Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 177 - What shenanigans are you planning?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

There was this Pizza Hut a 5 minute walk from my dorm when I was there, so that was my go-to hangover spot.

Pretty much the only reason why I had that was because it was the closest fast food place nearby that I could order online beforehand lol.

Old Post Sep-16-2018 00:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
I was all about the kebab for my UK hangovers. These days I tend to crave eggs though.

Oh mate, the problem with the kebab is that A) you're going to feel so much worse and B) you never know what meat it is.

One time, I asked the guy what meat it was and he just shrugged and said "meat". I don' think he knew. It tasted like roadkill. Probably was.

Old Post Sep-16-2018 00:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Oh mate, the problem with the kebab is that A) you're going to feel so much worse and B) you never know what meat it is.

One time, I asked the guy what meat it was and he just shrugged and said "meat". I don' think he knew. It tasted like roadkill. Probably was.

Anywhere I live, I make a point of scouting the local kebab joints so I know which ones are decent. Did it for years. Because yeah, there is really nothing worse than a dodgy kebab.

Old Post Sep-16-2018 01:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I signed up for a CSA Box (community supported agriculture) where every week or two you get a full box of fresh vegetables and fruits directly from local farms. The great part about it is that it's pretty much random (although you have the ability to modify your box online before you get it - I swapped okra for turnips) so when you get your box you are essentially forced to cook or prepare these foods quickly so that they don't spoil and you take advantage of the farm freshness.

Today I spent almost 3 hours in the kitchen preparing butternut squash soup and the most incredible mixed greens with bacon and onions. Straight up down home southern food (except the chicken was seared and baked instead of fried) that made the kitchen smell amazing. I've been trying to make more conscious decisions to get my ingredients locally and without preservatives and added bullshit. So far I haven't regretted my decision.

Anyone else doing the farm to table thing?

Set Archive

Old Post Sep-16-2018 02:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

I take full advantage of my parent's large garden every year.

Whenever it's picking time for potatoes and leeks, I make a big pot of potato and leek soup. When it's time to pick the eggplants, I make eggplant parmesan. Tomatoes are always in season at the middle/end of summer and a lot of my tomato sauces are made using those. My parents pawn off their green and yellow beans to me like there's no tomorrow, it's almost like we eat beans 3-4/7 days of the week. All sorts of different ways we eat em as well - with mozzarella, lightly fried in olive oil w/ almonds, just plain ol' boiled with some honey, etc.

That's as close as I get to farm to table, persay. I should take full advantage of our local farmer's market as it's really close to where we live, but we never get around to it.

Old Post Sep-16-2018 03:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Ugh, yes. Love it when mine or a family members garden overproduces and I get to reap the benefits. I have two little raised beds where I plant tomatoes in one and peppers in the other. This year my tomatoes have been shit (and nicked by the local squirrels and rabbits) but my ghost pepper plant was an absolute beast. I made some totally insane hot sauce so I'll mark it as a win. Previous years have given me better tomatoes and jalapenos though so I need to improve the quality of my soil methinks.

I need to get a farmers almanac and figure out the proper times to plant and harvest various vegetables in my region and upgrade my shitty little garden.

Set Archive

Old Post Sep-16-2018 03:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Yeah we only just this summer started hitting up the Farmer's market every Saturday morning for fresh fruit and veg and all kinds of other local goodies. We are surrounded by farms, it's pretty silly that we haven't been buying immediately local until now. Just last week I was out for a drive not even 10 minutes outside of town, and drove past a very busy farm stand.

The Farmer's market runs indoors during the winter as well, looking forward to the seasonal offerings.

Old Post Sep-16-2018 03:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

As I understand it, it's meat that is chemically scoured from the bones of carcasses after all the proper cuts have been taken. Then it's processed, seasoned and reformed into those great rotating cylinders of amorphous brown shit we all know and regret. At that stage, it basically doesn't matter what it was originally.

The last time I had a kebab was in Berlin. We were staying in Neukolln which has a big Turkish immigrant population, and we'd read about how you have to try an authentic Turkish kebab while you're there. So we found this Turkish joint and ordered a kebab. It turned out to be the exact same horrendous shit you find on any British high street at 3am. The worst thing was that we hadn't even been drinking, and eating one while sobre really hammers home just how bad they really are. So if you're ever in Berlin, don't believe that particular piece of hype.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Sep-16-2018 at 19:30

Old Post Sep-16-2018 14:53  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

lmao, "authentic turkish kebap". It's authentic in the way western chinese food is authentic, it's basically it's own thing. The döner-kepab as is now popular in Europe was actually invented in Berlin.

And yeah, if you're getting meat with it, it's going to be awful. The going rate here is around 2,5 to 4,5 euros, at that price it's just not possible for these small shops to source meat that isn't ghastly. No one wants to or can pay the price that it would cause to source decent meat, which would probably put the price closer to 10 euros than 5.

Old Post Sep-16-2018 20:16 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky

Yeah so like I said, lots of idiots sided with the Confederates but we were never officially Confederates since most of us agreed with the Union.

I've been reading up on it, and it's quite interesting. We study very little about the Civil War here, like I said, and I'm trying to "fill this gap" now.
quote:
Originally posted by Woony
The döner-kepab as is now popular in Europe was actually invented in Berlin.

That's pretty standard, actually.

Most "authentic" chinese food, such as chop suey, is actually from the US. Hell, even Brazilian wax, as foreigners know it, definitely wasn't used like that in Brazil until we re-learned from Americans.

Old Post Sep-16-2018 21:23  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
lmao, "authentic turkish kebap". It's authentic in the way western chinese food is authentic, it's basically it's own thing. The döner-kepab as is now popular in Europe was actually invented in Berlin.

And yeah, if you're getting meat with it, it's going to be awful. The going rate here is around 2,5 to 4,5 euros, at that price it's just not possible for these small shops to source meat that isn't ghastly. No one wants to or can pay the price that it would cause to source decent meat, which would probably put the price closer to 10 euros than 5.

Loved Mustafa's Gemuese Kebab Best one that I ate while I was in Berlin. There was a guy choping kepab meat with a sword.

+ Berliner Pielsner for full experience

Old Post Sep-17-2018 08:31  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
As I understand it, it's meat that is chemically scoured from the bones of carcasses after all the proper cuts have been taken. Then it's processed, seasoned and reformed into those great rotating cylinders of amorphous brown shit we all know and regret. At that stage, it basically doesn't matter what it was originally.

The last time I had a kebab was in Berlin. We were staying in Neukolln which has a big Turkish immigrant population, and we'd read about how you have to try an authentic Turkish kebab while you're there. So we found this Turkish joint and ordered a kebab. It turned out to be the exact same horrendous shit you find on any British high street at 3am. The worst thing was that we hadn't even been drinking, and eating one while sobre really hammers home just how bad they really are. So if you're ever in Berlin, don't believe that particular piece of hype.

Fucking Christ. I knew they were bad but not tht horrific. Basically sounds like chemically seasoned offal.

I'm glad I haven't eaten one for over a decade and eating one sober will make you never eat another one again.

Old Post Sep-17-2018 18:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 177 - What shenanigans are you planning?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread