Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2010.07.29 Marco V | Glow @ Lima | Washington, DC
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
The Vza
Gone Deep

2010.07.29 Marco V | Glow @ Lima | Washington, DC

upcoming events:
7/31 Cosmic Gate | 8/5 Wolfgang Gartner | 8/7 Joachim Garraud | 8/12 Don Diablo | 8/14 The Crystal Method | 8/19 Funkerman
8/21 Sean Tyas | 8/26 Vic Calderone | 8/28 TBD

Dutch EDM legend Marco V will be in DC Thursday night to inspire us with yet another round of amazing music. We’re not quite sure how he has stayed so consistently good over the years… to the point where there’s no sense in wondering. We’ve just accepted the fact that Marco V is brilliant.

He’s been releasing music since ‘96 and you know what the scary part it? His latest batch of productions may just be his best!! Last year’s ‘Propaganda Pt. 1′ was off the charts, featuring the dance floor masher ‘Unprepared.’ Everyone and their mother was spinning that one. ‘Propaganda pt. 2′ was no less of a mind-blowing experience.

Thus far, 2010 has marked more furious studio sessions for the master of Dutch, house? progressive? trance? How about just the master of Dutch everything. With releases like Predator/Song in my Head, Coming Back, WTNF and remixes of Luvstruck 2010 and Spark, it’s almost scary to think about what he’s going to play at Lima. In fact, it’s scary to even think about a DJ of this magnitude at Lima. Wow!!! You want to see Lima packed harder than it’s ever been? Come see Marco V.

for more info please visit Marco V at Glow

Lima Restaurant & Lounge
1401 K St NW Washington DC
Doors Open at 10pm, Ages 21+

for free/reduced admission and 'cut the line' passes please visit Glow on Facebook

you can purchase tickets for this and every other Glow event at wantickets.com

for more info on Glow events please visit clubglow.com

soundcloud.com/jaceomusic

Last edited by The Vza on Jul-23-2010 at 16:17

Old Post Jul-19-2010 23:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Vza Click here to Send The Vza a Private Message Visit The Vza's homepage! Add The Vza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Vza
Gone Deep

ayo... can I get a bump?

Old Post Jul-26-2010 06:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Vza Click here to Send The Vza a Private Message Visit The Vza's homepage! Add The Vza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaminii
Supreme tranceaddict

Fuckin' Marco V! I wonder what his sound is like these days.

Old Post Jul-26-2010 20:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for shaminii Click here to Send shaminii a Private Message Add shaminii to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Vza
Gone Deep

quote:
Originally posted by shaminii
Fuckin' Marco V! I wonder what his sound is like these days.

funny you should ask. He's got this new, I guess you could call it a brand but it's more like a movement, called T.A.O. which stands for "The Art Of..." on some ol' eastern thought shit.

Dee Sanae did a sick article on it for the Glow website, I'll post an excerpt. here is the article in its entirety

“The idea I wanted to do was something new. I came up with this from the whole djing thing and what is involved. I wanted to recognize that the music, light effects, dancers and visuals—they are all kinds of the art form. That’s where the name comes in, The Art of music, The Art of events, The Art of producing and so on.”

- Marco V

According to Wikipedia, Tao is nameless, goes beyond distinctions, and transcends language. If you know anything about Marco V’s style he has always produced his music with hints of different genres, and no critic or music enthusiast could ever put a “label” on what he made. One thing for sure is that his perfectionism always led to high voltage tracks that when heard it had the V sound. ‘Indicator’, ‘Simulated’, ‘Godd, ‘Second Bite’, ‘More Than A Life Away’, ‘Red Blue Purple’, ‘Coma Aid’ and his remixes of classics such as ‘Café Del Mar’ were immediate anthems that could be played over and over.

With T.A.O events also comes a new record label (with the same title). On that will be four new tracks with the first release out next month. ‘Zero One’, Reaver, Sticker and the last one is unnamed but will be named a Dutch name. “These tracks are hard to describe and it’s different from my In: Charge stuff.tech- trance. It’s something different that I can’t describe, I was thinking of a name for it, but I can’t, you will just have to listen. Actually a guy in Holland came up with the term tech-trance to describe that genre so it would be interesting to see how people feel about this music.” A new mix compilation will be released with the launch of T.A.O and is expected to be out at the end of September. Marco informs us, “It’s going to be put alot of new productions and interestingly half artist album and compilation.”

Old Post Jul-28-2010 07:48 
Twist-Ty
tranceaddict

Omggg so stokedd for this one! First time seeing marco. I love all his productions i can only imagaine him live. Ive heard so many good things. Hes def going to bang it out Ravi let me know who is coming the last week of aug its my last week in dc. I hope its trance!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jul-28-2010 19:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Twist-Ty Click here to Send Twist-Ty a Private Message Add Twist-Ty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hellosam
be prepared to drink

i had my tickets booked since june for the bus!! but sadly i now have a new job and cant go bc id never get back fri in time....SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have fun everyone! every time marco is here i miss him for some stupid reason

Old Post Jul-28-2010 19:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hellosam Click here to Send hellosam a Private Message Add hellosam to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dlee968
Junior tranceaddict

Ravi- when did you change from your recovering TA status lol
im excited to see Marco V. def will be an epic night for edm in DC.
and you definitely get a bump for this.

Old Post Jul-29-2010 03:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dlee968 Click here to Send dlee968 a Private Message Add dlee968 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dlee968
Junior tranceaddict

marco v threw down a sick set.
small man with a HUGE sound.
def. a crowd pleaser and knows how to get a party going.
my only question is....why didnt he spin at fur?

Old Post Jul-30-2010 18:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dlee968 Click here to Send dlee968 a Private Message Add dlee968 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tknoxtc
Junior tranceaddict

While 99% of trance acts spin literally same shit these days, Marco V's set was a breath of fresh air! I like to be surprised and he kept on surprising me with new beats and tunes and made you wander 'how did he do that?!' He made the whole floor go crazy and kept it going till the end. I was dancing so much I got tired before the end.

Last time I saw him. He was at Avalon NY 2-3 years ago. That night he ripped it with soaring epic trance all night long. Compared to that night, this night was definitely less trancey, but I'm sick and tired of traditional stuck in the pigeon hole trance sets. I had no complains, rather I welcome the new approach. One of the best sets of the year and I had a blast. All I can say is Marco V knows how to DJ and can't wait until he comes back next time!

And I have to say Roberto's opening set was crazy good. Very intimate and groovy. I could've just listen to his set all night long instead. He was so good, I was starting to think he must like this side of sound better than the big room trance sound.

Overall, an awesome night. Glow, thank you for bring in Marco V! Now, bring on John '00' Fleming!!!

Old Post Aug-01-2010 20:06  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for tknoxtc Click here to Send tknoxtc a Private Message Add tknoxtc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2010.07.29 Marco V | Glow @ Lima | Washington, DC
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackId [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJonas Steur - "Castamara" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread