Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
phoenixBEBE
rainbows abound 7-5-13

Location: 2012. Everything changes after this year :) <3 so can't wait.

quote:
Originally posted by Busy Child
wow, only until now was i able to really grasp how great of a night you all had!!

yeah man...u should have come!!! -=[ even if it had been JUST for Summerstage that alone was worth it

Old Post Jun-28-2004 02:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for phoenixBEBE Click here to Send phoenixBEBE a Private Message Add phoenixBEBE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ShaolinSteez
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
For those of you that are still looking for the track from the video MVI_0977, the track is:

Spoiled - All I Know (D. Ramirez Old School Remix)

Thank you Vlad!

Old Post Jun-28-2004 03:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for ShaolinSteez Click here to Send ShaolinSteez a Private Message Add ShaolinSteez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LordQuinnTrance
Supreme tranceaddict

I can't find the Spoiled - All I Know (D. Ramirez Old School Remix) track anywhere if anyone know where pm me.

Old Post Jun-28-2004 04:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LordQuinnTrance Click here to Send LordQuinnTrance a Private Message Add LordQuinnTrance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Metro
tranceaddict

Yo, reading this thread i guess i must have met some of you ... I was the English guy that showed up with the Groovanauts crew at Briana's ... and then went on to the crazy after-after-after-party at Xander's loft ... if anyone knows Armando (the guy who spun at Xander's) - please pass on my props, i was damn impressed, if he was even half as f*cked up as i was, he did an amazing job holding it together into a very nice set.

Old Post Jun-28-2004 11:48  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Metro Click here to Send Metro a Private Message Add Metro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pacha4life
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by BxNemo
lol, sorry but i wouldn't of gone to see tiesto in dc over pvd @ cp if i got a free plane ride, free entrance, free drinks and got a free copy of his cd and he signed it and i got to meet him afterwards. Not after the review i read

even if tiesto got a great review i still wouldn't see him over PVD IN NYC!!!!!!!!!!! it's the ultimate
it ranks up there i'm sure with parties in birmingham at gatecrasher and all the other parties in the UK that got paul so popular over there

Old Post Jun-28-2004 11:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pacha4life Click here to Send pacha4life a Private Message Add pacha4life to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Enervate
Supreme tranceaddict

no prob... know what mix it was!?=)

quote:
Originally posted by FlaMesTriKe
OMFG U RULE!!! ive been going crazy trying to figure out the name of that song for the past 2 days. ive gone thru soooooo many songs. hoooooray

Old Post Jun-28-2004 16:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for Enervate Click here to Send Enervate a Private Message Add Enervate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sunshine79
Around the world...

quote:
Originally posted by Metro
Yo, reading this thread i guess i must have met some of you ... I was the English guy that showed up with the Groovanauts crew at Briana's ... and then went on to the crazy after-after-after-party at Xander's loft ... if anyone knows Armando (the guy who spun at Xander's) - please pass on my props, i was damn impressed, if he was even half as f*cked up as i was, he did an amazing job holding it together into a very nice set.

hey babes, this is Brianna, great meeting you! of course we all know Armando, aka DJ CUBANO. he's the shit. definitely blew me away at Xander's also. what a weekend!

xoxo

Old Post Jun-28-2004 17:02  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunshine79 Click here to Send Sunshine79 a Private Message Add Sunshine79 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Overseas
Party Traveller

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine79
hey babes, this is Brianna, great meeting you! of course we all know Armando, aka DJ CUBANO. he's the shit. definitely blew me away at Xander's also. what a weekend!

xoxo

ah, that was the famous DJ Cubano, I had no idea!

Had a blast despite the rain (well I only got the latter 45 mins of the park set due to late arrival). And of course Spirit, closing my eyes there and thinking "this is Twilo" sent shivers down my spine.

Sorry I couldn't hang out more with everyone at Spirit (Jon, so good to see you!). Was great to hang at your place Bri

GTA#34
Efficiency is the key to successful laziness. (R.A.)
45rpm

Last edited by Overseas on Jun-28-2004 at 18:40

Old Post Jun-28-2004 18:35  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Overseas Click here to Send Overseas a Private Message Add Overseas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

Re: Re: Huh?

quote:
Originally posted by Enervate
.. are you on crack?

Actually, I'm beginning to think that I was the only one there that night that wasn't. I figure if I was wacked out on some drugs, the track selection would have probably made sense to me... As long as I stayed close to the speaker (as many there did) .

I've been chasing that PvD "feeling" since his first time in Roxy or last time in Twilo - and yet to recapture it.

I happen to like more melodic, uplifting, epic trance. I like hard trance sprinkled in between to get the heart going faster and bring about next round of "hands in the air" moments - but I guess I'm just sentimental. Hey, if your thing is hard trance - you got your boat load worth of it. I just didn't feel it. Feel free to convince me how that relates to being on crack?

Hey, I'm glad so many had a good time - I guess the rain didn't help my mood either. I would have probably enjoyed it more if it was not raining.

P.S. This is the last time I'm buying tix online for events like this - what a rip off! I paid almost 50 bux for my tix just to realize that they had plenty of tix at the door for $43 (some even cheaper). That's another subject all together. Ok, back to worshiping PvD

Old Post Jun-28-2004 22:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

PvD and his iBook

BTw, not to derail the conversation here but one of the things I find a bit annoying is PvD's insistance on using his laptop in his sets. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for banging sound and better quality but at moments I couldn't help but wonder "What if he just has some mix proggy running the whole set?" Ever since he started using it his sets lost a lot of the "personal" touch and became just ... dunno... deprived of emotion and feeling he used to bring to the crowd. If he's going to use it, the least he could do is hide it - its bad enough as it is we're paying $40+ to hear him spin records (not play live) but now with the laptop on the mixing deck I feel cheated.

I dunno.. am I alone in this?

p.s. just a thought - try to keep flames out of this perfectly reasonable discussion.

Old Post Jun-28-2004 22:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Metro
tranceaddict

Thumbs up

Sunshine79, lol of course i don't know why i didn't guess lol !
Also of course major thanks for having us over to your place. i was just remembering, it was funny as hell when we were all trooping up and down the street looking for Xander's loft in the middle of the day in the bright sunshine - aka Astoria's very own dial-a-party lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine79

xoxo

Old Post Jun-28-2004 23:13  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Metro Click here to Send Metro a Private Message Add Metro to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Metro
tranceaddict

Re: PvD and his iBook

They probably said the same about having dj's spinning records rather than having live bands ...

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
BTw, not to derail the conversation here but one of the things I find a bit annoying is PvD's insistance on using his laptop in his sets. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for banging sound and better quality but at moments I couldn't help but wonder "What if he just has some mix proggy running the whole set?" Ever since he started using it his sets lost a lot of the "personal" touch and became just ... dunno... deprived of emotion and feeling he used to bring to the crowd. If he's going to use it, the least he could do is hide it - its bad enough as it is we're paying $40+ to hear him spin records (not play live) but now with the laptop on the mixing deck I feel cheated.

I dunno.. am I alone in this?

p.s. just a thought - try to keep flames out of this perfectly reasonable discussion.

Old Post Jun-28-2004 23:15  United Kingdom

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread