Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > NYC Visitors Thread / Important Links / Have a question? ASK HERE!
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SkooB_E
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Calling out to all New Yorkers!

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
Did you get to check out all the museums? MoMA is free on Friday after 6 pm and it has a Matisse exhibit going on until October. The Brooklyn Museum has great exhibits consistently, I think they are closing the Andy Wharhol exhibit on Sept 12th, and I'm sure something just as awesome will replace it. There's also PS1 (the Contemporary Art museum) in Queens, they are showing there a collection of NYC artists.

Sounds interesting. I've also tried to visit The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum but it was closed, so I thnk I'll check that out this time.

Are there any good lounges or bars where I could just chill out maybe somewhere by the water?

Old Post Sep-05-2010 14:35  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for SkooB_E Click here to Send SkooB_E a Private Message Add SkooB_E to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

Re: Re: Re: Calling out to all New Yorkers!

quote:
Originally posted by SkooB_E
Sounds interesting. I've also tried to visit The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum but it was closed, so I thnk I'll check that out this time.

Are there any good lounges or bars where I could just chill out maybe somewhere by the water?

Water Taxi Beach in Long Island City on the weekends, it's close to PS1. They have big parties every once in a while.

Check out South Street Seaport... lots of bars and restaurants. Sequoia has a nice bar and a deck by the water. There's also a place (don't remember the name) inside the mall with tables by the water, last time I went they had all-you-can-eat mussels for like $20.

Old Post Sep-07-2010 22:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Groundhog Boy
Stupidity Offends Me

quote:
Originally posted by shuni
thanks for the advice guys, it really help us out, as far as parties and clubing im definetly going to the hot natured one and i'll try going to cielo, my friends aren't that much into edm, im also looking for tickets to cake in central park, vampire weekend in radio city.
one of my friends is really interested in going to a yankees game, how difficult or expensive is to get tickets, i saw some on ticketmaster for 30 dlls but i cant get the webpage to let me get them.
what places should i go in the other boroughs?
we're planning on renting a car for a weekend but we havent decided where to yet, boston, DC, philly, vermont?
thanks!!!

Since I mentioned the Drumcode party, I might as well point out that it's now been moved if you haven't seen. District 36 isn't opening next weekend, so it's at a TBA location (likely in Brooklyn or LIC, but they'll announce it on Thursday via email). They also added Alexi Delano to the lineup of Ida Engberg, Adam Beyer, and Taimur & Fahad.

Here you go America you are free to do as we tell you
We want your soul
Your cash, your house, your phone, your cash, your house, your life" -Adam Freeland - We Want Your Soul

Old Post Sep-12-2010 19:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Groundhog Boy Click here to Send Groundhog Boy a Private Message Add Groundhog Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

My friend just made me aware of a very affordable hotel in the city so
I figured I would post it here:

The Pod Hotel

http://www.thepodhotel.com/index.php

Rooms start at around 100$, mostly good for young travelers on a budget. The rooms are modern and clean but very basic.

Has anyone ever stayed here?

Old Post Nov-09-2010 18:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
colibri
Supreme tranceaddict

the city has lots ofree bugs to take back home as a souvenir or even as pets

colibri, febrero MMV

Last edited by colibri on Nov-10-2010 at 03:01

Old Post Nov-10-2010 02:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for colibri Click here to Send colibri a Private Message Visit colibri's homepage! Add colibri to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria
My friend just made me aware of a very affordable hotel in the city so
I figured I would post it here:

The Pod Hotel

http://www.thepodhotel.com/index.php

Rooms start at around 100$, mostly good for young travelers on a budget. The rooms are modern and clean but very basic.

Has anyone ever stayed here?

I've heard about it a lot. The rooms are tiny, though, just like the "cabins" @ The Jane (which are a lot more expensive). I like the Hotel 17 better (I've stayed there a couple of times before I moved to NY), you still share bathrooms but the place is impeccable, has a lot of character and history (one of Woody Allen's films was made there, and Madonna used to live there) and it's a couple of blocks away from Union Square. Rates start from $85/night and they have a sister property on 31st & Park as well.

I've heard good things about the Chelsea Inn too.

Old Post Nov-10-2010 05:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
I've heard about it a lot. The rooms are tiny, though, just like the "cabins" @ The Jane (which are a lot more expensive). I like the Hotel 17 better (I've stayed there a couple of times before I moved to NY), you still share bathrooms but the place is impeccable, has a lot of character and history (one of Woody Allen's films was made there, and Madonna used to live there) and it's a couple of blocks away from Union Square. Rates start from $85/night and they have a sister property on 31st & Park as well.

I've heard good things about the Chelsea Inn too.

Yea they are tiny, basically made for someone who only goes there to sleep and shower and that's it. I will tell my friend about the ones you mentioned. She is visiting from Portland this coming March.

Old Post Nov-11-2010 16:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

robbie rivera pacha 1/15

hey all west coast TA over here. gonna be out in NYC for first time ever, hope to meet some of you there! tips for first time visitor?

Old Post Dec-22-2010 03:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
09vdubgti
Supreme tranceaddict

ohh nice i love RR

Old Post Dec-22-2010 04:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 09vdubgti Click here to Send 09vdubgti a Private Message Add 09vdubgti to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

you'll get mixed tips here
a lot of people will say "don't go to pacha"
i'm probably one of those people...
but i think you'll have a lot of fun in new york, and find a lot of parties to check out without a doubt.
are you a circus or avalon type of guy in ta in la?

Old Post Dec-22-2010 04:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

NYTA Visitors thread:
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...&forumid=26&s=1

Old Post Dec-22-2010 14:11  United States
bigperf
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
you'll get mixed tips here
a lot of people will say "don't go to pacha"
i'm probably one of those people...
but i think you'll have a lot of fun in new york, and find a lot of parties to check out without a doubt.
are you a circus or avalon type of guy in ta in la?

ya ive seen you post over there. i just now paid attention to your Screename makes sense now!

i dont like either circus or avalon, but will brave it to go see my favorites. i dont like the washers. and i'd much rather be at a club with a dress code(vegas) than a club without one(circus).

guess i just gotta watch out for the guido's huh? but then again my ancestry is italian on my fathers side so...maybe i'll guido it up too.

can anyone tell me as to the "neighborhood" or any landmarks near pacha? midtown manhattan? want to use the kayak neighborhood feature to help me track hotels.
Im sure the subway system in NYC would get me to pacha fine, so if anyone has any recommendations of places to stay that wont break the bank, i'd appreciate feedback.
Thanks all.

Old Post Dec-22-2010 21:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bigperf Click here to Send bigperf a Private Message Add bigperf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > NYC Visitors Thread / Important Links / Have a question? ASK HERE!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread