Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The "talk about your last night out" thread
Pages (39): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Chris Leibing fucking blows now. So incredibly boring, hard to understand why he's so successful.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Dec-01-2014 19:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

It's J00F open to close this weekend, even if I have to make a 600 mile round trip to attend. And then after that, the next party is this on NYD: http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Lee...s-NYD/12263038/

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Dec-01-2014 19:30  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Tried to see Convextion two weeks ago, but sadly he happened to play at the same time as the yearly Drumcode party at Berghain. Went there around 16.00 on sunday, expected maybe a 15-20 minute queue. Had to wait 1,5 hours in the end, I was fucking baffled. Never seen such a ridiculous queue around that time of the day. Then the wrong bouncer at the door and didn't get in. Oh well.

Went to a party at Ohm (used to be called shift) this friday, a small club next to Tresor. The lineup was very understated/local, the guys behind the LACK label, Metropolis (one half of Artefakt) live and a friend of mine. Warmup guy played fairly pleasant detroit-y midrange house and techno. The live was almost exclusively electro with a heavy acid focus but the acid was used in a deep/emotional rather than a harsh, energetic way. Very nice stuff, hope some of these tracks get released eventually. My friend played a fairly typical (for him) mix of old and new detroit-y, sometimes dark, sometimes bright, techno at fairly high speed (mid 130s). He even dropped this, which made me rush for an ID. Not every day that you hear old prog inbetween rather serious techno Turnout was fairly good for this type of night, even though it got emptier later on.

Old Post Dec-01-2014 23:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

So, Saturday was J00F from open to close, a 6 hour set. I was pretty surprised by how he went about this kind of set – I was very interested in how he’d handle the warm-up section of the night, and hopefully play some of the deeper prog sound you hear on his radio show. As it happened he didn’t really warm-up at all. For the first 45 minutes he just played cinematic downtempo stuff, including some tracks from the downtempo disc he did on the last 00.db album. Then when the room had filled up he turned on the Funktion One and went straight into some banging prog, and within half an hour was lamping out some heavy duty techno. From there the set basically stayed in peak-time mode all night, although he kept things interesting by moving constantly between techno, trance, psy and plenty of classics so things never got boring. There were a couple of spells of forgettable duggah-duggah psy that made me leave the dancefloor and sit down, but the aforementioned variety of the set meant it was never too monotonous. Highlights of the night included the absolute dancefloor pandemonium when he dropped the Hardfloor remix of Yeke Yeke, the driving spaciness of Human Blue’s Accessoire, and a moment of unapologetic eyes-closed trance trousers bliss for me when he played Suburban Train. I was a slightly disappointed that he didn’t play more of the deep stuff, but it’s rare you get to hear five hours of peak time energy like this these days, and few people do it better than J00F.

Old Post Dec-09-2014 15:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
Chris Leibing fucking blows now. So incredibly boring, hard to understand why he's so successful.

like a lot of DJs that used to be good hes living off his name now - id never bother to see him again

Old Post Dec-09-2014 17:03  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

Just got back from Nick Warren, who was booked at an undisclosed warehouse location here in SF (and really the only reason I went, as it draws in an entirely different crowd than the more upscale venues that headliners like him get booked at).

Anyway, I've long-since written off Warren's variety of progressive house as dead, and maybe it was just mainly the atmosphere, but he was sounding amazing all the way through. Typical enthusiastic, friendly-faced Warren, and a great night out. Also, if anyone can perhaps score me an ID here:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?...&type=3&theater

Also, one thing tonight made me remember was just how much breakdowns can kill the mood.

Last edited by Paradox Lost on Dec-14-2014 at 14:56

Old Post Dec-14-2014 14:50  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lockedgroove
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Paradox Lost
Also, if anyone can perhaps score me an ID here:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?...&type=3&theater

Old Post Dec-14-2014 14:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for lockedgroove Click here to Send lockedgroove a Private Message Add lockedgroove to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

quote:
Originally posted by lockedgroove

Lol, nice response time; so grateful for trainspotters.

Old Post Dec-14-2014 14:58  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

So last night I saw No Regular Play. I saw them a few months ago as well at a different club here in Denver and they drew a much larger crowd. Was a little surprised at the low turnout.

It was a good show none the less. They played live so they had the trumpet going etc. The only thing that sucked was how long they took to come on. they came on a little after midnight (we have 2am closes here).

that and our local warm up dj's are horrible so the less time i have to listen to them the better.

Old Post Dec-14-2014 17:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Floorfiller Click here to Send Floorfiller a Private Message Visit Floorfiller's homepage! Add Floorfiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Went to the Berghain 10th anniversary party yesterday. Expected the worst so I went decently early, around noon. Had to wait maybe thirty minutes to get in, inside it was reasonably busy but still enough space on the floor. DJ Skull played a pretty good set, lots of chicago in the beginning as expected but some nice chord-ish modern tracks as well. He got quite hard in the end with tracks like Technasia's 'Acid Storm'.
Steffi absolutely killed it, instantly one of my favorite sets of the year. She started out in very sparse 90s style but then started a nerverending chain of 90's classics and killer modern tracks till the end.
DVS1 always starts out good and then he either gets super deep or really fast and loud. He went fast and loud this time and 138bpm on a system in the reds was a bit too much for me. Also it was insanely packed by that time.
Marcel Fengler and Ben UFO both were a bit dissapointing, although from my experience I know that Fengler isn't that great at playing bang-out peaktime sets.

I didn't hear the Dettmann/Klock b2b but apparently they just finished. They stopped letting people without stamp in somewhere in the evening, which is a pretty reasonable policy for an event like this I think.

Apart from Steffi the highlight was the new 'Electroacoustic Salon' floor they premiered. It's in a part of the building that's usually closed. I went in there not expecting much but I was honestly speechless as soon as I went in there. People say the Berghain floor is huge but that room was probably twice as big. The ceiling must have been at least 50 meters high. An industrial cathedral. It's meant to be a chillout room, lots of benches and seating all over the room. The music was pretty much everything non-dancefloor EDM, from the sloooow moving ambient of Wolfgang Voigt to trip-hop and jazz later on. It was surprisingly 'busy' (ie. all the seating occupied) the whole time and I saw quite a few people really get into the ambient of Wolfang Voigt. The acoustics would be pretty terrible for bassdrum-focussed music, but hearing ambient in that big of a room is an experience. I think I found your dream-dj gig, Jack

Old Post Dec-15-2014 14:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
I think I found your dream-dj gig, Jack

Fucking Berlin. This is why everyone moves there. I already want to play in the garden at About Blank.

Old Post Dec-15-2014 15:00  England
lacksesepsotygh
;B

quote:
Originally posted by lonne
Nice thread. I approve.

Went to a club called Slakthuset ( Slaughterhouse ) last weekend and saw Evigt Mörker and Milton Bradley.

i didn't go to that one, but i there for joey beltram (6/12) (which fucking sucked) and etapp kyle + the karbon residents (12/12) which was great.

i honestly didn't know joey beltram played this bad. besides energy flash, wisdom to the wise, bx3 and mentasm, everything else he played was just whitenoise drenched drivle which just reaked of stale "EDM".

Old Post Dec-15-2014 20:19  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for lacksesepsotygh Click here to Send lacksesepsotygh a Private Message Visit lacksesepsotygh's homepage! Add lacksesepsotygh to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The "talk about your last night out" thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (39): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread