Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Where have the Toronto Tranceaddicts gone?
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DamnDirtyApe
BananaAddict

Where have the Toronto Tranceaddicts gone?

So this board is pretty dead now; obviously the kids don't like the 2001 style vBulletin experience as much as we did back then. Is there any decent place on the web to find like-minded trance fans in the Toronto area? I may be old but still like to let loose once in awhile... I know there's a general EDM Meetup group but even that is relatively dead.

Old Post Mar-14-2017 19:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DamnDirtyApe Click here to Send DamnDirtyApe a Private Message Add DamnDirtyApe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bluecloud
tranceaddict

Dunno Re: Where have the Toronto Tranceaddicts gone?

quote:
Originally posted by DamnDirtyApe
So this board is pretty dead now; obviously the kids don't like the 2001 style vBulletin experience as much as we did back then. Is there any decent place on the web to find like-minded trance fans in the Toronto area? I may be old but still like to let loose once in awhile... I know there's a general EDM Meetup group but even that is relatively dead.

I think this board used to be good when there were true trance lovers here discussing trance and everything related to trance.

I feel things went to shit when topics got too crazy. Too many members who were not true fans of the music.

People jumped on the next bandwagon of social media which was facebook.

I've also been wondering myself where I can meet like minded true trance fans in Toronto.

Old Post Mar-15-2017 14:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bluecloud Click here to Send bluecloud a Private Message Add bluecloud to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

Re: Re: Where have the Toronto Tranceaddicts gone?

quote:
Originally posted by bluecloud
I feel things went to shit when topics got too crazy. Too many members who were not true fans of the music.

People jumped on the next bandwagon of social media which was facebook.

I completely disagree with that. I'm still friends with a large majority of the people who I've met on TranceAddict, and we are still electronic music fans. The passion for the music brought us together and is still what connects us.

In the early-mid 2000s most of us were in high school or university and had the opportunity to go out and party more. But with a lot of us in our mid-late 30s and older, responsibilities are different and less time is set aside for going out and talking on music forums. Also with the advent of FB, fewer people were posting "Event Listings" and "Roll Cals" on TOTA, and people started moving over there.

Also, IMO, the non-music related threads made the TOTA community even stronger. Since so many TOTAs had become friends in real life, brought together by the music, monkeying around and jokes on the TranceAddict forums brought out the lighter side in people.

Sure there were some people who were only into the music and parties b/c of drugs or b/c it was the fun thing to do at the time, but there is a large group of people on TOTA that remain and always will be passionate about dance music, but just don't have the time to post on a forum that has really died down.

Old Post Mar-15-2017 15:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bluecloud
tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Where have the Toronto Tranceaddicts gone?

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
I completely disagree with that. I'm still friends with a large majority of the people who I've met on TranceAddict, and we are still electronic music fans. The passion for the music brought us together and is still what connects us.

In the early-mid 2000s most of us were in high school or university and had the opportunity to go out and party more. But with a lot of us in our mid-late 30s and older, responsibilities are different and less time is set aside for going out and talking on music forums. Also with the advent of FB, fewer people were posting "Event Listings" and "Roll Cals" on TOTA, and people started moving over there.

Also, IMO, the non-music related threads made the TOTA community even stronger. Since so many TOTAs had become friends in real life, brought together by the music, monkeying around and jokes on the TranceAddict forums brought out the lighter side in people.

Sure there were some people who were only into the music and parties b/c of drugs or b/c it was the fun thing to do at the time, but there is a large group of people on TOTA that remain and always will be passionate about dance music, but just don't have the time to post on a forum that has really died down.

I said TRANCE!

You and your friends connected due to other things besides trance.....that's given that your friends are really your friends and don't talk shit behind your back.

You must be delusional because there was a lot of bickering on this board, many people decided not to post anymore because of the bullshit. Superficial friendships fell apart.

Too many people on here arguing about genres.

There are def many people who are still passionate about Trance.

The non music threads were okay, but got stupid!

Old Post Mar-15-2017 16:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bluecloud Click here to Send bluecloud a Private Message Add bluecloud to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
*~LiSa-LoO~*
Ferry Corsten's bitch

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where have the Toronto Tranceaddicts gone?

quote:
I said TRANCE!

You and your friends connected due to other things besides trance.....that's given that your friends are really your friends and don't talk shit behind your back.

You must be delusional because there was a lot of bickering on this board, many people decided not to post anymore because of the bullshit. Superficial friendships fell apart.

A lot of my friends actually do still listen to trance. In fact some of us went to see Ferry Corsten at Union recently.

Most people probably stopped posting on here b/c of douchebags like yourself that can't have a normal conversation where people disagree but instead try to insult people by saying they're delusional or claiming that my friends aren't really my friends.

And if you were here prior to 2011, as with most online forums (music or other), you would have noticed that there was bickering going on on the boards long before FB came around.

Grow the fuck up.

Old Post Mar-15-2017 16:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for *~LiSa-LoO~* Click here to Send *~LiSa-LoO~* a Private Message Add *~LiSa-LoO~* to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Re: Re: Re: Re: Where have the Toronto Tranceaddicts gone?

quote:
I said TRANCE!

Shows how much you actually know about this community. Bickering and board drama is what made this place entertaining, you think none of us was never conscious of that any time we engaged in bickering or flame wars? It's good old fashioned internet fun, you're obviously new. And stupid. Prob just bitter you never made friends here!

Old Post Mar-15-2017 16:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

I'm going to have to agree with bluecloud on this one.

I found this site long ago, when I was suffering from a inner demon, a confliction, affliction, my, addiction to trance.

I felt accepted here, to really be who I wanted, and COULD be. It was special. It put trance back to where it was supposed to be, in my pants. Because man did those beats make me wanna dance.

I'd rush home every day from school, fire up the CPU and eager to read about all that happened that day in that steamrolling locomotive donkey punch of the best genre of music ever, trance.

But, then the magic slowly died, soon it was talks about which drugs were your favourite to do to which trance DJs, or if trance was a Spice Girl, who would it be (Sporty, for sure BTW), and other nonsense like that. The it was about other genres, confucking the entire thing!!!

I didn't come to find out what show you were watching?! Or, where you and your mates should go eat dinner before the nights trance show! Hell naw, I came to eat, breath, LIVE trance with fellow addicts. But most of you were just posers.

I came to resent this place, the change, the exodous of REAL tranceaddicts, only see the void filled with people who were barely getting bent once in a while on trance, let alone addicts. It was insulting.

Some say that FB took over, with social interactions, then no more flyers and Eventes/evites via FB replaced rollcalls. Others cry out 'we got old' from their proverbial spots in the DJ booth doing bumps of K off of deadmau5's helmet. That's the reason TOTA died... excuses. I blame 9/11 myself, but that's neither here nor there.

I just wish we could be like we were, how we should be, still. This was a movement, this was a culture, this was a feeling...

THIS WAS TRANCE!

I'm Mach X, and I'm a Tranceaddict, and I have a subtrance problem.

Old Post Mar-15-2017 16:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

Some of the meltdowns on this board were absolutely epic and I'm only talking from 2011. I can't even imagine how awesome it was before then.

I've made a lot of friends through this board and as the posters above mentioned, our priorities have been shifted. However, they haven't shifted musically. Most of us came together as friends on this board due to our shared interest of trance. As the years went by and trance went to shit except for a very niche underground section, most of us came together as friends through just solid, solid dance music.

Old Post Mar-15-2017 16:56 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X

Old Post Mar-15-2017 16:57 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StereoPrincess
sassy one-piece

What is trance? Is trance trance? Am I trance?

Old Post Mar-15-2017 17:27  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for StereoPrincess Click here to Send StereoPrincess a Private Message Add StereoPrincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

Swipe right on my tinder, im holding the I love trance sign.

Old Post Mar-15-2017 17:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
English Rachel
I Am Canadian

Worm Popper

Still here

I hate trance and always did - house girl here... does that throw a spanner in your tantrum??

Old Post Mar-15-2017 17:29  England
Click Here to See the Profile for English Rachel Click here to Send English Rachel a Private Message Add English Rachel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Where have the Toronto Tranceaddicts gone?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHOT track needs ID!!! [2007] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackm-box and susie ledge - when youre gone (original mix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread