Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2009 > DEMF 2009: Official Events Thread
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by beema
or she
I mean, it's their job to promote these parties, but making such a useless post in a thread that already has the same exact info in the first post is asinine

That's my point. I'm all for people promoting their business, but not in a borderline SpamBot fashion. It's just irritating. I mean, how many posts of the exact same thing can people take?

Old Post Apr-10-2009 22:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cclem
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
wmc gets 3 hour audion set, demf gets Big Hands (which I have seen and was very lame).

I have seen the Dear as Audion countless times and he just murdered venues, but I have not seen him as Big Hands - is he really not good?

I'm curious because I have a lot of respect for Matthew Dear in general and I think he's outrageous on the decks.

quote:
FYI
ReSolute party is Sunday morning (afterhours)

Old Post Apr-11-2009 16:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cclem Click here to Send cclem a Private Message Add cclem to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Musicjunky
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by arecebo
Heh, my sentiments exactly. He fucked up royally on the main stage a few years back. First set I'd ever walked out of due to the quality of performance.

It was a terrible ending to a great weekend. Probably one of the worst disasters I have ever heard.

Old Post Apr-11-2009 21:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Musicjunky Click here to Send Musicjunky a Private Message Add Musicjunky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beema
too deep

quote:
Originally posted by cclem
I have seen the Dear as Audion countless times and he just murdered venues, but I have not seen him as Big Hands - is he really not good?

I'm curious because I have a lot of respect for Matthew Dear in general and I think he's outrageous on the decks.

Big Hands is just the live band that performs stuff off Asa Breed. So it's completely different than say Audion or a Matthew Dear DJ set. I just don't really dig that kind of music.
I saw them at Avalon Hollywood last year and it was meh... Matt prancing around stage like a d-bag in front of some fancy blinking lights. It was the musical equivalent of an over-acted performance in a movie by someone who is not quite a respected actor so they are trying to overcompensate.
I'd much rather see him spin or do a live Audion set (which thankfully he will be doing at the festival itself).

The lineup for Ghostly Miami was all their DJ roster. The lineup for Ghostly DEMF appears to be all their oddball bands and live acts, which is just not my thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Musicjunky
It was a terrible ending to a great weekend. Probably one of the worst disasters I have ever heard.

lol
so true
glad to see other people ripping into him and not just me. That performance was inexcusable.

Take a trip... there's acid in my fridge...

Last edited by beema on Apr-11-2009 at 23:26

Old Post Apr-11-2009 23:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for beema Click here to Send beema a Private Message Visit beema's homepage! Add beema to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

quote:
Originally posted by Musicjunky

I agree with that. Especially considering he played right after Richie Hawtin destroyed the Beatport tent. It was my first time seeing Mills too, so it was extremely disappointing.

However, I saw him in May of last year and I was absolutely floored. There were multiple times in the set that I was laughing in disbelief at how good it was.

After that experience, if that Jeff Mills after party actually happens, it's worth the risk going to for me.

Old Post Apr-12-2009 04:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cclem
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Big Hands is just the live band that performs stuff off Asa Breed. So it's completely different than say Audion or a Matthew Dear DJ set. I just don't really dig that kind of music.

Thanks for the info. I've heard about that collaboration and his other however many odd alias' but I never really researched into it. It doesn't really sound like anything I would be into..

quote:
I'd much rather see him spin or do a live Audion set (which thankfully he will be doing at the festival itself).

Old Post Apr-12-2009 18:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cclem Click here to Send cclem a Private Message Add cclem to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dcctnycprincess
TechnoAddict

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
I agree with that. Especially considering he played right after Richie Hawtin destroyed the Beatport tent. It was my first time seeing Mills too, so it was extremely disappointing.

However, I saw him in May of last year and I was absolutely floored. There were multiple times in the set that I was laughing in disbelief at how good it was.

After that experience, if that Jeff Mills after party actually happens, it's worth the risk going to for me.

richie usually sucks balls at demf unless you catch him at an afterparty

Old Post Apr-13-2009 19:06  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for dcctnycprincess Click here to Send dcctnycprincess a Private Message Visit dcctnycprincess's homepage! Add dcctnycprincess to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

Cassy and Anthony Parasole have been added to the lineup for Saturday @ Oslo.

Old Post Apr-13-2009 23:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beema
too deep

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
Cassy and Anthony Parasole have been added to the lineup for Saturday @ Oslo.

who is doing this party???
That's sure to be crowded though... don't think I'm gonna go
Crowded Oslo = FAIL with a capital F

Take a trip... there's acid in my fridge...

Old Post Apr-14-2009 02:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for beema Click here to Send beema a Private Message Visit beema's homepage! Add beema to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
who is doing this party???
That's sure to be crowded though... don't think I'm gonna go
Crowded Oslo = FAIL with a capital F

Beyond Bookings, ie. The Bunker guys.

Old Post Apr-14-2009 04:14  United States
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
Beyond Bookings, ie. The Bunker guys.

Interesting.

I might want to check this out.

What is the capacity of Oslo? Do you really think it's going to be that packed?

Old Post Apr-14-2009 04:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
Interesting.

I might want to check this out.

What is the capacity of Oslo? Do you really think it's going to be that packed?

Well, they are prob having more names on the lineup soon. Cassy is good enough for me and prob to a lot, so there will prob be lots of ppl. No idea on the capacity, their website doesn't mention anything.

Old Post Apr-14-2009 04:36  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2009 > DEMF 2009: Official Events Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread