeSquaD @ gothic 10/30
AnaSia,Kraddy,Eliot Lipp @ Bluebird 10/16
Bass Invasion w/Caspa @ Cervantes 9/17
Gorillaz @ TDB in Denver 10/24
Pretty Lights after party (sexytime, michal menert, blockhead) @ Boulder theatre 8/7

Deadmau5 shows will make #14 and 15 for me.... so glad I finally got to see the new stage set up at global...

Old Post Jul-27-2010 23:57  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > ::Colorado Events Thread::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread