Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Mystery Around Blank & Jones?
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

quote:
Originally posted by Lownoise
Thx Viber & yes please!

Here you go buddy, i didn't think i'll ever upload it, but it's gonna be a loooong time until i see another die-hard Blank and Jones fan so this is as good of time as any i guess.

Sorry for the exaggerated bass response, i recorded it when i was 12

Old Post Mar-04-2018 12:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Viber Click here to Send Viber a Private Message Add Viber to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lownoise
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Viber
Here you go buddy, i didn't think i'll ever upload it, but it's gonna be a loooong time until i see another die-hard Blank and Jones fan so this is as good of time as any i guess.

Sorry for the exaggerated bass response, i recorded it when i was 12

Cheers m8! Muchos appriciated!

Trance Vizion (Trance)Music Discussion Forum/Board With The Latest Trance News & Global DJ Sets! Come & Join Us @ (http://www.trancevizion.nl). Also Check Our Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/#trance_vizion.official

Old Post Mar-04-2018 12:05  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Lownoise Click here to Send Lownoise a Private Message Visit Lownoise's homepage! Add Lownoise to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Absolutely hate Cream. Worst tune ever made in that era, below sandstorm even.

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post Mar-04-2018 23:28  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

If liking that guff is the requirement for having a soul, then I'll gladly be without one.

The chillout stuff is all right, though.

Dynamic Illusion feat. SLP - Return To Paradise (OrgaNik Remix) [Morphosis Records]
Chimera's Call EP [Pineapple Grooves]

Old Post Mar-05-2018 07:58  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
If liking that guff is the requirement for having a soul, then I'll gladly be without one.

It's more about silly nostalgia and i was kidding of course.

Old Post Mar-05-2018 10:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Viber Click here to Send Viber a Private Message Add Viber to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
Absolutely hate Cream. Worst tune ever made in that era, below sandstorm even.

wow...

Old Post Mar-05-2018 10:29 
Lownoise
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery

The chillout stuff is all right, though.

There's no accounting for taste. Cream indeed isn't there best track imo.

Trance Vizion (Trance)Music Discussion Forum/Board With The Latest Trance News & Global DJ Sets! Come & Join Us @ (http://www.trancevizion.nl). Also Check Our Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/#trance_vizion.official

Old Post Mar-05-2018 10:58  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Lownoise Click here to Send Lownoise a Private Message Visit Lownoise's homepage! Add Lownoise to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Cream was never my favourite either, but it was a big track.

Their chillout stuff did really well though. If you go on to any of the popular streaming services such as pandora and spotify looking for chillout, B&J chill tunes are splattered throughout. Given that physical and download sales are much stronger in those categories, not to mention licensing, I imagine they made a fortune off those.

Old Post Mar-07-2018 01:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

I'd also like to state that I am not - nor have I ever been - around them.

Dynamic Illusion feat. SLP - Return To Paradise (OrgaNik Remix) [Morphosis Records]
Chimera's Call EP [Pineapple Grooves]

Old Post Mar-07-2018 05:21  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Cream was never my favourite either, but it was a big track.

Their chillout stuff did really well though. If you go on to any of the popular streaming services such as pandora and spotify looking for chillout, B&J chill tunes are splattered throughout. Given that physical and download sales are much stronger in those categories, not to mention licensing, I imagine they made a fortune off those.

WHAT?? there's money to be made in chillout?

I always thought Ambient and Chillout don't generate much revenue.

Old Post Mar-07-2018 10:22 
Midlothian
Supreme tranceaddict

As always it'll depend on what exactly you consider to be "ambient" and "chillout", but while I'm sure dark ambient off Cryo Chamber isn't going to pay for that Merc, the bazillion "chillout" albums and VAs I'm sure have generated heaps of money for certain artists and labels alike. Do we still use the term "lounge" music?
Have you seen news reports - not too long ago I think - about ridiculous numbers of plays for apparently shitloads of "fake" tracks on "ambient" and "chillout" and pianomusic playlists on Spotify? I'm not entirely sure how all that is supposed to have worked, but I think generally speaking people are into that kinda music..

edit: as far as I'm concerned the titles for some of b&j's chillout albums could hardly be more typical .. "Relax (volume xx)", "Relax Jazzed"..

Last edited by Midlothian on Mar-07-2018 at 13:09

Old Post Mar-07-2018 12:46  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Viber
WHAT?? there's money to be made in chillout?

I always thought Ambient and Chillout don't generate much revenue.

Yeah, if you manage to make a good chillout track, you can make a fortune.

One of my tutors back in school was Wubble-U (had a top 10 hit in the UK) and tech house outfit Get Fucked who were also pretty successful.

One time he was working on shared studio facility and he was messing about with a chillout track in 3/3 time. Some guy who rented another studio he barely knew stopped by to say hello and asked him what he was working on.

That track was Crazy Ivan and the random guy signed it to a compilation called Cafe Del Mar.

He said that one chillout track made him more money that everything he'd done the 20 years in the industry prior put together.

He then basically switched to making chillout/lounge music for money and dance for hobby.

Old Post Mar-07-2018 16:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Mystery Around Blank & Jones?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread