Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA > Any Houston folks have DJ Mark D Beat CD?
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

He did do a Volume 5 so I don't know where this one went. I would like to have that one too if anybody has it, I thought I had the whole collection, ha.

Old Post Mar-19-2007 02:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kaos1972 Click here to Send kaos1972 a Private Message Add kaos1972 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

I wasn't even aware that there was a volume 5, actually- when people said they had "volume 5" I actually thought they were referring to the retrospect Beat CD. I thought there were only 4 volumes initially. It wasn't until you posted the songlist that I realized that many of the songs on there were from 2000 and there was only 1 "old" song (Exhale Slowly) on there. Then someone said elsewhere that volume 5 was 2 CDs, so that was what my second belief was (and I guess a wrong one too). So maybe in a sense that's right, though: there were 2 CDs, a volume 5 and a retro CD. But *shrug* who knows? I don't even know if such a cd came out, but I'll investigate.

Old Post Mar-19-2007 04:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mz734 Click here to Send mz734 a Private Message Add mz734 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Shoot Mark D an email through www.richs-houston.com, he may can answer your question. I emailed him Saturday and he responded right back, he seems like a great person the few times I have spoken to him thru email, I am sure he would be able to clear up your question promptly.

Old Post Mar-19-2007 05:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kaos1972 Click here to Send kaos1972 a Private Message Add kaos1972 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

thanks for the suggestion, I emailed him and just got his response. Basically he confirmed that there was one that covered the most popular songs of the 90s. Need to get my hands on that one as well...

Old Post Mar-20-2007 00:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mz734 Click here to Send mz734 a Private Message Add mz734 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Well hey I posted a reply and answered your questions, so hopefully someone else will have that obscure cd and let you know soon, I would like to have it too. So 6 volumes hmmmmmmm.

Old Post Mar-20-2007 00:57  United States
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

ha, I bet I won't be the only one searching for it...this one may be even harder to find as no one even mentioned it in my initial search for the 5 volumes. I just hope we can sort of search for it "together" (i.e. keep tabs and if someone finds it they let us know by posting a reply). If I manage to get a hold of it I'll most certainly let you know.

Old Post Mar-20-2007 01:05  United States
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Hey do you know of anymore sites where you can get mixes somewhat to what DJ Mark D does? Is that Progressive House? Most of the mixes I am finding I don't care for the music that much, every mix Mark D put out was great. I just wish there were more mixes with that type of music. Thanks.

Old Post Mar-20-2007 18:16  United States
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

man, I wish I did...I think pure.fm is your best bet.

Old Post Mar-21-2007 02:52  United States
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

Well, I recently found a mysterious track that doesn't appear, at first glance, to be on any of the Beat volumes. It's called

DJ Mark D & ATB- Dream Techno
length: 4:17

Sound familiar to anyone? It's popping up on some folks playlists when I search...I initially thought it might just be a mistitled track but the only ATB track I could find on Vols. 1-5 was 9PM- Till I Come, which has a track length of about 3.5 minutes. I have good reason to think they're not the same song. Hmm...could this be one of the tracks on that elusive retro CD? hmm...

There's a slight possibility it could be a different Mark D, but I seriously doubt it because that song is being listed with other tracks that are on Houston Mark D's beat volume cds.

Last edited by mz734 on Mar-25-2007 at 05:06

Old Post Mar-25-2007 04:51  United States
system9
Supreme tranceaddict

those were the good ole days, saturday the beat at the roxy, i havent been to the roxy since they stopped doing the beat, all I remember is that mark D moved to phoenix or someshit and that was the death of the beat.

"When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest." - Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Mar-28-2007 17:37  El Salvador
Click Here to See the Profile for system9 Click here to Send system9 a Private Message Visit system9's homepage! Add system9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mz734
Senior tranceaddict

I don't even remember them explaining on the radio why he left. Just one day- boom, mike anthony came in...initially I thought he was a "fill-in" so here I was for weeks (and eventually months) anticipating mark d's return...after about 6 months I figured he was gone for good

But he did return for wild 104 in 2003 those were some good songs as well (although it was starting to get inundated by the new hip-hop craze)...

I remember though, there was a "substitute" dj in the summer of 1998 that I thought was actually BETTER than Mark D- I forgot his name, though...so that when mark d came back, for a couple weeks it was nice to hear the "old stuff" again, then he changed up the songs and it was basically just good up until the end of that year.

Old Post Mar-28-2007 17:51  United States
kaos1972
Junior tranceaddict

Yeah I remember listening to "the beat" on Fridays and Saturday nights, up until they started playing three songs of rap/hip hop in each hour. I don't know why they ever started doing that, there is no way to mix those bpm's and make them sound good with the trance/house music. I wish they would have just played house, progressive house and trance, that was the good music I remember. I found a good dj on the web that has some good mixes, DJ Chris Powell, but none of the dj's I have found mix that much music I like, I am digging that Gabriel & Dresden "Dangerous Power" song and then "Fedde Le Grand - Put Your Hands Up For Detroit (Club Mix), both excellent songs. Anyone that knows of a dj that mixes those style of songs, let me know, I am looking for some new music to download and burn. Thanks.

Old Post Mar-28-2007 18:45  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Texas & S. Central USA > Any Houston folks have DJ Mark D Beat CD?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplease id this classic trance tune from 1996 ear' [2003] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNick Carter & Swain - "Believe" (Original Mix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread