Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > why darude isnt a trance dj?
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

For me - I like Darude (well, at least Sandstorm since that's the only "real" track he has) but I dislike JS16 VERY much...

Everything he does sells a million copies but sounds exactly the same...

All the remixes (he's remixed Britney Spears... get the idea?), all the other projects (Bomfunk MC's), everything...

If I ever get a record deal offer from 16inch records (which I won't ) I'll be sure to avoid it...

Old Post Apr-22-2002 20:32  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
noikeee
dubstep convert

Sandstorm was ok yet it sounded a bit cheesy, but at the time it was released I loved it. He's not the best producer out there and most of his tracks are crap. But I like one of his, "Calm Before The Storm", I think it's his best.. although it's yet far from being a top track.

Old Post Apr-22-2002 20:35  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for noikeee Click here to Send noikeee a Private Message Visit noikeee's homepage! Add noikeee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kr00t0n
Archduke of Awesome

Whereas I've never like any of Darude's work, I love:

JDS - Nine Ways (Darude vs JS16)

Yummy!

Old Post Apr-22-2002 21:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for kr00t0n Click here to Send kr00t0n a Private Message Visit kr00t0n's homepage! Add kr00t0n to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dj_trancis
tranceaddict in training

Idea

Sandstorm was good.. as for his other tracks.. mm i'll have to agree, he needs to be a bit different in the production work

Old Post Apr-22-2002 22:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dj_trancis Click here to Send dj_trancis a Private Message Visit dj_trancis's homepage! Add dj_trancis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJPrototypeX
Its Still Thinkin...

Talking

its so easy to figure out his music...they all have the same beat and the same sound effect...lol...tha damn sample he always uses...I DONT HATE him...i'd jus like to hear him get some newer beats...lol...listen to his Before The Storm CD...great though...very different to what people think...

Old Post Apr-22-2002 22:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJPrototypeX Click here to Send DJPrototypeX a Private Message Add DJPrototypeX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Joca
I Like It Melodic

I like Sandstorm and Clam before The Storm. I think ppl just come to hate all the commercialzed tracks now a days. I bet just about everyone was loving Sandstorm when it first came out. I know I was and there were quite a few others as well.

Old Post Apr-23-2002 04:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Joca Click here to Send Joca a Private Message Add Joca to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Werewolf
...addicted to someone...

to admit the truth, I liked sandstorm a lot, when it first came out...

btw. what do u guys think of Barcode Borthers - Dooh Dooh (Darude Remix) ?

Old Post Apr-23-2002 04:22  Turkey
Click Here to See the Profile for Werewolf Click here to Send Werewolf a Private Message Visit Werewolf's homepage! Add Werewolf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Joca
I Like It Melodic

quote:
Originally posted by tranceaholic
well i was messing around on AG and i found a song called darude ecstacy 1 it is good. it doesnt have the same sandstorm beat to it. did anyone hear it before?

That track is mislabled because it sounds exactly like Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade. Download that and tel me their not the same.

Last edited by Joca on Apr-23-2002 at 04:43

Old Post Apr-23-2002 04:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Joca Click here to Send Joca a Private Message Add Joca to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wookieslut
HouseAddict

darude and js16 are very talented producers...listen to :
Boom! - Everybody Rock It (Darude vs. JS16 Remix) for an example of a great song

Old Post Apr-23-2002 04:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wookieslut Click here to Send wookieslut a Private Message Add wookieslut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Special_K
I dont know anymore

haha its not like any of you could produce anything better then sandstorm

Old Post Apr-23-2002 04:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Special_K Click here to Send Special_K a Private Message Add Special_K to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Biohazard
Progressive Trance Addict

whaha darude is cheese, yes but its pretty giod compared to the stuff thats wrecking the tired trance scene here in holland

I suggest u get some of

mad'house
Gigi L'agostino

etc, now THAT is cheese

Old Post Apr-23-2002 06:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for Biohazard Click here to Send Biohazard a Private Message Add Biohazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Leshiy
Supreme tranceaddict

Superchumbo remix of Darude`s Sandstorm sounds awesome, while listening to the beats im falling to trance

Currently addicted 2: Gabriel and Dresden - live at Global DJ Broadcast 7-7-03
Tune of the moment: Delerium - After all (Satoshi Tomie remix)

Old Post Apr-23-2002 07:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Leshiy Click here to Send Leshiy a Private Message Add Leshiy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > why darude isnt a trance dj?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAfterglow [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTravel - Pray to Jerusalem [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread