Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Florida EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.23-2012.03.25 [DAY/NITE] Ultra Music Festival XIV
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
chillenandy321
PARTY!! 8-)

I'm so glad to be done with Ultra. Last and final time was 2008...

Old Post Dec-26-2011 02:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for chillenandy321 Click here to Send chillenandy321 a Private Message Visit chillenandy321's homepage! Add chillenandy321 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DPetey81
Supreme tranceaddict

While I like to sh*t on Ultra as much as anybody else for its execution, crowds, and such...... I still hold the opinion that if somebody has never been before and is contemplating it, then it is well worth checking out at least once. I am actually somewhat impressed with the initial lineup release this year. I think it would be quite the experience to see Kraftwork live. Add to that New Order, Vath, Fatboy, etc..... and you've got a good mix of legendary names this time around. Not to mention, the Carl Cox tent is an experience in itself and I've always thought the best reason to attend.

Now with all that said, I will not be purchasing a ticket unless Daft Punk gets announced on Phase 2. Since I don't see that happening, I feel hundreds of dollars will be much better spent elsewhere on those days. I've got my fingers crossed that the setup is the same as last year so we can catch Kraftwork on the main stage from our condo.

Old Post Dec-26-2011 03:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DPetey81 Click here to Send DPetey81 a Private Message Visit DPetey81's homepage! Add DPetey81 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

People love to hate on Ultra but you can't tell me it's not a great time. And the lineup this year is looking real good...all the Circo Loco guys, Sven Vath, Kraftwerk...can't wait. Yeah it's expensive and no I'm not a fan of the all ages policy, but it's an incredible time anyways.

Old Post Dec-26-2011 03:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xxjavi88xx
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
People love to hate on Ultra but you can't tell me it's not a great time. And the lineup this year is looking real good...all the Circo Loco guys, Sven Vath, Kraftwerk...can't wait. Yeah it's expensive and no I'm not a fan of the all ages policy, but it's an incredible time anyways.

I agree with you... I've always had a good time except one year where it rained, I really don't even mind about the age policy because one thing I like about Ultra is watching people and the costumes they wear...this year will prob be the year that my streak ends.

Old Post Dec-26-2011 03:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xxjavi88xx Click here to Send xxjavi88xx a Private Message Add xxjavi88xx to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

aww man i missed the deleted comments. someone wanna give me a c0r version?

theres actually some decent stuff on that flyer but its still not worth my money.

Old Post Dec-27-2011 17:59  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
La Galerķa
Senior tranceaddict

VIP tickets are sold out.

Old Post Dec-27-2011 22:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for La Galerķa Click here to Send La Galerķa a Private Message Visit La Galerķa's homepage! Add La Galerķa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
raven848
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
but also crossover headline bands that incorporate EDM elements in their music and have a history or new beginning in the EDM community and culture (The Cure, The Killers, New Order, Duran Duran, The Black Eyed Peas, Erasure, m83, Santogold, The Ting Tings, Bloc Party)

I love this part because Bloc Party dropped out and never played. Didn't the Black Eyed Peas noshow? or is that wishful thinking?

Nice corporate write up.

Old Post Dec-28-2011 15:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for raven848 Click here to Send raven848 a Private Message Add raven848 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
raven848
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't think this lineup is diverse at all. Funny how it goes.

It sucks because last year I said the only way I would ever go again is if New Order reformed and played. doh! As it is now do I want to pay $350 for New Order, Kraftwerk and M83? I love Justice but their new album is getting slammed, meaning they will revert to festival hits and i've already done that. but again... for New Order and Kraftwerk to be playing in the US...

Depending on how it shakes out, I would be more than happy to sell off my Sunday pass. We'd have to meet up sometime Sat night/Sun morning obviously but i'd be down with that. Just a heads up

Old Post Dec-28-2011 15:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for raven848 Click here to Send raven848 a Private Message Add raven848 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by raven848
I love this part because Bloc Party dropped out and never played. Didn't the Black Eyed Peas noshow? or is that wishful thinking?

Nice corporate write up.
Black eyed peas werent announced, but they did play...might have been part of guettas set.....this was...2009 i think?

Old Post Dec-28-2011 16:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for drEamer Click here to Send drEamer a Private Message Add drEamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by orTofųnChiLd
ultra sucks!

very insightful

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Dec-28-2011 18:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

Okay I have never been to Ultra, last year I was on an artist guest list for 2 days and went 0 times (and I was staying in Miami not SoBe). Partly because I was wasted out of my mind from other parties.

Too me its just like any other massive, am I wrong for not wanting to go?

I have been going to massives for the past 15 years here in Ca, the appeal of Ultra just doesn't make it worth it to me.

Am I jadded? I know I can't be the only one. Because the reality is, you can see who ever you want on the line up at a smaller better party during that week (for the most part). So I usually opt for that.

Old Post Dec-28-2011 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xer34
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
Okay I have never been to Ultra, last year I was on an artist guest list for 2 days and went 0 times (and I was staying in Miami not SoBe). Partly because I was wasted out of my mind from other parties.

Too me its just like any other massive, am I wrong for not wanting to go?

I have been going to massives for the past 15 years here in Ca, the appeal of Ultra just doesn't make it worth it to me.

Am I jadded? I know I can't be the only one. Because the reality is, you can see who ever you want on the line up at a smaller better party during that week (for the most part). So I usually opt for that.

I skipped last year because I couldn't afford it primarily, but I don't even really miss it. Sure its a good time but man does it get old after 4-5 hours. Its SO crowded and what I've noticed over the past few years is that its turned from the normal raver crowd to the spring breaker crowd, so instead the normal EDM crew you have a bunch of drunk assholes (i.e. bros) trying to start mosh pits and fight. Fuck all that nonsense IMO. I still go to Miami every year to see all the other shit that goes on though, smaller clubs are just better experiences all around.

Old Post Dec-28-2011 21:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xer34 Click here to Send xer34 a Private Message Add xer34 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Florida EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.23-2012.03.25 [DAY/NITE] Ultra Music Festival XIV
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease help - trancy tune from Mix Mission 2006 [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSeamus Haji - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread