Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
JayD
!#%@(%)@%#!

Dave, this is getting kind of ridiculous as of now.

What you may ask? Posting between five minute intervals on the same topic over and over again isn't going to get you a response obviously (as you have not gotten on as of yet).

Give him a email, and see if he'll reply to the email (as it was said he would earlier). If not, you know that you've tried, and hopefully that will give you some closure and enough to move on.

JaY

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for JayD Click here to Send JayD a Private Message Add JayD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tiesto14
Let The Music Play

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Piazza
yes it does! I said that this was an attempt by markus to censor the boards. BTW I got a PM from Arturo stating that he would ban me if Im not nice to Schulz. Odd

Arturo is a mod?...hahahahhahahhahahahahaha...when did that happen...i guess with name change...lol

Be nice to Markus?....who the hell is this friggen Markus.....

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:06  Bahamas
Click Here to See the Profile for tiesto14 Click here to Send tiesto14 a Private Message Visit tiesto14's homepage! Add tiesto14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eieregooie
Perceptions

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Piazza
yes it does!

Show me where exactly?

quote:
Originally posted by Remiks
SO , other than the sackless people who get a rare chance to converse with Markus via their Dell's and are sucking up as best as they can, say what you really feel. Markus, no offense, respect man, I think you got skills, maybe I think you pushed the coldharbor sound a little bit too much, I think it has grown old, and isnt innovative anymore....I think that instead of catering to people who pray/worship ASOT you should play what you feel is quality. I remember back in the day,I loved what you did with the show, but now it's just providing crappy fucking music to the masses of new listeners which call themselves the trance community, who are 16 year old geeks sitting behind their computers, lifting their hands whenever they hear an OMG I DIE breakdown. Let's slowly bring things to the way they were, bring back the vibe and respectability to DJ's who are more pop icons than ever before. Bring back the underground edge, and innovative sounds that gave us chills. Bring back trance.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for eieregooie Click here to Send eieregooie a Private Message Visit eieregooie's homepage! Add eieregooie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dave Piazza
The Elitist

quote:
Originally posted by JayD
Dave, this is getting kind of ridiculous as of now.

What you may ask? Posting between five minute intervals on the same topic

JaY

How is this ridiculous? I am praising the brave TA's who made well thoughtout comments.

Please leave me out of this.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:07  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Piazza Click here to Send Dave Piazza a Private Message Visit Dave Piazza's homepage! Add Dave Piazza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Matt
Supreme tranceaddict

elitism needs to stop.

we need to stop these fucking "worst track of 2004" threads... because a lot of artists come here and read these boards. We don't want to stop this, because it makes a great trance-loving community.

I can't remember who said it... but "keep your opinions to yourself"

Calling Schulz & Armin sellouts, saying Gielen should be dead, etc,etc. needs to stop. We are perfectly capable of intelligent conversation here at TA, without the senseless artist bashing.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Click here to Send Matt a Private Message Add Matt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tribu

quote:
Originally posted by tiesto14
Arturo is a mod?...hahahahhahahhahahahahaha...when did that happen...i guess with name change...lol

Be nice to Markus?....who the hell is this friggen Markus.....

Markus Schulz is a DJ, based in Miami, FL who spins a weekly radio show known as Global DJ Broadcast (GDJB). He spins a progressive trance - trance type mix every week and often has sevral guests which have ranged in styles such as uplifting/melodic trance to tribal and techno.

You can read more about the show and Schulz here

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:09 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DiMethGuy
Calling Heaven Above....

the thing that bothers me the most about Markus' post is the way he talks about TA like he's part of the community. He may lurk, but to be a part you have to post and engage in discussions. Coming out of the blue and posting about how the site is going downhill and mods need to do more is bullshit. What does he know? I mean between a busy schedule of gigs, radio show, and waiting for the curds to form on the cheese in the production studio, how much can he visit TA? But he seems to have all the solutions to our problems...anybody wanna buy this lot of beach front property I have in Tennesee? It's a steal!

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DiMethGuy Click here to Send DiMethGuy a Private Message Visit DiMethGuy's homepage! Add DiMethGuy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tiesto14
Let The Music Play

quote:
Originally posted by tribu
Markus Schulz is a DJ, based in Miami, FL who spins a weekly radio show known as Global DJ Broadcast (GDJB). He spins a progressive trance - trance type mix every week and often has sevral guests which have ranged in styles such as uplifting/melodic trance to tribal and techno.

You can read more about the show and Schulz here

LOL sorry man..i was kidding...i was being a smart ass...lol..sorry about that

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:12  Bahamas
Click Here to See the Profile for tiesto14 Click here to Send tiesto14 a Private Message Visit tiesto14's homepage! Add tiesto14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dave Piazza
The Elitist

quote:
Originally posted by DiMethGuy
the thing that bothers me the most about Markus' post is the way he talks about TA like he's part of the community. He may lurk, but to be a part you have to post and engage in discussions. Coming out of the blue and posting about how the site is going downhill and mods need to do more is bullshit. What does he know? I mean between a busy schedule of gigs, radio show, and waiting for the curds to form on the cheese in the production studio, how much can he visit TA? But he seems to have all the solutions to our problems...anybody wanna buy this lot of beach front property I have in Tennesee? It's a steal!

you are the f#ckin man !!! This is what I ve been saying to all this time to the Markus fans in this thread. Thank you !!! Thank you !!!!

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:12  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Piazza Click here to Send Dave Piazza a Private Message Visit Dave Piazza's homepage! Add Dave Piazza to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Matt
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DiMethGuy

the thing that bothers me is that the best custom status you can come up with is "Anti-Markus alliance". That's just needlessly trying to put an artist down for no reason other than the fact is his music doesn't match your taste.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Click here to Send Matt a Private Message Add Matt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beats and beeps

quote:
Originally posted by markusschulz
Hi everyone,

I have never posted here on Tranceaddict, I choose to be the quiet type, just reading peoples views and opinions on everything from music to production and I have even occasionally wandered into the political forums, as I feel that tranceaddict.com is a community of people who I can relate to. Alot of the people here are misunderstood in the real world, or have a passion for music that few outside of an Internet community can relate to. For this reason I have held tranceaddict.com in a high regard. I can also say that I am not the only one, there are alot of big DJs that feel the same , but are uncomfortable posting. Whenever there is a gathering of Tranceaddicts at any gig, whether I am playing or not, I always make it a point to thank every one of them. Lately the boards have really taken a turn for the worst. I am not sure if it is just from a noisy few members or what, but it really has
made the board feel unfriendly and uncomfortable to read at times. I certainly don’t think censorship of any kind is acceptable, however I think its time for the moderators of the forums to get things under control here. This message board is not just about music; it is a community of passionate people who have music as a common bond. We should all respect each other. When coming across someone who has a different opinion than you, maybe continuing a discussion in a non-offensive manner may reveal that you have a lot more in common than you think. Even if there are people whose music I don’t like, I am still friends with them and respect them, because I have gotten to know them outside of just their music. Dave Dresden and I argue all the time about some of his tracks, but he is still a great friend who I have a lot in common with and enjoy hanging with away from the music. Dave also proves me wrong a lot, and I humbly admit it. Ozgur Can thinks a lot of my music is too “progblipblop”, but we are still good friends, and support each other. I have read many posts with opposing views then my own, and respected the person, for giving well thought out points. I have also read many peoples views about the music and that I and the other members of the “Evil Trio” play. I know that not everyone enjoys the music that I play, I accept that. I actually find that a challenge, because it keeps me working harder, to try to win you over. But just remember, music is art, and not everyone likes the Mona Lisa. But the people that do are very passionate about it.

Thank you to everyone who is supportive, I appreciate your kindness. I hope that I am able to bring some joy to your lives through music. The people that don’t like my style of music, that’s ok too, maybe we have a sports team, a politician, TV show or a favorite Pop Idol wannabe in common. Respect me, and what I am doing is all I ask. I do it for the love of music, I am just lucky to be able to support my family with my career in music.

Respect to you all!
Markus Schulz

Everyones just jealous that you have more success than them. They are dissapointed that sitting around making thousands of negative posts bashing other artists didnt get them anywhere.

Dont let it wear on you. Youre doing something for the music. They arent.

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:14 
tribu

quote:
Originally posted by Matt
I can't remember who said it... but "keep your opinions to yourself"

I disagree with this. No opinion should be unstated on this board with one exception. When providing an opinion, you should BACK IT UP with some kind of evidence. Posts that read "This track sucks" are useless. Posts that read, "I didnt like this track because it uses a tired formulaic bassline that has been used in several past songs such as Example Artist - Example Title, Example Artist2 - Example Title2...etc" are a lot better of a read because they provide some kind of basis for your statement.

Of course, this may just be my personal preferecne. I dont know...

On a side note, Im not sure if these threads belong in the MD forum. They may be better suited towards the COR....

Old Post Oct-27-2004 04:15 

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > A Message from Markus Schulz
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread