Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite non Prog/Trance mixes
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

Favorite non Prog/Trance mixes

I am looking for people to recommend their favorite mixes outside of the trance/prog genre. I dont need anymore of those. Some of my favorites:

CJ Bolland 94 essential mix, Leftfield 94 EM, FSOL 93 EM, LTJ Bukem 96 EM, grandfather paradox, Rodhad RA 2013 amsterdam, Ben Klock boiler room, weatherall EM 96.

I am definitely on the lookout for anything daring, innovative, and good and I am open to just about any genre outside of Trance/Prog.

Thanks guys.

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Sep-27-2017 03:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't have a lot of mixes on my hard drive, the ones's I keep are all classics for me. Here's a few.

Delta Funktionen - Doornroosje 2010: Delta Funktionen before he went all chicago-acid-y. 3 hours of sloooow, deeeep buildup. One of best warmup sets/mixes I've ever heard.

Peter Van Hoesen - mnml ssgs fnl 1/2: Amazing long, deep, melodic mix.

DVS1 - Eleven Tokyo 2013: Five hours of live recorded DVS1 in top form!

DJ Disko - E-Werk 1997: Absolutely ridiculous how well this mix holds up 20 years later, every track is a bomb that shits all over most modern techno. The selection and DJing are way ahead of it's time. Also features E-Werk crowd noise!

Donato Dozzy - Labyrinth 2008 pt. 1/2: Another long deep-techno masterclass.

Polo - Kann mix 8 - I'm posting this just because it's one of the few live recorded set's online that I actually attended This was recorded at the Giegling christmas party 2015 at Berghain. Not all of the set got recorded but a good chunk of it. This virtually guy just came on and totally killed it with hours of great detroit-y sounding techno. Towards the end he drops a ten-minute Minilogue track, you can count the amount of DJs that have the balls to do that in a packed club on one or two hands. The DJ after him didn't show up which means he played for another one or two hours and went into total dancefloor destruction, which sadly didn't get recorded.

Scuba vs SCB - RA198: This was really influential for me at the time, 50% dubstep, 50% techno. Many classics from an incredibly creative period. Perfect mixing and sequencing..

Mala b2b Loefah - Fwd 2006: I don't know if you are into dubstep but this got posted on Blackdown's blog with commentary a few years ago. Amazing document from dubstep's peak era.

Old Post Sep-27-2017 08:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

Thanks woony. The dubstep rec is perfect because no way I would even know how to go about finding a good dubstep mix from an era i missed almost entirely. Gonna go and try and get a hold of these.

Hope someone else has some recs.

Old Post Sep-27-2017 21:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Roland Casper @ Warehouse 93'
Andy Weatherall 93' EM
CJ Bolland - Technodrome 10.1995 (his 94' EM is also one of my favs.)
Billy Nasty 94' and 96' EMs
Blu Peter 97' EM
Adam X - Live @ Descension - 1994-03-19 Milwaukee, @ Nasa May 93'
Luke Slater - DJ Set - Maybank Festival 1993
Biochip C. - Decadence DBN NYE 96 Side B (live PA)
Seal Phüric @ Ravolution 38, Acid Love (if you like this one, I'd check more Seal Phuric sets from 93' and 94' and other similar sets from the Belgium acid scene (D-Jack, Pat Vision, Acid Kirk, etc.) from the early-mid 90's (hard acid, techno)

All of the above can be found on Youtube or Soundcloud, and you can check Soulseek for more, if interested.

Some modern ones:

live pa:

Last edited by AlphaStarred on Sep-27-2017 at 23:56

Old Post Sep-27-2017 22:59  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

Thanks for those recs! I will definitely check them out!

Hopefully there are some people who like house sets bc so far we have gotten a lot of techno recs. I am also guilty of this since i naturally seem to prefer techno to house anyway. For some reason, there seems to be a lot of crossover in people like trance and techno but not as much in people liking trance and house, the real stuff not the proggy variety.

Old Post Sep-27-2017 23:10  United States
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

I still quite like this Scuba 2012 FACT Mix

https://soundcloud.com/factmag/fact...53-scuba-oct-12

Old Post Sep-28-2017 10:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by paulversuspaul
Thanks for those recs! I will definitely check them out!

Hopefully there are some people who like house sets bc so far we have gotten a lot of techno recs. I am also guilty of this since i naturally seem to prefer techno to house anyway. For some reason, there seems to be a lot of crossover in people like trance and techno but not as much in people liking trance and house, the real stuff not the proggy variety.

A few from my harddrive.

Shed - 35 Degrees Hit Mix.
Eric Cloutier - Driftwood Mix
John Osborn - Panoramabar 2010
John Osborn - Panoramabar 2011
Manamana - Oe 2009
Manamana - Nachtdigital 2012
Mike Huckaby - RA Podcast
Nicolas Lutz - XLR8450
Prosumer - RA 70
SCB b2b John Osborn - ssg special

Old Post Sep-28-2017 15:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

Thanks guys! much appreciated.

AlphaStarred, that casper mix had me chair raving. Nice.

Lews, i really like that scuba mix you offered.

Woony, im still going through some of your suggestions but that driftwood mix "kisses fingers". Amazing. Those tracks are some of the best real house i have heard. I wasnt even familiar with the label. Holy shit. How the fuck had I never heard of this label? I went through their catalog and its downright filthy how good it is.

Old Post Sep-30-2017 06:36  United States
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Driftwood has been legendary in deep house circles for a long time. It's quality is only rivalled by the prices of these records, they've been ludicrously expensive for like 15 years. I hope they get reissued in vinyl and digital one day so everyone can enjoy them, people have been screaming about it for years.

If you like Driftwood, also check Plastic City from around 1997-2005 and The Timewriter and Terr Lee Brown Jr. (the guys who did Driftwood)

Old Post Sep-30-2017 09:34 
OrangestO
–30–

Thanks for the heads up on the Driftwood Mix, Woony. So beautiful.

Saw Cloutier a few times this summer - once for a house set and another time for techno - and became an even bigger fan.

I'm grateful he releases his sets for download

Old Post Sep-30-2017 12:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

https://soundcloud.com/delsinrecord...ation-ep-126dsr

btw on the topic of Driftwood, the b2 on here has a total oldschool tech house / Timewriter-feel.

Old Post Sep-30-2017 19:00 
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by Woony

DJ Disko - E-Werk 1997: Absolutely ridiculous how well this mix holds up 20 years later, every track is a bomb that shits all over most modern techno. The selection and DJing are way ahead of it's time. Also features E-Werk crowd noise!

Fuck me.... Now that is a rave. This is one of the best techno mixes i have ever heard. God the talking over nearly ruins it though

Old Post Oct-01-2017 09:32  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Favorite non Prog/Trance mixes
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread