Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
woscar
Starstuff

Anyone else notice the sudden flooding of sets from people that don't even post here? Perhaps a rule of a certain amount of posts to be able to post in this forum might help

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Old Post Jan-14-2009 17:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for woscar Click here to Send woscar a Private Message Visit woscar's homepage! Add woscar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Teezdalien
Supreme tranceaddict

Mabey one sticky thread for everyone to bump their fave/best mix in.

Old Post Feb-14-2009 22:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Teezdalien Click here to Send Teezdalien a Private Message Add Teezdalien to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
virtual24 dark
Senior tranceaddict

There are too meny people on here that clog up the front page with threads that dont even have mixes!

Old Post Sep-02-2010 15:10  Great Britain
Click Here to See the Profile for virtual24 dark Click here to Send virtual24 dark a Private Message Add virtual24 dark to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by virtual24 dark
There are too meny people on here that clog up the front page with threads that dont even have mixes!

Like who?

Old Post Sep-03-2010 00:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
virtual24 dark
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Like who?

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...4&forumid=73&s=

You move most of them

Old Post Sep-03-2010 10:45  Great Britain
Click Here to See the Profile for virtual24 dark Click here to Send virtual24 dark a Private Message Add virtual24 dark to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by virtual24 dark
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...4&forumid=73&s=

You move most of them

You're right, I missed that one. It's 8 pages back though, not exactly on the front page clogging things up

I normally lock/move/delete the stuff that's not supposed to be here. If you think I've missed something, just shoot me a PM and I'll sort it out

Old Post Sep-03-2010 22:01  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infiniteJEST
solipsist sitcom

Mandatory bit rate in OP when uploading sets.

Old Post Jan-29-2011 05:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for infiniteJEST Click here to Send infiniteJEST a Private Message Add infiniteJEST to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DjMarkPatrick
tranceaddict in training

Hi Guys having read the comments in this post i have decided to become much more active in the forums as a whole so thanks

And im now gonna put my opinion in about a good way to promote new dj talent (myself included ? you be the judge lol)

for all the people who wanna just post a mix and have it reviewed leave that alone some people are just starting out an may not want to enter a poll or have there mixes judged by people who have been dj'ing for many years.

For those who have been mixing for a while and feel they have a good set on there hands, have them post in the thread title something like

_Poll Entry_djmarknaylor_eyes set_september mix

.....or something similar
that way anyone can easily see which are the new dj's looking for help and the possible poll entrants looking for votes to boost his mix.

have it made mandatory that you review at least 2 other poll mixes before posting (this would be enforced by listing which mixes you have reviewed and rated on your own mix at the bottom something like. "comment on steves mix good, comment on dans mix shite") for those who post early in the month and havent any mixes to review yet check back and add them to your own thread when they become available.

this is a good way imo to get everyone involved who wants to get involved and a way to prove your not just in it for yourself and still leaves room for the occasional poster who just wants to get an idea how far along he is in his mixing skills.

http://www.wix.com/djmarknaylors/dj-mark-naylor

Facebook ; mark naylor

e-mail ; Djmarknaylor@hotmail.co.uk

Old Post Jan-30-2011 13:20  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for DjMarkPatrick Click here to Send DjMarkPatrick a Private Message Visit DjMarkPatrick's homepage! Add DjMarkPatrick to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by DjMarkPatrick
for all the people who wanna just post a mix and have it reviewed leave that alone some people are just starting out an may not want to enter a poll or have there mixes judged by people who have been dj'ing for many years.

Surely new DJs would want to have their mixes reviewed by people with more experience than them. How else would they be getting feedback on what they're doing right/wrong? It's the whole point of constructive criticism Or am I misunderstanding what you've said?

quote:
For those who have been mixing for a while and feel they have a good set on there hands, have them post in the thread title something like

_Poll Entry_djmarknaylor_eyes set_september mix

.....or something similar
that way anyone can easily see which are the new dj's looking for help and the possible poll entrants looking for votes to boost his mix.

That looks terrible in a thread title, and 99% of people here would avoid it just because of that.

Which poll are you talking about though? Last time I checked, there were no 'poll entries' whatsoever. We have a "Best of the Month" thread, but that's for the other users here to share which mixes they thought were top quality, for the month in question, not for people to nominate their own mixes. It's not a competition, and I definitely don't want this forum to become anything like that.

quote:
have it made mandatory that you review at least 2 other poll mixes before posting (this would be enforced by listing which mixes you have reviewed and rated on your own mix at the bottom something like. "comment on steves mix good, comment on dans mix shite") for those who post early in the month and havent any mixes to review yet check back and add them to your own thread when they become available.

There is no way of currently enforcing that, and honestly, I don't think there should be. Anyone in the world, right now, can sign up to TA, and post a mix for us to listen to and review.

While I would like more participation here in DJ Promo, to 'enforce' it is the wrong way to go. It will simply result in a few quick, low quality posts, so that people can post their own things. The smart people here on TA figure out pretty quickly, that the way to get your mixes listened to/reviewed is to spend some time here in the community, and be a regular poster. Having links to your mixes/website in your sig doesn't hurt either, but the point is that people should make an effort on the site here, not just post up their mix and wait for blindingly good/bad reviews.

quote:
this is a good way imo to get everyone involved who wants to get involved and a way to prove your not just in it for yourself and still leaves room for the occasional poster who just wants to get an idea how far along he is in his mixing skills.

The DJ Promo forum is already like that though I realise that you're pretty new here, but this forum has been going for quite some time.

Old Post Jan-31-2011 07:24  Australia
DjMarkPatrick
tranceaddict in training

to be perfectly honest i stole the idea from the 10 min mix competition from youtube and djtutor and it seems to work for them. just a though for if ya wanted to start a competition.

granted the review at least 2 was shortsighted poor reviews would become abundant but maybee the overall idea has more merits than you seem to have given it

http://www.wix.com/djmarknaylors/dj-mark-naylor

Facebook ; mark naylor

e-mail ; Djmarknaylor@hotmail.co.uk

Old Post Jan-31-2011 12:28  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for DjMarkPatrick Click here to Send DjMarkPatrick a Private Message Visit DjMarkPatrick's homepage! Add DjMarkPatrick to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wllmford7
tranceaddict in training

Hey Really informative thread...Thanks for sharing with us.

Old Post Apr-20-2011 03:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wllmford7 Click here to Send wllmford7 a Private Message Visit wllmford7's homepage! Add wllmford7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
yonny
Supreme tranceaddict

We should consider spam or flodders those who post three new threads the same day, for example right now the guy who has posted episode 39, 40 and 41 of a podcast in three different threads the same day the same minute.

I mean comon, is it really necesary??

Old Post Aug-01-2011 12:56  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for yonny Click here to Send yonny a Private Message Visit yonny's homepage! Add yonny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Suggestions and Comments!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback3in1 [2002] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGigi D'Agostino - "L'Amour Toujours" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread