Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

I'm sort of all over the map right now, but if I had to pick, my flavour of the month right now would be liquid dnb.

Old Post Jul-20-2016 15:26  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

Re: Re: What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-M
Lira, you missed this sentence in the OP probably.

Totally did, yeah, sorted

Old Post Jul-20-2016 17:39  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

A bit over the map, too, myself. The retro/future house stuff is starting to get a bit long in the tooth, and innovation seems to be a bit at a low in terms of genre formation. I feel rather out of the loop with what's popular in both the commercial scene and also the RA-approved one.

Really liked this one I heard the other day, pretty somber vocal and I like how the song progresses in terms of mood from downtrodden to uplifting:

Bassline very reminiscent of some of the darker UKG from years back:

Of course I'm still listening to a bunch of game music, this is an arranged version of the classic SEGA game, Galaxy Force II, for the super-obscure FM-TOWNS MARTY console. It's like a cross between 90's house, freestyle, and that fusion jazz stuff that was really popular for some reason in 90's Japanese arcade games. LOVE the track 13 minutes in, the bassline reminds me of really early British prog house.

Heard this on ASOT and was rather taken aback... really pounding, driving, acidic trance reminiscent of late 90's Vandit.

Fort Romeau makes some great music, but doesn't get too much hype. Feel good melodic house:

Throwback deep house strongly influenced by the Yamaha YM2612 soundchip in the Genesis/Mega Drive:

Xenoblade X was one of the most divisive game soundtracks to come out in some time. I loved it (even the cheesy Linkin Park inspired tracks) just because it's so different from the average game soundtrack that gets released nowadays. My favorite track:

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post Jul-20-2016 23:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch

We're linking directly to Youtube and Soundcloud rather than embedding, mate, I made the same mistake

Old Post Jul-21-2016 00:23  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
Fort Romeau makes some great music, but doesn't get too much hype. Feel good melodic house

Yeah, I just discovered this guy in the last week. Really good stuff.

> Skipton's Only Prog Night [Warm Up Grooves]
> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]

Old Post Jul-21-2016 22:16  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Godking5
Supreme tranceaddict

Truthfully, recently for me it has been:

Paul Woolford - Mother and Child Divided
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNH8rrhpVUY

Or this sound. Im not sure what genre it would fit under. It is real low fidelity almost. But this channel on youtube uploads about 3-4 new tracks of this same tripped out style per day. So i have been binging on that lately

D-Nite - Later That Nite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQliTTM1OQc

Unknown Dancer - Paula
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2zq7U73BEs

Makes me feel all warm inside.

Last edited by Godking5 on Jul-24-2016 at 04:18

Old Post Jul-23-2016 13:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Godking5 Click here to Send Godking5 a Private Message Add Godking5 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Really liking this Fort Romeau chap, great share.

Old Post Jul-26-2016 09:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Mark Reeve's latest mixes have been like a God send, some great techno, listening to some Harvey McKay as well

Old Post Jul-31-2016 23:08  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

https://www.residentadvisor.net/pod...ode.aspx?id=531

Heard him play twice this year, really good stuff both times.

Old Post Aug-01-2016 08:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

https://echospacedetroit.bandcamp.c...um/mediterranea

New Rod Modell / Deepchord album, it's very... ambient.

Old Post Aug-28-2016 20:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
https://echospacedetroit.bandcamp.c...um/mediterranea

New Rod Modell / Deepchord album, it's very... ambient.

As much as I liked it, I need to say: he cant do anything more... static? I mean, I heard it entirely, and looks like the same loop for half a hour, wtf.

whatever, I liked.

Old Post Aug-28-2016 23:45  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

https://hardwax.com/41152/erdem-tun...rance-volume-2/

Old Post Aug-30-2016 12:15 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread