Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Maybe not right now, but was getting into a lot of Dark Ambient earlier this year. Because we live in Dark Times, thus we need Dark Music for our Dark Times, this Dark Year Of 2016.

We had a lot of rain.

(~)

Old Post Jul-19-2016 23:14  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
meh, thats just how i feel, not really talking about trance i guess more techno

if minimal/electro was dominating 10 years ago, what sound is dominating now?

Dark German techno, melodic tech (don't call it prog!) and future-retro house would be the big ones, from where I'm standing.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Jul-19-2016 23:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

Last months I was pretty much into ambient/techno stuff, like ampoule, radical ambient, steve stoll, tresor... specially after I asked for recommendations here, and someone recommended a lot of stuff with similar style

Old Post Jul-20-2016 00:27  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Kilixpree is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

Call me boring or out of date but I've really been feeling the hypnotic techno stuff for the past 6 months with SlamRadio being my go to show. I've also really fallen in love with the more trancey/psychedelic influenced stuff like Polar Inertia who are probably my favorite producers at the moment.

Ok Woony, I'm ready to hear how much of a n00b I am and not allowed into your circle.

Old Post Jul-20-2016 01:28  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list SPANIARD is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

I always post what I'm into in the tune of the day thread. Otherwise, I'm enjoying sets like the Invite Choice podcasts, which feature new techno.

https://soundcloud.com/invite-1

Old Post Jul-20-2016 03:21  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
deepressive

I guess Russian curated dub ambient techno? I have so many tracks I need ID'D which I havent experienced before which is great!

I started a dub project under an alias.

Last edited by MSZ on Jul-20-2016 at 05:38

Old Post Jul-20-2016 04:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
surprime trainandict

dude all these genre names are pretty funny right now

Old Post Jul-20-2016 05:02  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
I guess Russian curated dub ambient techno?

There's a shitload of stuff coming from Russia these days. Not just techno, but all across the board.

Afraid to Dream EP [Electronic Tree]

Old Post Jul-20-2016 06:21  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
There's a shitload of stuff coming from Russia these days. Not just techno, but all across the board.

I've always genuinely believed that Russia is where genres go to die. Russian producers are so awesome it's almost pointless to keep making similar tracks elsewhere, because they'll always pale in comparison.

It's 2016 and I still believe the very best trance track ever produced came from a couple of Russian producers nearly 20 years ago:

https://youtu.be/hYucXzI1B88

I've yet to hear anything remotely associated with trance music that sounds better than this. It's why I joined this forum. It's why I never left.

And it's why I've got nothing else to say, really.

Last edited by Lira on Jul-20-2016 at 17:38

Old Post Jul-20-2016 06:37  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Re: What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]

quote:
Originally posted by Woony

And please dont embed YT/SC links to keep this thread readable and loading fast!

Lira, you missed this sentence in the OP probably.

3th album single: Lisaya - Be Your Word [Vibrate Audio], click here

Old Post Jul-20-2016 10:40  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SPANIARD
Call me boring or out of date but I've really been feeling the hypnotic techno stuff for the past 6 months with SlamRadio being my go to show. I've also really fallen in love with the more trancey/psychedelic influenced stuff like Polar Inertia who are probably my favorite producers at the moment.

Ok Woony, I'm ready to hear how much of a n00b I am and not allowed into your circle.

Haha, it's not that I hate all of it, it's just that I started listening to that stuff back in 2010 and did so heavily for a while and I think it's an easy sound to get bored of since it's so restrained in it's form and sound palette. I also think a lot of people are just making more boring imitations of the Prologue/Sandwell stuff from years ago.

I was really into the first two Polar Inertia records when they came out and I still think they are pretty neat but I didn't think the double EP was that exciting.

For what it's worth, I think this new label does a pretty good job with the 'reverb techno' thing - https://www.discogs.com/CHPTR-CHPTR-002/release/8171477

Old Post Jul-20-2016 11:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kuhis
Senior tranceaddict

I stumbled upon this release by a Danish label which got released a couple of months ago. Ambient / dreamy / blissful deep house jams, really liking the whole EP.

https://soundcloud.com/help-recordings/help007-irrelevant-material

You can find all of the full versions from Youtube in case anyone wants to listen to those.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Tissu had a new EP on Lobster Theremin. I've been listening to this on repeat, RV Jam especially is fantastic.

http://lobstertheremin.com/album/space-loop-ep

Last edited by Kuhis on Jul-20-2016 at 15:43

Old Post Jul-20-2016 14:30  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Kuhis Click here to Send Kuhis a Private Message Add Kuhis to your buddy list Kuhis is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread