Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
sandstorm03

quote:
Fucking mint videos Lee, but next time take videos of some decent tracks.

, i was gonna take mad vids...but my cam got fucked up, as did my cell phone, and car alar ringer thingy

Old Post Jun-26-2004 20:32  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for sandstorm03 Click here to Send sandstorm03 a Private Message Add sandstorm03 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CynepMeH
Let me wash your Apple!

Dunno Huh?

Am I the only one who left disapointed with SS???

Ok, can't blaim rain on PvD but what the f*ck was up with all the hard sh!t? I mean I like it sprinkled here and there but that set was tooooo f-n dark. Speaking of dark, the only "dark" tune I enjoyed was some tune that had "New York" words in it. Otherwise, as someone said earlier, the beginning definitely reminded me of that scene from "Blade" - that was actually cool. But when I got so soaked that my smokes were a ball of wet tobacco, my shoes were like aquarium, and on top of it all I kept getting either poked in the head or face by some jerk off jumping with his umbrella in hand - it just ruined it for me.

I dunno but last year was (IMHO) 10x better and not just because of the weather. I liked Spirit better, especially considering that it was the old Twilo. It brought back a lot of memories seing PvD in the venue that held so much for so many. Sadly, though, the Spirit (Pun intended) wasn't there.

BTW definite positive to the rain was unintentional wet tshirt contest. (No offense meant to the ladeez). Few of the chicks there most definitely enjoyed and exploited the opportunity. Especially one seriously endowed young woman who flashed her seriously massive hootie.

/Perv_autopilot: OFF

My rating for the night would be

SS: 4/10
Spirit: 6/10

I hope Armin makes up for massive techno overload I got this wknd.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for CynepMeH Click here to Send CynepMeH a Private Message Add CynepMeH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FlaMesTriKe
Supreme tranceaddict

wow i just woke up...what an amazing time last nite. the rain definately made it soooo much better. everyone just going crazy jumping around soaking wet the whole time, it was great. by far the most fun ive had at an event in a LONG time. even with my ankle that i sprained thursday nite playin bball that is now like twice the size it was lol. definately worth it tho. those lazers were absolutely crazy...i loved when the would put the cone around paul and fill it with smoke. the whole atmosphere was just amazing...its gonna be real hard to top this for me.

some tracks i remember hearing in no particular order:
Mike Robbins - are you a freak
ferry corsten - its time (kai tracid mix)
oceanlab - sattelite (alex oddens flipside vocal mix)
g&m project - sunday afternoon
cosmic gate - bilingual
pvd - crush (vandit club mix)
Nick Lunn & YOMC pres. Techno Punk - Energize (Paul van Dyk Re-Edit)
pvd feat. heppner - wir sind wir (pvd club mix)
pvd vs marco v - for a revolt
katana - in silence (txitarro mix)
Kay D Smith & Marc Tall pres. Passive Resistance - Praiseworthy Tunes (Hoipolloi Mix)
things are all starting to mash together now but i think i remember hearing modulation - spirits (slusnik luna mix)

and yea ray that speeding ticket sucked

Last edited by FlaMesTriKe on Jun-27-2004 at 23:38

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for FlaMesTriKe Click here to Send FlaMesTriKe a Private Message Add FlaMesTriKe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DarkFall01
Fernando Alonso

quote:
Originally posted by DJDREO
Does ANYBODY know the name of that psytrance sounding track. I really love psytrance and never expected pvd to play it and I think I went NUTS when he played that track. It was around 7:15 pm i think.

I want to know the name of that song too, he also played it at around 2 at Spirit.

I think SS was awesome, the rain in the beginning was annoying and cold, but once I got into it, it just made the whole show better

I loved PvD's set, lots of hard stuff, which I love, something I didn't expect for that show.

I think I heard Crush twice that night

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:10  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for DarkFall01 Click here to Send DarkFall01 a Private Message Add DarkFall01 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

Bahahaha, you got schooled hard!

That set was what I needed from pvd. He definitely moved up a couple slots in my book with that set.

quote:
Originally posted by Coup
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:11  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vlad Click here to Send Vlad a Private Message Add Vlad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by FlaMesTriKe
Mike Robbins - are you a freak (marcel woods techtrance mix)

Its not the marcel woods remix, alot of people mistake it for it.

quote:
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:11  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vlad Click here to Send Vlad a Private Message Add Vlad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
phoenixBEBE
rainbows abound 7-5-13

Location: 2012. Everything changes after this year :) <3 so can't wait.

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Bahahaha, you got schooled hard!

That set was what I needed from pvd. He definitely moved up a couple slots in my book with that set.

yups i think pvd redeemed himself from last yrs' Summerstage set and also from his February set...even wid my frneds who usually hate him and prefer harder trance loved it last nite.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for phoenixBEBE Click here to Send phoenixBEBE a Private Message Add phoenixBEBE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Its not the marcel woods remix, alot of people mistake it for it.

U were there? I didnt see u....where were u hiding?

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
phoenixBEBE
rainbows abound 7-5-13

Location: 2012. Everything changes after this year :) <3 so can't wait.

quote:
Originally posted by EyesOfExtasy

i knoooo right??! -=P as if a tall guy like him COULD hide LOLS

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for phoenixBEBE Click here to Send phoenixBEBE a Private Message Add phoenixBEBE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by FlaMesTriKe
wow i just woke up...what an amazing time last nite. the rain definately made it soooo much better. everyone just going crazy jumping around soaking wet the whole time, it was great. by far the most fun ive had at an event in a LONG time. even with my ankle that i sprained thursday nite playin bball that is now like twice the size it was lol. definately worth it tho. those lazers were absolutely crazy...i loved when the would put the cone around paul and fill it with smoke. the whole atmosphere was just amazing...its gonna be real hard to top this for me.

some tracks i remember hearing in no particular order:
Mike Robbins - are you a freak (marcel woods techtrance mix)
ferry corsten - its time (kai tracid mix)
oceanlab - sattelite (alex oddens flipside vocal mix)
g&m project - sunday afternoon (nu-nrg mix)
cosmic gate - bilingual
pvd - crush (vandit club mix)
Nick Lunn & YOMC pres. Tecno Punx - Energize (Paul van Dyk Re-Edit)
pvd feat. heppner - wir sind wir (pvd club mix)
pvd vs marco v - for a revolt
katana - in silence (txitarro mix)
Kay D Smith & Marc Tall pres. Passive Resistance - Praiseworthy Tunes (Hoipolloi Mix)
things are all starting to mash together now but i think i remember hearing modulation - spirits (slusnik luna mix)

and yea ray that speeding ticket sucked

I heard so many songs that I knew but couldnt think of the titles, all I could think about was how much fun I was having and I was going with the moment.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CityKitty
Senior tranceaddict

SS was crazy...i felt like some kind of drowned hippie-

I agree with the set being very dark-there were some soft breaks here and there, but I felt it was droning for the first hour and a half.

amount of times PVD:

smiled: 3

winked: 1

smirked: 10

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CityKitty Click here to Send CityKitty a Private Message Add CityKitty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EyesOfExtasy

Me hide? on what planet?

I was with Rachel most of the time in CP trying to keep her warm.

I wore a baby blue shirt with some flowers on it... gray pants... and my pimpin sunglasses.

quote:
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 21:40  Ukraine

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackanyone knows this ? [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDarren Tate - "Elevation" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread