Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 149 it's cold.
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Well this is what their Wiki says:

"Minilogue was a Scandinavian melodic Techno music group consisting of Sebastian Mullaert and Marcus Henriksson. The name is a blend of minimal (the musical style) and dialogue, which refers to music as a form of communication."

*shrug*

Old Post Mar-03-2018 14:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Don't you know you can't believe everything you read on discogs and wikipedia, Jenny? Sheesh!

Old Post Mar-03-2018 15:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
"Minilogue was a Scandinavian melodic Techno music group consisting of Sebastian Mullaert and Marcus Henriksson. The name is a blend of minimal (the musical style) and dialogue, which refers to music as a form of communication."

Not only is that explanation lacking a citation, but I've already demonstrated it's evidently not true. Why would a progressive psy act come up with a name involving "minimal (the musical style)"? Their early releases as Minilogue certainly weren't minimal.

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
Just gonna leave this here:

I find it instructive that you didn't post a track from the album we're actually discussing in order to prove your point. Now, need I repeat my own words? Did I say that Minilogue have categorically never made any minimal techno in their career? Oh wait:

quote:
They may have been co-opted by the minimal movement when it was massive. Hell, they may have made some more stereotypically minimal stuff at one point...

There's a lot of places I'd file Blomma long before I came to minimal: ambient techno, melodic techno, Dozzy-style hypnotic techno. Hell, the entire second disc is ambient. I'm still waiting to hear exactly what would characterise it as minimal.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Mar-03-2018 15:24  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Someone should just ask them directly.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 15:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

Dude, it's made by two guys which have been making minimal for the last decade and a half, with very fucking clear minimal influences throughout from the little bit that I've heard. If you can't hear it and you wanna keep calling everything prog thats not my problem, I can't show you what's right in front of your face if you keep closing your eyes.

Edit: lol what do you call this

https://youtu.be/T5DRqIJisaI

"Melodic techno"? Haha suck on my nuts. Straight micro house up in here.

Last edited by wotyzoid on Mar-03-2018 at 15:44

Old Post Mar-03-2018 15:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Jack is the kind of guy that walks into a Patrice Baumel party and goes "man, that's some good prog!"

Last edited by wotyzoid on Mar-05-2018 at 01:54

Old Post Mar-03-2018 15:51  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

The same Patrice Baumel who recently posted on Facebook, "I love the space between progressive and techno"?

And now we're learning you've not even heard the album you're talking shit about. You're the gift that keeps on giving.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 16:03  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Wonder what kind of techno, must be melodic.

Edit: lmao im not even talking shit about the album, I'm sure its great, I'm talking shit about you.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 16:10  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

You're talking about lot of shit generally.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 16:15  England
wotyzoid
it's not house

I'm just trying to keep you sharp, encyclopedia. You love to rip on people, but my god do you make some serious fucking blunders sometimes.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 16:25  United States
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Kenny, what the fuck are you even talking about?

Old Post Mar-03-2018 16:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
This person is on your_Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

Old Post Mar-03-2018 16:44  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 149 it's cold.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread