Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 149 it's cold.
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

What does minimal have to do with this album, apart from a word written on Discogs? Discogs also calls it "dub techno". Do you think Blomma is in any way dub techno? Have you never questioned the tags some random user has assigned to a release on Discogs?

There's a lot of drawn out, hypnotic techno out there. You'll note one of the reviews on Discogs describes the first disc of Blomma as "hypnotic & often deep, Dozzy-like beats". So, is Donato Dozzy minimal techno as well? How are you classifying these things, Kenny? Let's have a discussion about music, eh?

> Skipton's Only Prog Night [Warm Up Grooves]
> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]

Old Post Mar-02-2018 23:50  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

I don't know man, I just think it's funny.

It's not about me classifying anything. Minilogue has been around since the heyday of the german minimal wave, back when I started coming here. If you had only done a little homework before deciding to add that side-note into your little story I wouldn't have picked on you. Honestly you walked right into that one, "Minilogue". Wonder what kind of music they make...?

Old Post Mar-03-2018 00:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
"Minilogue". Wonder what kind of music they make...?

Yeah. I wonder...

They've been around since a long time before the minimal era. Just because you don't know about anything older than that, doesn't mean that's where they started.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 00:16  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

So you like those two tracks, and everything else they made that's considered minimal you don't like because fuck that right?

edit: what do you call those? prog? lol but isn't that when everything was going to shit and the prog labels were putting out garbage OMG?

Last edited by wotyzoid on Mar-03-2018 at 00:41

Old Post Mar-03-2018 00:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

http://globalmixxradio.com 8PM EST

Old Post Mar-03-2018 00:45  United States
ControlFreak18
tranceaddict in training

Old Post Mar-03-2018 02:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ControlFreak18 Click here to Send ControlFreak18 a Private Message Add ControlFreak18 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
So you like those two tracks, and everything else they made that's considered minimal you don't like because fuck that right?

No. These tracks aren't two random outliers. They made quite a lot of stuff like this as Minilogue. The point was to show that your attempts to patronise me made you look pretty fucking stupid. The name "Minilogue" was originally the title of their first album as Son Kite in 1999, and was later adopted as an alternate alias for their non-psy activities. It's got nothing to do with the word "minimal".

I've always had lots of time for Minilogue/Son Kite. They may have been co-opted by the minimal movement when it was massive. Hell, they may have made some more stereotypically minimal stuff at one point (I haven't heard their whole discography), but the fact they started out in the prog-psy scene shows they've always had an added dimension to their sound.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 08:48  England
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I always thought Blomma was a total summer album. Shame they split up, the stuff they started to make near the end was so good. Sebastian Mullaert has been doing some fine solo stuff but I think the Minilogue stuff was a bit more advanced (seem obvious given their live-jam style, one person vs. two people).

We haven't had any snow here that actually lasted more than a few hours this entire winter. Usually we get like one or two weeks of lasting snow. It's really weird.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 10:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
No. These tracks aren't two random outliers. They made quite a lot of stuff like this as Minilogue. The point was to show that your attempts to patronise me made you look pretty fucking stupid. The name "Minilogue" was originally the title of their first album as Son Kite in 1999, and was later adopted as an alternate alias for their non-psy activities. It's got nothing to do with the word "minimal".

You have to be fucking kidding me. What do you think the "mini" in minilogue stands for? I think your fear of being patronized is making you look stupid.

Edit: I'm gonna guess you think they named themselves after a synthesizer. Lol.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 14:22  United States
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
What do you think the "mini" in minilogue stands for?

Not "minimal techno", that's for damn sure. You quite clearly claimed they took their name from the style of music they make. I've quite clearly demonstrated they came up with the name for a psy-trance record in 1999. Jog the fuck on.

Old Post Mar-03-2018 14:30  England
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Biography: Minilogue are the progressive trance masters from Sweden aka Son Kite.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/minilogue

Old Post Mar-03-2018 14:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

Goddamn, for a smart guy, you sure can be really retarded, proud and stubborn sometimes.

"Twist my arm but don't tell me I'm wrong!"

Just gonna leave this here:

Old Post Mar-03-2018 14:42  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 149 it's cold.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread