Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Airwave (Lolo) Appreciation Thread
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DaylightMoon
I'm a huge Airwave fan but I honestly think it's time for him to stop DJing and start performing. He can comfortably do it with the amount of work he has. I mean, seeing him play Fight 643 at these live events is getting old.

That's just part of his classic set, one day later at Luminosity his album release set (which I missed as I thought they wouldn't upload it).

I love those classic remixes like Antidote - What Time Is Love (Inspired Mix) here near the end and The Age of Love (Astral Projection Remix) which JOOF played in the following set.

quote:
Originally posted by Titanium
I dont think it would be difficult to obtain a copy from Laurent he may have the original master.

Obviously he has, but that doesn't mean he'll sell it directly, doesn't it?

Anoikis vs. Jerom - Leave Behind (Extended Mix) [M.I.K.E. Push Studio - Blackhole Recordings], click here

Old Post Dec-30-2017 12:58  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
n0bben
-

Have to say this is one of the finest remixes ive heard for quite some time...

Airwave - Amber Sky (Basil O'Glue Remix)

Last edited by n0bben on Jan-01-2018 at 19:49

Old Post Jan-01-2018 15:22  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for n0bben Click here to Send n0bben a Private Message Add n0bben to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't think it;s quite fair to bash Laurent for doing more gigs and maybe distancing himself on social media.

Anyone that was involved in conversations here with him (and he used to post a lot) knows he went through some really difficult stuff with his family, and I don't blame the guy for trying to put bread on the table, especially when he's one of the few guys that's truly earned his place. It may require a bit of selling out, but he's not going to go full trance-step and EDM on us, and at least he's still rooted in the classics. Just look at the age of crowds in some of those videos; a lot of people in their 30's and even 40's, people who grew up with that music first time around. I hope he does cash in on the name he's built, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

i do think he should perform his own music but having said that it becomes a cost efficiency thing; it's bloody expensive to put on a live tour, whereas just DJing requires you to turn up with a couple of USB sticks these days. Not to mention, when it's your own tour, all the liability is on you. Have a slow gig? Oh well the club will make it back next night/week. Have a slow live gig? Suddenly you're out tens of thousands.

Old Post Jan-07-2018 20:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

I don't think anyone is bashing him. I think it's good for him he changed priorities a bit. Probably was about time he did.
Despite that it was nice for us when he was closer to his fans, I think it's okay to say that. It's just a fact.

Anoikis vs. Jerom - Leave Behind (Extended Mix) [M.I.K.E. Push Studio - Blackhole Recordings], click here

Old Post Jan-07-2018 21:57  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
I don't think it;s quite fair to bash Laurent for doing more gigs and maybe distancing himself on social media.

Anyone that was involved in conversations here with him (and he used to post a lot) knows he went through some really difficult stuff with his family, and I don't blame the guy for trying to put bread on the table, especially when he's one of the few guys that's truly earned his place. It may require a bit of selling out, but he's not going to go full trance-step and EDM on us, and at least he's still rooted in the classics. Just look at the age of crowds in some of those videos; a lot of people in their 30's and even 40's, people who grew up with that music first time around. I hope he does cash in on the name he's built, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

i do think he should perform his own music but having said that it becomes a cost efficiency thing; it's bloody expensive to put on a live tour, whereas just DJing requires you to turn up with a couple of USB sticks these days. Not to mention, when it's your own tour, all the liability is on you. Have a slow gig? Oh well the club will make it back next night/week. Have a slow live gig? Suddenly you're out tens of thousands.

Well said.

Old Post Jan-07-2018 23:11  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

On January, 19th, after 4 years the Jam & Spoon - Odyssey to Anyoona (Airwave Remix) will be released (among two others).

Old Post Jan-09-2018 20:22  Netherlands
Viber
In Search Of Unicorns

I really like this track. I'm so glad he's still around

Old Post Jan-10-2018 12:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Viber Click here to Send Viber a Private Message Add Viber to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Titanium
Supreme tranceaddict

Nice to see the remix finally get released

Old Post Jan-11-2018 08:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Titanium Click here to Send Titanium a Private Message Add Titanium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The Airwave (Lolo) Appreciation Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread