Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Md
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
noikeee
dubstep convert

Red face Md

the MD population nowadays consists of 3 major groups:

1) newbies who listen to epic trance. they use and abuse the word "cheese". they believe dj sammy, scooter and lasgo are the devils who must be destroyed. they believe tiesto, armin, paul van dyk and ferry are the gods who must be praised and honoured for all eternity.

2) "veteran TAs" (as like, registered for at least a year) who listen to the "good" epic trance. typically have once been part of 1). out of the 4 divine trance entities, they must hate at least one of them and honour another. they also use and abuse the word "cheese". they love posting in threads about why trance is dead. they hate "mcprog", and may or not like progressive.

3) jaded "veteran TAs" who tipically have once been part of 1) and 2). they don't like trance anymore, or like only trance from a specifical time period (usually pre-96, or around 99/2000). they're big fans of either techno, breaks, electro, acid or some sort of mixture of these genres. they just don't have a clue of where to get info about it, so they stick around here. i'm part of this group.

was trying to generalize so much that forgot the mcprog radio show fanatics and progressive fans in this ladder.. umm, they're between 2) and 3)

this is going to get ugly, but tonight COR is really boring. it's not like this is particularly interesting neither, but discuss.

Old Post Feb-26-2005 22:32  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for noikeee Click here to Send noikeee a Private Message Visit noikeee's homepage! Add noikeee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Love savant

Ah the joys of stereotyping.

Old Post Feb-26-2005 22:36  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Orbax
Supreme tranceaddict

You forgot

5) CORe Whores: Dont even know what the fuck Music Discussion is for

and cant count

Old Post Feb-26-2005 22:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Orbax Click here to Send Orbax a Private Message Add Orbax to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

Trance?

Oh yeah, now I remember

Old Post Feb-26-2005 22:40  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sunsnail
Global Moderator

it took me 5 minutes to realize wtf MD meant...... was thinking minidisc

http://cache.techie-buzz.com/images/stories/ExtractFramesFromGIFImages_AC55/animated_gif_movies.gif

Old Post Feb-26-2005 23:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunsnail Click here to Send Sunsnail a Private Message Add Sunsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr. Pink
Furiously Happy

Rasta

im so confused

Old Post Feb-26-2005 23:19  Puerto Rico
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Pink Click here to Send Mr. Pink a Private Message Visit Mr. Pink's homepage! Add Mr. Pink to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
noikeee
dubstep convert

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Ah the joys of stereotyping.

If you're not part of any of these groups, you don't exist.

Old Post Feb-26-2005 23:21  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for noikeee Click here to Send noikeee a Private Message Visit noikeee's homepage! Add noikeee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Love savant

quote:
Originally posted by paranoik0
If you're not part of any of these groups, you don't exist.

With other people pigeonholing me as it is, there's no need for me to do it as well.

Old Post Feb-26-2005 23:23  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
noikeee
dubstep convert

6) People who have an unique perspective on music, with infinite knowledge of genres and labels, with the best musical taste ever known to an human being. this category belongs to the only one mighty sand leaper.

happy now?

Old Post Feb-26-2005 23:31  Portugal
Krypton
83.798 g/6.022x10^23

im number 3. im getting into breakbeats, and electro, but im stuck finding it.

Old Post Feb-26-2005 23:32  Korea-Democratic Peoples Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for Krypton Click here to Send Krypton a Private Message Visit Krypton's homepage! Add Krypton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Love savant

quote:
Originally posted by paranoik0
6) People who have an unique perspective on music, with infinite knowledge of genres and labels, with the best musical taste ever known to an human being. this category belongs to the only one mighty sand leaper.

Yay I got my own category

Old Post Feb-26-2005 23:37  Norway
bas
Stronger Lover

quote:
Originally posted by ::TranceVanDyk::
im number 3. im getting into breakbeats, and electro, but im stuck finding it.

really? im into breaks electro i hve no trouble at all finding it. listen to the essential mixes more often they hve some good talent on there. anyone check out radio soulwax? they were key. same with mr. ben watt this past weekend...nice deep sexy house set. king unique from last year blew A&B's set out of the water. check out some new stuff from digweed too...hes getting a little more dirty/electro house than usual.

Old Post Feb-26-2005 23:46  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for bas Click here to Send bas a Private Message Visit bas's homepage! Add bas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Md
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread