Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Armin Van Buuren Roll Call ~ Glow - DC (07-03-04)
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

quote:
Originally posted by Busy Child
im rollin up wif 2 chicks :/

you know how the back seats are. . . . hahah but worse comes to worse, i can squeeze someone for a full car.

Old Post Jun-16-2004 22:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
akaufma2000
Supreme tranceaddict

here's all the info http://www.groovetickets.com/orders...ama+Productions

$15! What a deal! Delaware to DC here I come!

"But perhaps my most special gig was in Central Park [summerstage 2003]. To have 6000 people dancing in the park on a nice summer's evening in New York was incredible, it's something I'll always remember." -PAUL VAN DYK (DJ Mag no12/vol1)

Old Post Jun-17-2004 01:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for akaufma2000 Click here to Send akaufma2000 a Private Message Add akaufma2000 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

$15 for 4 hours of ARMIN!!!! Can't beat that!!! Well yes you can....you could get in for free.

Old Post Jun-17-2004 01:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
limin_li
Asian Mafioso Nerdbot

Brian, don't forget about your digital camera. I am sure to take pics while armin is in action.

Old Post Jun-17-2004 03:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for limin_li Click here to Send limin_li a Private Message Add limin_li to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

My digi will be there in full effect.

Old Post Jun-17-2004 03:56  United States
WanderingSteve
tranceaddict

Just a few days 'till Armin! ^_^

I'll be driving down by myself, but that's never stopped me before.

Maybe I'll wear my Armind shirt again...

Old Post Jun-28-2004 10:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WanderingSteve Click here to Send WanderingSteve a Private Message Visit WanderingSteve's homepage! Add WanderingSteve to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

I had my girlfriend order my tickets last Saturday, to be picked up at the show... The 2 of us have been planning to go down to DC for the holiday, so we made all the hotel arrangements and have our set of plans (eat at some various restaurants recommended to me by a coworker who used to live in the area, see the museums and the monuments, go to the zoo, etc). This is the first time going to DC for the both of us (I drove past it on the way to Florida with my parents some 10 years ago...) I asked around about events going on, and tranceyes mentioned to me about Armin, so I was totally down for it, I LOVED him in Toronto in April 2003.

Now, I'm wondering... what to expect from the new Glow? I don't know much about it, being from the NYC area and all. Can the NYC people who have been there give me something to compare it to (Avalon, Roxy, Arc)... What's the crowd like? Pretty laid back or a bunch of assholes? How's teh venue, is it fancy and overly pretentious? Small or large? Lots of dancing room? Is it 400 degrees with no ventilation like Avalon NYC :P Good view of the DJ? The dress code doesn't seem too pretentious (except I don't know how they define "baggy"), one of my biggest problems with Avalon was their arcane dress code.

Also, what would be the best way to get there? Take a car or the Metro? I'm gonna be staying at a hotel in Arlington (Quality Hotels, Arlington), supposedly it's 2 blocks from a Metro stop. But I also hear that DC isn't exactly the safest city, especially compared to NYC, and Glow isn't in the best of areas.

Thanks in advance to anybody who answers some of my questions.

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post Jun-28-2004 14:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancEyes22
but then there's you..

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
I had my girlfriend order my tickets last Saturday, to be picked up at the show... The 2 of us have been planning to go down to DC for the holiday, so we made all the hotel arrangements and have our set of plans (eat at some various restaurants recommended to me by a coworker who used to live in the area, see the museums and the monuments, go to the zoo, etc). This is the first time going to DC for the both of us (I drove past it on the way to Florida with my parents some 10 years ago...) I asked around about events going on, and tranceyes mentioned to me about Armin, so I was totally down for it, I LOVED him in Toronto in April 2003.

Now, I'm wondering... what to expect from the new Glow? I don't know much about it, being from the NYC area and all. Can the NYC people who have been there give me something to compare it to (Avalon, Roxy, Arc)... What's the crowd like? Pretty laid back or a bunch of assholes? How's teh venue, is it fancy and overly pretentious? Small or large? Lots of dancing room? Is it 400 degrees with no ventilation like Avalon NYC :P Good view of the DJ? The dress code doesn't seem too pretentious (except I don't know how they define "baggy"), one of my biggest problems with Avalon was their arcane dress code.

Also, what would be the best way to get there? Take a car or the Metro? I'm gonna be staying at a hotel in Arlington (Quality Hotels, Arlington), supposedly it's 2 blocks from a Metro stop. But I also hear that DC isn't exactly the safest city, especially compared to NYC, and Glow isn't in the best of areas.

well...unfortunately the new club, Fur, where Glow is now supposed to be held won't be open till August. it will be held at this club called DREAM, on the 4th floor called The Loft. i have never been to dream, hear its pretty shitty with pretentious losers...but the loft apparently isnt so bad. the reason why they are holding it here is because Fur isnt done yet and they wanted to keep armin in DC. so glow is technically throwing the party, but dream is a seperate establishment. more info go to www.clubglow.com and it will give you directions to the club.

i would take metro but i'm not sure what stop is by Dream. i'll try to figure out what stop is closest...

Old Post Jun-28-2004 15:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for trancEyes22 Click here to Send trancEyes22 a Private Message Add trancEyes22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
limin_li
Asian Mafioso Nerdbot

5 more days........

Brian, I hear there is afterparty going on? Can you give any info on that. Is this a TA party?

Old Post Jun-28-2004 17:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for limin_li Click here to Send limin_li a Private Message Add limin_li to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Greedy
Supreme tranceaddict

anyone flyin in better let it be known now.

Old Post Jun-28-2004 17:49  Vietnam
Click Here to See the Profile for Greedy Click here to Send Greedy a Private Message Visit Greedy's homepage! Add Greedy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
limin_li
Asian Mafioso Nerdbot

Just ordered my ticket.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun-28-2004 18:13  United States
kenn014
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch

Check out this link for metro details... here

Old Post Jun-28-2004 18:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kenn014 Click here to Send kenn014 a Private Message Add kenn014 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Armin Van Buuren Roll Call ~ Glow - DC (07-03-04)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread