Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Does political discussion make anyone else feel dirty?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Does political discussion make anyone else feel dirty?

Seriously, I engage in it and I feel like my IQ has dropped fifteen points or something. It seems so effective at bringing out the stupid in everyone.

Old Post Mar-16-2012 20:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

Re: Does political discussion make anyone else feel dirty?

I think the tone in this country, right now, does its best at bringing out the worst in people.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Mar-16-2012 20:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

Re: Re: Does political discussion make anyone else feel dirty?

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
I think the tone in this country, right now, does its best at bringing out the worst in people.

Yeah, and it's such a shame because political discourse can serve to shed light on some really tricky subjects and help people to see them in different ways. Instead, it's all about shock value now and extremes.

Nixon once said, when asked if he'd like to see the parties undergo an ideological realignment (as has since occurred), that "it would be a great tragedy...if we had our two major political parties divide on what we would call a conservative-liberal line...I think one of the attributes of our political system has been that we have avoided generally violent swings in administrations from one extreme to the other. And the reason we have avoided that is that in both parties there has been room for a broad spectrum of opinion." So, "when your administrations come to power, they will represent the whole people rather than just one segment of the people."

Old Post Mar-16-2012 21:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dj Nacht
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post Mar-16-2012 21:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for Dj Nacht Click here to Send Dj Nacht a Private Message Add Dj Nacht to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Does political discussion make anyone else feel dirty?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid this track, marco v plays [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAkari Inc - Superstring 2000 [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread