Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
Do you have any plans to make another fluffy 'Marta Music' mix for this summer?

I was actually putting one together last week. I got about 80 minutes in and it was flowing really well, then the next tune I played didn't work, I lost the flow and had no idea how to get to where I wanted to be at the end of the mix. And as yet, I've yet to figure out what to do with it.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Jul-19-2016 09:15  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Hah, l do love those little roadblocks that pop up; I look forward to the end result, once you get around it

Old Post Jul-19-2016 12:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

this forum is quiet because dance music in general is a bit shit right now, reminds me of about 10 years ago

Old Post Jul-19-2016 16:27  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
this forum is quiet because dance music in general is a bit shit right now, reminds me of about 10 years ago

This forum is quiet because the onset of social media provided a lot of new outlets that are more convenient for discussing and sharing music, along with the fact that Trance just simply isn't as popular as it used to be.

Old Post Jul-19-2016 16:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

I suppose I should post on-topic, as well.

SIT (Vlad Caia & Cristi Cons) have been the more interesting DJ's/producers for me in the past few months. They've taken the unique Romanian minimal techno sound and added a touch of melody to it, with sets that just glide along and make your feet keep shuffling. I have a feeling this kind of stuff might not be well-received here, but whatever. Shit's my jam.

https://soundcloud.com/amphia/sit-at-sunwaves-19

Edit: Honorable mention goes to Ion Ludwig, who puts together some outstanding live sets, such as this three-hour gem. https://soundcloud.com/ion-ludwig/i...g-live-club-der

Last edited by idoru on Jul-19-2016 at 16:46

Old Post Jul-19-2016 16:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by idoru
This forum is quiet because the onset of social media provided a lot of new outlets that are more convenient for discussing and sharing music, along with the fact that Trance just simply isn't as popular as it used to be.

fair point

Old Post Jul-19-2016 16:52  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:

I really don't get why someone would say that in 2016. The music is totally different to the minimal/electro dominance of 10 years ago. For all the hand-wringing about trance and progressive being dead, I hear more covert trance music now than ever.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Jul-19-2016 17:44  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
The music is totally different to the minimal/electro dominance of 10 years ago.

Those were some dark, dark times.

Afraid to Dream EP [Electronic Tree]

Old Post Jul-19-2016 18:14  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Don't agree at all. There isn't as much innovation as there used to be around 2009-2012 but the average quality has gotten really high. A lot of records coming out now would have been classic a few years ago but they are maybe getting a bit drowned out. When everything's good, nothing's great.

quote:

I think this has been brought up before - but what outlets? Reddit is shit for dance music discussion and the 'music discussion' in my Facebook feed is just people posting uncommented Youtube links and the occasional scene gossip and I have a lot of 'music people' on there.

quote:
SIT (Vlad Caia & Cristi Cons) have been the more interesting DJ's/producers for me in the past few months.

Honorable mention goes to Ion Ludwig

I bought the SIT records with 'Angels' on it, really great track. I also bought the Ion Ludwig album, that one track where he sampled a church choir is lovely. A lot of stuff from that scene seems painfully overhyped to me, like that french Hostom and Varhat stuff but some great records have come out of it. I would say I'm a techno DJ first and I still buy quite a bit of that stuff. Lovely record I bought recently is this one from a new german label - http://www.juno.co.uk/products/chri...e-ep/612692-01/

Adam(420) is super into that kinda stuff (he put me on a few of these labels) but he doesn't really post here anymore.

Old Post Jul-19-2016 19:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I really don't get why someone would say that in 2016. The music is totally different to the minimal/electro dominance of 10 years ago. For all the hand-wringing about trance and progressive being dead, I hear more covert trance music now than ever.

meh, thats just how i feel, not really talking about trance i guess more techno

if minimal/electro was dominating 10 years ago, what sound is dominating now?

Old Post Jul-19-2016 19:22  Ireland
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm really over 95% of that tooly boring dark berghain type stuff but I'm still finding lots of great techno to buy. Five years ago you couldn't find not nearly as many great melodic/detroit/dub/oldschool/trancy records.

I don't think there's a dominating sound anymore - that's the state of scene. Even the most fucking obscure artists that would have never gotten bookings a decade ago are touring now, there's basically a niche for everything. Like, think of that Oscar Suliman guy. No way in hell a Syrian wedding singer would have gotten gigs at major dance music festivals a decade ago! I think that's also why to some people, quality is declining - there are very little obvious classics anymore where everyone can agree they are great.

Old Post Jul-19-2016 19:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
surprime trainandict

There's a summer party series here done by gingy, and on the first bill was Claude young and stingray ( Avalon Emerson as well ) but I don't listen to her. It was refreshing to here Claude young play, house-disco-techno, scratching and some DJ tricks. Then stingray came and played some crazy electro. I suppose that's the sound that's doing it for me.

Old Post Jul-19-2016 19:46  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > What are you into into right now? [the all-purpose MD thread]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread