Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

People wake up! iPod sucks!

I figure this deserves a topic of its own. Consider this a free will public announcement - for your own benefit.

quote:
Originally posted by Jacklyn
it seems like everyone wants an ipod.

Which I don't understand... iPod is such a piece of shit.... OMG! I have had both and let me tell you - iRiver is the way to go. Here's why:

1. You don't need a stupid fucking iTunes on your system
2. No need to install any additional software period! Just plug in your iRiver and drag the files over - could it be any simpler???
3. Sound quality - 10x better
4. Remote control
5. No battery problems - had mine for more than a year, battery is as good as new
6. Does not die if you leave it in a cold car (iPod baterry discharges in the cold completely)
7. Has a built in radio, microphone (can record wav or mp3) - great for live shows!
8. Cheaper! - the new color iRiver that can also double as picture viewer is 10x better than iPod.

PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!! iPod sucks!!!! But... if you're a lame AOL user and prefer overly complex solutions to make it "easy" for you - well... what can I say...

I bought my wife an iPod and she's not computer savvy and she absolutely hated it! she took my iRiver to try and does not want to return it! Go figure....

And doesn't it look nice:
Oh well, to each his own.

Last edited by CynepMeH on Dec-05-2004 at 03:15

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tranc3
tranceaddict in training

I've dropped my iRiver twice now and spilled water on it once, and it's still fine.

And yeah, sometimes I leave it in the car overnight and the battery is fine.

It's basically a portable hard drive because it's plug-and-play on XP systems, and plays mp3s and records and whatnot.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Tranc3 Click here to Send Tranc3 a Private Message Add Tranc3 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

^^^ Which increases its functionality too! With Ipod you can't use it as a hard drive, unless you install drivers and program on a host computer. With iRiver - if you need to use it as a portable storage, go ahead! plug it in and go! I also dropped mine several times, it's solid like a rock! plus it also comes with a leather case. It even has a digital input for recording - so if you want, you can even hook it up to SPDIF or Optical output and record straight to it.

I don't understand the obsession with iPod... but then again, I'm one of those people who doesn't understand the obsession with AOL either. I guess some people just like being lazy, stupid, and force-fed.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sensorium
Supreme tranceaddict

I had sex with my iRiver a couple of months ago and it didn't get pregnant. Good stuff.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sensorium Click here to Send sensorium a Private Message Add sensorium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

quote:
Originally posted by ierxium
I had sex with my iRiver a couple of months ago and it didn't get pregnant. Good stuff.

Drugs are bad... MMMOKAY???

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:25 
flavdave
The Quiet Beatle

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
I don't understand the obsession with iPod... but then again, I'm one of those people who doesn't understand the obsession with AOL either. I guess some people just like being lazy, stupid, and force-fed.

It's not really that those people are stupid, it's that Apple has been very successful in marketing the iPod. Most people know what an iPod is, at least most younger people do. Not too many know about iRivers.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for flavdave Click here to Send flavdave a Private Message Add flavdave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

^^^ good point... I guess good marketing never hurts...

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:30 
Dmatrox
something goes here?

I have no complaints with my ipod.

Ive left my ipod in cold weather ~0 degrees C for 2 days, never discharged.

my 1st gen ipod battery has not died for the 2+ years ive had it, despite what people say

quote:
Has a built in radio, microphone (can record wav or mp3) - great for live shows

If they had that when i was deciding to buy 2 years ago, i would probably go for the iriver.

you can bash whatever technology u want, but each to their own.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Dmatrox Click here to Send Dmatrox a Private Message Add Dmatrox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
goodgreef
Supreme tranceaddict

i bought my ipod for photo storage for when i was backpacking for four months...and i dont have any complaints about it.

its a harddrive, and sometimes it froze but hey, whatever nothing a reset button didn't fix.

it gave me hours of listening pleasure (i have an extra battery pack for it) and i dont consider myself stupid for buying one.

my music and photos mean enough to me that for four months i feel that the money i spent on the IPOD was money VERY well spent

sure.. there might be better stuff out there, but i got what i want right here and im satisfied and in the end..thats what its all about. customer satisfaction. it really all depends on your expectations.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:32  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for goodgreef Click here to Send goodgreef a Private Message Visit goodgreef's homepage! Add goodgreef to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
goodgreef
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by flavdave
It's not really that those people are stupid, it's that Apple has been very successful in marketing the iPod. Most people know what an iPod is, at least most younger people do. Not too many know about iRivers.
at the time when i was buying my ipod the iriver had a lot of bad reviews and a person i personally knew had to return an iriver two or three times (THAT'S A LOT OF HASSLE!!!)..

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:34  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for goodgreef Click here to Send goodgreef a Private Message Visit goodgreef's homepage! Add goodgreef to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

quote:
Originally posted by Dmatrox

If they had that when i was deciding to buy 2 years ago, i would probably go for the iriver.

Ugh... they did That's why I returned iPod and bought iRiver. I've had mine for almost 2 years...

As far as everything else - iPod is pure marketing. I guess if it works for you - great.

Actually, I was surprised to find out that in new iPods, they don't give you remote anymore and don't give you a leather case. I wonder why? Cost cutting? oh, and the navigation wheel is no longer touch alone, it's touch and push, where's the old one was just touch sensitive.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:36 
goodgreef
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Ugh... they did That's why I returned iPod and bought iRiver. I've had mine for almost 2 years...

As far as everything else - iPod is pure marketing. I guess if it works for you - great.

Actually, I was surprised to find out that in new iPods, they don't give you remote anymore and don't give you a leather case. I wonder why? Cost cutting? oh, and the navigation wheel is no longer touch alone, it's touch and push, where's the old one was just touch sensitive.

the case was never leather.

Old Post Dec-05-2004 03:38  Poland

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > People wake up! iPod sucks!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread