Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Pictures of your Home studio
Pages (333): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sirocco
Parametric Surgeon



Registered: Jan 2003
Location: The Seventh City (New Jersey)

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Superman - How do you like the JP-8080? I want to get one, but I hear mixed reviews.


if u like the big rank 1 lead in airwave and the 303 ish baslines but not 303 exactly get the 8080 rack


___________________

Top 5:
1. R-Tem - Voiceless
2. New Order - Jetstream (Tom Neville Remix)
3. Pillow One - Ministry Of Love
4. Pulser - Point of Impact (Mike Koglin Remix)
5. Armin Van Buuren - Shivers (Christian Webber Mix)

Old Post Oct-06-2003 16:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sirocco Click here to Send Sirocco a Private Message Visit Sirocco's homepage! Add Sirocco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!



Registered: Oct 2002
Location: Miles away from ordinary...

quote:
Originally posted by Etherium
Cyn

Seems like you have careful speaker placement and isolation, why don't you take it one step further and get some Auralex, you can get it cheap on Ebay. Since I see you're toeing in the speakers, I know that you care about accuracy, and it isn't as accurate without treating the room. Just my suggestion, I realize that it isn't always easy to afford all of these things. Trying to help.



Etherium - yup... I was actually waiting for someone to say "Waidaminute! Where is acoustic treatment???" - well, this is my new setup, so the picture you see is actually "work in progress". I had installed some bass traps (not in pict) and still have some tooling to do to get the sound just right. My last room was completely "dead" because I overkilled with foam. I'm actually considering doing a complete acoustic treatment in this room, with raised floor and everyting - it's just a very time consuming procedure and will probably cost me an arm and a leg... Ideas are welcome though,


___________________
Proud member of the "Filthy Zionist" coalition

Old Post Oct-06-2003 18:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!



Registered: Oct 2002
Location: Miles away from ordinary...

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Superman - How do you like the JP-8080? I want to get one, but I hear mixed reviews.



Hmm... I am most definitely in love with this synth. I was a bit turned off by only a 10 voice poly but after I started tweaking it and mucking around with it I just fell in love. I definitely has a personality you cannot mistake. Some of the sounds just sound so lush and fat you can't help but smile . Some sounds are "bleh" but then you have plenty of knobs to help you change that. The only gripe I have with the unit is that I get a some stuttering when I use some effects. My other gripe is that Roland is probably one of the only companies that does not provide firmware and OS updates for most of it's synths on web, not even mentioning no manuals in PDF - you got to pay! But this one is easy to figure out, I didn't need a manual. Plus tons of websites devoted to JP.

My favorite synths for the moment are Access Virus and JD800 though... I hear them everywhere in Armin's album - 76. Almost every track has some JD or AV in it.


___________________
Proud member of the "Filthy Zionist" coalition

Old Post Oct-06-2003 19:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!



Registered: Oct 2002
Location: Miles away from ordinary...

quote:
Originally posted by DjAviander
frykshun and CynepMeH:

DAAAMN Am I jealous or what?!
I just have a Computer a sucky Keboard and a sucky program!
How good can you guys be to afford all your stuff?!


DJAviander, you don't need all this gear to make a great track... It helps but the ideas and your ability to use what's on hand is what makes or breaks the song. Overcompensating with gear for tallent and creativity will not help you make a killer track. Sure, it would help to have bulldozers, cranes, cement mixers, and bunch of other crap - but people (or beings )who built pyramids did without it.

Some software today surpasses hardware. Good example - Propellerheads Reason, Native Instruments Kontakt, and Bomb Factory compressors/amps/etc. Besides, if you could learn to work with software such as Reason - the actual hardware would be 10x easier to work with.

But it sure is cool when you could just turn them all at once and just start playing.... WwooooOOOOOOooooowW


___________________
Proud member of the "Filthy Zionist" coalition

Old Post Oct-06-2003 19:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjAviander
Simply Addicted



Registered: Sep 2003
Location: New York, NY

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
DJAviander, you don't need all this gear to make a great track... It helps but the ideas and your ability to use what's on hand is what makes or breaks the song. Overcompensating with gear for tallent and creativity will not help you make a killer track. Sure, it would help to have bulldozers, cranes, cement mixers, and bunch of other crap - but people (or beings )who built pyramids did without it.

Some software today surpasses hardware. Good example - Propellerheads Reason, Native Instruments Kontakt, and Bomb Factory compressors/amps/etc. Besides, if you could learn to work with software such as Reason - the actual hardware would be 10x easier to work with.

But it sure is cool when you could just turn them all at once and just start playing.... WwooooOOOOOOooooowW


Yes, I know what you mean, but when my keyboard is so crappy that it doesn't work?
And the only Mixing softwares I got is Dance eJay 1, 2, 3, Techno and Ejay DJ Mixstation.

It would sure be alot easier with some turntables and some keyboards that WORK..

I have now downloaded Reason and Fruityloops, will try them tonight!


___________________
"If only the good die young, I must be really bad 'cause I intend to live forever!"


Sig shmig, who reads these stupid things anyway?

Old Post Oct-06-2003 19:29  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for DjAviander Click here to Send DjAviander a Private Message Add DjAviander to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!



Registered: Oct 2002
Location: Miles away from ordinary...

quote:
Originally posted by DjAviander
Yes, I know what you mean, but when my keyboard is so crappy that it doesn't work?
And the only Mixing softwares I got is Dance eJay 1, 2, 3, Techno and Ejay DJ Mixstation.

It would sure be alot easier with some turntables and some keyboards that WORK..

I have now downloaded Reason and Fruityloops, will try them tonight!


Necessity fuels creativity BTW, you could pick up a decent start synth for around $200 on ebay. Just check out Juno 60.. classic!


___________________
Proud member of the "Filthy Zionist" coalition

Old Post Oct-06-2003 20:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Apr 2003
Location: San Siro [NYTA #3]

Which synth has alittle more "weight/spice" to it:

Nord Lead 3 or Roland JP-8080 - In the long run ill probably end up with both of these synth modules anyway.

I also heard that the Supernova II is alittle thin with synths, how do you like it? I wanted to get the Supernova keyboard layout eventually, but I didnt hear many good things.


___________________
/SARCASM.

quote:
Originally posted by Coup
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Oct-06-2003 22:25  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vlad Click here to Send Vlad a Private Message Add Vlad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sirocco
Parametric Surgeon



Registered: Jan 2003
Location: The Seventh City (New Jersey)

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Which synth has alittle more "weight/spice" to it:

Nord Lead 3 or Roland JP-8080 - In the long run ill probably end up with both of these synth modules anyway.

I also heard that the Supernova II is alittle thin with synths, how do you like it? I wanted to get the Supernova keyboard layout eventually, but I didnt hear many good things.


supernova is ideal for strings and pads...if u like the rank 1 traditional type airwave lead the jp8080 posseses that thickness.


___________________

Top 5:
1. R-Tem - Voiceless
2. New Order - Jetstream (Tom Neville Remix)
3. Pillow One - Ministry Of Love
4. Pulser - Point of Impact (Mike Koglin Remix)
5. Armin Van Buuren - Shivers (Christian Webber Mix)

Old Post Oct-07-2003 03:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sirocco Click here to Send Sirocco a Private Message Visit Sirocco's homepage! Add Sirocco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Chrono
HTML is not allowed.



Registered: Jan 2002
Location: toronto

quote:
Originally posted by Sirocco
supernova is ideal for strings and pads...if u like the rank 1 traditional type airwave lead the jp8080 posseses that thickness.


I disagree. I own a supernova, and it only has one good string patch, and if you make your own strings they are alright, but not amzing. Pads are horrible. Bass is also alittle weak.

The supernova is great at doing synth work for the main and background melodies. It has some raging synth leads, really heavy thick sounds. It's awesome for those. Also all these little acid type sounds, little synth plucks, and hard techno noises.

Old Post Oct-07-2003 04:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Chrono Click here to Send DJ Chrono a Private Message Add DJ Chrono to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sirocco
Parametric Surgeon



Registered: Jan 2003
Location: The Seventh City (New Jersey)

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Chrono
I disagree. I own a supernova, and it only has one good string patch, and if you make your own strings they are alright, but not amzing. Pads are horrible. Bass is also alittle weak.

The supernova is great at doing synth work for the main and background melodies. It has some raging synth leads, really heavy thick sounds. It's awesome for those. Also all these little acid type sounds, little synth plucks, and hard techno noises.


guess i heard wrong...bad opinions at synth site at sonicstate.com i guess hehe


___________________

Top 5:
1. R-Tem - Voiceless
2. New Order - Jetstream (Tom Neville Remix)
3. Pillow One - Ministry Of Love
4. Pulser - Point of Impact (Mike Koglin Remix)
5. Armin Van Buuren - Shivers (Christian Webber Mix)

Old Post Oct-07-2003 04:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sirocco Click here to Send Sirocco a Private Message Visit Sirocco's homepage! Add Sirocco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!



Registered: Oct 2002
Location: Miles away from ordinary...

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Chrono
I disagree. I own a supernova, and it only has one good string patch, and if you make your own strings they are alright, but not amzing. Pads are horrible. Bass is also alittle weak.

The supernova is great at doing synth work for the main and background melodies. It has some raging synth leads, really heavy thick sounds. It's awesome for those. Also all these little acid type sounds, little synth plucks, and hard techno noises.


YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT????

YOUR SUPERNOVA REVIEW COULDN'T BE FARTHER FROM TRUTH.

Dude, no offence, you must have some weird supernova. Tried re-loading your sound set? Besides, if you're only using pre-sets you are just using 1% of your synth. My lord, the fuking pads are just awe-inspiring. Jeeeezzzzusssssss! Ok, to settle it once and for all, I am on a mission to give you some phat demos of Supernova. Here's some of the people who used it as their primary:

NU NRG (used live - the main kbd)
Solar Stone
Armin
PvD
Tiesto

Man, you probably didn't give it enough time or try. Then again, each has his own opinion. Supernova has the DEEEPEST bass out there... nothing rambles my walls more than SN. Try Drum'n'Bass patch.

Some killer pads:
Inverse Square
Plated Analogue - very 80's bright pad
Heavenly Slide - fukin wikkid, yo!
Pad Sweep - as close as you can get to Jupe
Orbit Pad
Pad 4 Landing

I can go on and on and on... man, give it another listen. It just cannot be beat. Leads are screamin. Man, I hate to say it you're just so far off base.

Bottom line. If I had to choose between JP or SN, I would take SN any day.

JP has it's pluses but I would say that JP has more of a "backing" potential rather than primary.

Spacewise, JP8080 is rack-mount and takes up 6(!!!)U. Nord (rack) is same size as AV rack. BTW, Nord 3 (hate me all you want) just sounds fukin awful. I did not find a single sound I liked in it. I just couldn't bring myself to liking it. No FX, shitty patches (about 96% waste) and crappy kbd action. I personally could not love it even if it was free.

Besides, for Trance I would not say it has as much use as for Rock/Fusion/Acid Jazz/Etc. Not Trance... definitely not trance

Use your ears, make your own decisions. I will try to post some demos soon. As soon as I get my Cubase to work again.

L8r


___________________
Proud member of the "Filthy Zionist" coalition

Old Post Oct-11-2003 03:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Chrono
HTML is not allowed.



Registered: Jan 2002
Location: toronto

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
YOUR SUPERNOVA REVIEW COULDN'T BE FARTHER FROM TRUTH.

Dude, no offence, you must have some weird supernova. Tried re-loading your sound set? Besides, if you're only using pre-sets you are just using 1% of your synth. My lord, the fuking pads are just awe-inspiring. Jeeeezzzzusssssss! Ok, to settle it once and for all, I am on a mission to give you some phat demos of Supernova. Here's some of the people who used it as their primary:

NU NRG (used live - the main kbd)
Solar Stone
Armin
PvD
Tiesto

Man, you probably didn't give it enough time or try. Then again, each has his own opinion. Supernova has the DEEEPEST bass out there... nothing rambles my walls more than SN. Try Drum'n'Bass patch.

Some killer pads:
Inverse Square
Plated Analogue - very 80's bright pad
Heavenly Slide - fukin wikkid, yo!
Pad Sweep - as close as you can get to Jupe
Orbit Pad
Pad 4 Landing

I can go on and on and on... man, give it another listen. It just cannot be beat. Leads are screamin. Man, I hate to say it you're just so far off base.

Bottom line. If I had to choose between JP or SN, I would take SN any day.

JP has it's pluses but I would say that JP has more of a "backing" potential rather than primary.

Spacewise, JP8080 is rack-mount and takes up 6(!!!)U. Nord (rack) is same size as AV rack. BTW, Nord 3 (hate me all you want) just sounds fukin awful. I did not find a single sound I liked in it. I just couldn't bring myself to liking it. No FX, shitty patches (about 96% waste) and crappy kbd action. I personally could not love it even if it was free.

Besides, for Trance I would not say it has as much use as for Rock/Fusion/Acid Jazz/Etc. Not Trance... definitely not trance

Use your ears, make your own decisions. I will try to post some demos soon. As soon as I get my Cubase to work again.

L8r


I think I gave it enough time, I purchased it and used it exclusively for a few tracks, and use it here and there now.

The pads to me sound alittle cheap. Dont know how to explain it, and no I don't just use preset sounds.

The bass is alright, but nothing special for me.

But, like I said, I do think it's absolutly great for other synth sounds like leads. Can't beat it.

I have used the JP8080 before and I'll say right now that the Supernova destroys it (in my opinion).

Old Post Oct-11-2003 04:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Chrono Click here to Send DJ Chrono a Private Message Add DJ Chrono to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Pictures of your Home studio
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (333): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:42.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2017

Privacy Statement / DMCA
Geo Visitors Map

Icon