Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jashic
Senior tranceaddict

Soooo...what's everyone doing this Friday?

Old Post Oct-28-2010 17:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jashic Click here to Send jashic a Private Message Add jashic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

quote:
Originally posted by jashic
Soooo...what's everyone doing this Friday?

going to Pacha to play Hide the Jar

Old Post Oct-28-2010 17:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by Scoops
going to Pacha to play Hide the Jar

sound factory days i would almost kill myself stepping on a corner of jars on the dancefloor

Old Post Oct-28-2010 17:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Prodigy2380
tranceaddict in training

Just read this via their Facebook...

Old Post Oct-28-2010 18:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Prodigy2380 Click here to Send Prodigy2380 a Private Message Visit Prodigy2380's homepage! Add Prodigy2380 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
funk_ph3nomenon
tranceaddict in training

i had some really high hopes that whatever problems they had would be sorted out by the weekend but this is turning into such a bad joke now.

lets face it - they never should have advertised any ONE of these parties because they are no where NEAR opening. and who loses out - us clubbers and music fans!

where is radio slave (was suposed to be there friday)? what abotu sasha? circo loco - who knows where they will end up? not to mention all the other djs they have cancelled over the last few weeks!!

and i really really doubt lawler or paco will be there next weekend either

anyone can follow up on the Department of Buildings and the State Liquor authority websitse and see what is going on. they ahve not been given a certificate of occupancy and if u dont have that u dont have a liquor license, a cabaret, or any chance of even opening ur doors to the public!! why did they annouce these parties with out any of this i really dont understand.

and where is dsitrcit 36 explaining any of these - nowhere whatsoever.

i dont think they really give a shit about expliaing any of these problems - which to me is rude because a lot of people have been wanting to go to this club for a while now and keep getting disappointed!

Old Post Oct-28-2010 19:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for funk_ph3nomenon Click here to Send funk_ph3nomenon a Private Message Add funk_ph3nomenon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TaurusNYY
Techno says...Do this...

District 36
District 36 would like to publicly apologize for the unintended confusion surrounding the Paws For Style Halloween Event. We feel terrible about what happened on the evening of Wednesday, October 27, 2010. Due to permitting issues with the City of New York it would have been irresponsible, illegal, and in violation with our agreemen...t that was made with the community board to operate without all necessary licenses, permits and approvals. We were forced into a “Sophie’s Choice” between having the party or losing our club to a legal stipulation.
We would like to make good on our apology the moment we open and we would love to host an event for the Humane Society and Wendy Diamond. We are so deeply sorry for the distress that we have caused. The whole drama of getting a nightclub opened in NYC is quite unbelievable.

Most Sincerely,
Management of District 36

From Facebook

Old Post Oct-28-2010 19:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusNYY Click here to Send TaurusNYY a Private Message Add TaurusNYY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
funk_ph3nomenon
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by TaurusNYY
District 36
District 36 would like to publicly apologize for the unintended confusion surrounding the Paws For Style Halloween Event. We feel terrible about what happened on the evening of Wednesday, October 27, 2010. Due to permitting issues with the City of New York it would have been irresponsible, illegal, and in violation with our agreemen...t that was made with the community board to operate without all necessary licenses, permits and approvals. We were forced into a “Sophie’s Choice” between having the party or losing our club to a legal stipulation.
We would like to make good on our apology the moment we open and we would love to host an event for the Humane Society and Wendy Diamond. We are so deeply sorry for the distress that we have caused. The whole drama of getting a nightclub opened in NYC is quite unbelievable.

Most Sincerely,
Management of District 36

From Facebook

well there you have it i guess.

district 36 cares more about dogs than it does clubbers.

this is the first time ive ever seen any kind of explanaton whatsoever from them!

wow this is too much!!

oh and by the way why would u have a dog show come to a brand new club? what if a dog had pooped on one of Gary Stewarts new speakers hahaha

the shit would not have hit the fan, it would have hit the speaker

Old Post Oct-28-2010 19:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for funk_ph3nomenon Click here to Send funk_ph3nomenon a Private Message Add funk_ph3nomenon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
[i][b]Originally posted by pyro264jb [/i

I hate to say this but if Mike Bindra was running this place it would be a whole different story. You can say what you want about made, but those guys wrote the book on club / party management

i dont even think he could help at this point lol altho he did get the permits to run e-zoo and all those pvd in central park events etc

i wonder what has been going on with made? they been kinda quiet
and kinda suprised they arent takeing the tallent d36 was suppose to have and booking them else where or something

if i were d36 i wouldnt book no more dj's till this place is open for sure, they are makeing themselves look very unprofessional imo
and its a shame that you had to go over to the club to find out it was closed this weekend, instead of them not posting it on their website or sending out emails

Old Post Oct-28-2010 19:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ozmotion
Junior tranceaddict

quote:

i dont even think he could help at this point lol altho he did get the permits to run e-zoo and all those pvd in central park events etc

im guessing it's more difficult to open a club in the middle of midtown than it is to do a one-off on an isolated island. im not discounting the effort that went into throwing those events, but i think the bureaucratic hurdles for a permanent venue are probably greater.

Old Post Oct-28-2010 20:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ozmotion Click here to Send ozmotion a Private Message Add ozmotion to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EliPsE
Gabi Diva

It'd be funny if they got it right after Halloween just so the city can be assholes and the club can lose revenue.

Old Post Oct-28-2010 20:49  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for EliPsE Click here to Send EliPsE a Private Message Visit EliPsE's homepage! Add EliPsE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by EliPsE
It'd be funny if they got it right after Halloween just so the city can be assholes and the club can lose revenue.

thanksgiving eve is actually one of the biggest nights also for clubs
if they still arent open by then i dunno how much $ d36 will be in the hole but it wont be pretty

Old Post Oct-28-2010 20:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jashic
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by funk_ph3nomenon
well there you have it i guess.

district 36 cares more about dogs than it does clubbers.

this is the first time ive ever seen any kind of explanaton whatsoever from them!

wow this is too much!!

oh and by the way why would u have a dog show come to a brand new club? what if a dog had pooped on one of Gary Stewarts new speakers hahaha

the shit would not have hit the fan, it would have hit the speaker

That's because Dog Show's will never return while no matter how much we are all whining now, we'll all be there opening night anyways.

Old Post Oct-28-2010 21:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jashic Click here to Send jashic a Private Message Add jashic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackClub hit from late 90's or early 2000's?? [2011] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVolga Select - "Les Années Des Plombs" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread