Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2009 > DEMF 2009: Official Events Thread
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
dubblies
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SLAF
All these after parties posted have Dj's that are unknown to me..Are there going to be any parties with Dj's from DEMF's main line ups?? WOuld be nice to hit an after party with Dice and Luciano or Carola vs Beyer..Anyone know if they are going to post more info on this, or is this it for the after parties?

There will be more afterparties. This phenomenon that you have pointed to happens every year. There are a lot of local talent that takes advantage of this opportunity to host parties. More parties with more well known talent will be posted once it is official/discovered. I wish I could find last year's DEMF thread to show you what to expect.

Old Post Apr-07-2009 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dubblies Click here to Send dubblies a Private Message Add dubblies to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quadlow
Shoe-Gazing Techno

quote:
Originally posted by dubblies
There will be more afterparties. This phenomenon that you have pointed to happens every year. There are a lot of local talent that takes advantage of this opportunity to host parties. More parties with more well known talent will be posted once it is official/discovered. I wish I could find last year's DEMF thread to show you what to expect.

what he said, and shit.

Old Post Apr-07-2009 20:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quadlow Click here to Send Quadlow a Private Message Add Quadlow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
everything0
word

last year's thread...

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...2&pagenumber=13

i'll be making my first trip this year. don't know if we're driving or megabus'ing it. staying at the Renaissance

Old Post Apr-07-2009 20:55  Philippines
Click Here to See the Profile for everything0 Click here to Send everything0 a Private Message Visit everything0's homepage! Add everything0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beema
too deep

yeah the parties that get posted first generally have lineups that are mostly locals
the parties with bigger names tend to come out closer to DEMF.

talked to Matt Tolfrey the other day and he said they are doing a Leftroom party on Sunday night I believe

you can also pretty much guarantee (I hope) that there will be another party at The Old Miami on Monday morning

Take a trip... there's acid in my fridge...

Old Post Apr-07-2009 23:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for beema Click here to Send beema a Private Message Visit beema's homepage! Add beema to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cclem
Supreme tranceaddict

+3 w/ my crew. This shit is going to be outrageous.

WTF is this going to be?

No Way Back
Artists: Spinoza (aka. Bryan Kasenic), More TBA...

Old Post Apr-08-2009 01:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cclem Click here to Send cclem a Private Message Add cclem to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quadlow
Shoe-Gazing Techno

FYI - We are good to go again:

Need I Say More 4 - old Miami - Monday Morning 5.24.09

"It that time again, the Monday morning craziness is coming back and this year we have a few extra tricks up our sleeves."

more info soon.

xo.
Visionquest

Old Post Apr-09-2009 00:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quadlow Click here to Send Quadlow a Private Message Add Quadlow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
arecebo
see below

quote:
Originally posted by Quadlow
FYI - We are good to go again:

Need I Say More 4 - old Miami - Monday Morning 5.24.09

> *

Old Post Apr-09-2009 00:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for arecebo Click here to Send arecebo a Private Message Add arecebo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quadlow
Shoe-Gazing Techno

also:

GHOSTLY INTERNATIONAL 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
5.23.2009 @ 9:00pm

GHOSTLY INTERNATIONAL 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY * MATHEW DEARíS BIG HANDS * TELEFON TEL AVIV * MICHNA WITH RAW PAW * DEASTRO * 9PM * 18+ * $15/$20

You could throw around generous descriptors and any number of genre-locking terms; electronic pop, minimal house, acid techno. But you'd still fail to get to the center of Matthew Dear. With releases under no fewer than three aliases, including False (M_NUS), Jabberjaw (Perlon), and Audion (Spectral Sound), the Texas native has earned his international status over the course of a decade, getting his bearings on the DJ decks as a teenager to flooring sold-out crowds at venues like Fabric, and releasing universally praised original productions. After meeting Ghostly founder Sam Valenti IV at a house party in the late 90s, Dear eventually produced the A-Side for the labels first 12 release, Hands Up for Detroit. Since then, Dear issued his pop-infused debut album Leave Luck to Heaven and its counterpart Backstroke, which caught mainstream attention, as well as myriad releases under his club-oriented pseudonyms (including the omnipresent, chart-topping Mouth to Mouth as Audion). Further accomplishments include requests from the Postal Service and Hot Chip for his remix skills, and incessant touring with constantly evolving DJ sets and live performances. He'll still tell you that his greatest pleasure is a quiet day of fishing, but with the release of his sophomore full-length, Asa Breed, and his live band US/Euro tour as Matthew Dears Big Hands, its clear that Dear has no intention of slowing down anytime soon.

Old Post Apr-09-2009 00:37  United States
beema
too deep

Id wanted to goto the Ghostly party to hang with friends but compared to the WMC lineup they had, that kinda blows (in terms of what I'd be looking for anyways...)
what a gyp

wmc gets 3 hour audion set, demf gets Big Hands (which I have seen and was very lame).
oh well
I'm sure there will be other insane parties that night

FYI
ReSolute party is Sunday morning (afterhours)

Last edited by beema on Apr-09-2009 at 08:45

Old Post Apr-09-2009 08:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for beema Click here to Send beema a Private Message Visit beema's homepage! Add beema to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beema
too deep

you don't say

Old Post Apr-09-2009 15:45  United States
Chaska
Techno Addict

PlexiPR is praying for a PermaBan award of 2009. I hope he gets it.

Old Post Apr-09-2009 16:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beema
too deep

quote:
Originally posted by Chaska
PlexiPR is praying for a PermaBan award of 2009. I hope he gets it.

or she
I mean, it's their job to promote these parties, but making such a useless post in a thread that already has the same exact info in the first post is asinine

Old Post Apr-09-2009 21:21  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2009 > DEMF 2009: Official Events Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread