Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Crackling and lack of depth to System Soundbars soundsystem.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
PartyHarlequin
Just a big teddy bear

Crackling and lack of depth to System Soundbars soundsystem.

Anyone else notice this? I was there friday for Lawler after a three month hiatus and well... It was rather shocking actually. I remembered their system being better.

Old Post Jun-07-2004 20:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for PartyHarlequin Click here to Send PartyHarlequin a Private Message Add PartyHarlequin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
starsearcher
DigitalPunk on Flight643

Re: Crackling and lack of depth to System Soundbars soundsystem.

quote:
Originally posted by PartyHarlequin
Anyone else notice this? I was there friday for Lawler after a three month hiatus and well... It was rather shocking actually. I remembered their system being better.

Once when i was there...which was actually a while ago...I remember the sound system being TERRIBLE...there was a definite lag between the sound comming out from the front speakers and the sound comming out from the rear...it was so strange I couldnt believe i was actually hearing this...but then again I haven't been there in a while and i heard they renovated a lot so...

Old Post Jun-07-2004 20:38  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for starsearcher Click here to Send starsearcher a Private Message Visit starsearcher's homepage! Add starsearcher to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PartyHarlequin
Just a big teddy bear

You know what, It was bad before... I don't think it's gotten any better, I just think at the time I didn't know any better... I have to thank Boa for opening my ears

Old Post Jun-07-2004 20:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for PartyHarlequin Click here to Send PartyHarlequin a Private Message Add PartyHarlequin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PartyHarlequin
Just a big teddy bear

The overall lack of response to this thread makes me think that maybe there are a ton of System junkies here who don't like admitting the truth, but it's so obvious that they can't refute it. All I really want is a justification for it, not a review, simply how can they let their sound be so bad!

Old Post Jun-08-2004 18:07  Canada
Orko
Digital Hippie

quote:
Originally posted by PartyHarlequin
The overall lack of response to this thread makes me think that maybe there are a ton of System junkies here who don't like admitting the truth, but it's so obvious that they can't refute it. All I really want is a justification for it, not a review, simply how can they let their sound be so bad!

maybe people just dont think its bad now? there are more possibilites than you have presented

Old Post Jun-08-2004 18:20  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Orko Click here to Send Orko a Private Message Add Orko to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PartyHarlequin
Just a big teddy bear

I'm honestly not trying to start a debate, what I'm looking for is how a club can continue to exist with a massive and dedicated crowd, and yet put very little effort into perfecting their sound. Perhaps 150,000 german watts have jaded me But I'm not going to complain about that lol :P

Old Post Jun-08-2004 18:22  Canada
starsearcher
DigitalPunk on Flight643

I dunno just after hearing the Guv, sound system nothing else impresses me...well the docks is great too I should say...but when I was at system i was not impressed with the sound at all...I mean it wasn't BAD other than the delay from front to back but it's nothing mindblowing IMO...and yes Harlequin there are a lot of System Junkies that just don't want to admit hehe

I wonder why too... Why there are so many system junkies

Old Post Jun-08-2004 18:28  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for starsearcher Click here to Send starsearcher a Private Message Visit starsearcher's homepage! Add starsearcher to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drgoodvibe
skoun'drl

Space in Ibiza, no sound is clearer. My beef with systems sound system is how loud it is. Its actually painful!

Old Post Jun-08-2004 18:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for drgoodvibe Click here to Send drgoodvibe a Private Message Visit drgoodvibe's homepage! Add drgoodvibe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SKELETOR
_______flatlined

the sound improved a lot from before but its still just O.K.

my ears ring like a bitch after ... never happens when i go to boa.

Old Post Jun-08-2004 18:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for SKELETOR Click here to Send SKELETOR a Private Message Add SKELETOR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Skipper
Supreme tranceaddict

A lot of people who go to system don't care about the sound. It's good enough. No it's not the best in the city by any means, but that doesn't matter to a lot of people.

Whether or not your ears ring after a night at boa isn't entirely dependent on the system. It depends how much the DJ pushes the levels. I've had nights there where my ears ring, and other nights where they don't ring at all.

Old Post Jun-08-2004 18:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Skipper Click here to Send Skipper a Private Message Add Skipper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
starsearcher
DigitalPunk on Flight643

So what is it about System?
I played there in the VIP room before it was renovated scarry...but after renovation i hear it's great...but anyways what is it about System you System junkies?

Old Post Jun-08-2004 19:01  Israel
PartyHarlequin
Just a big teddy bear

Hehe, as it occurs to me a lot of the System crowd isn't old enough to go to Boa (or System for that matter).

Old Post Jun-08-2004 19:40  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Crackling and lack of depth to System Soundbars soundsystem.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread