Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2009 > DEMF 2009: Official Events Thread
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

I don't know what to do about my afterparty plans..

I want to go to Beretta and Old Miami, but I don't think I can do the festival Sunday, then Beretta, then Old Miami, then festival Monday.

So I think I have to choose between Beretta and Old Miami. I want to go to Old Miami because of the experience, but Beretta will have a lot of names I haven't seen before and will be all about deep Detroit music: a nice break from the minimal/tech house I'll be hearing all weekend.

Hmmm.. decisions, decisions...

Old Post May-12-2009 03:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beema
too deep

quote:
Originally posted by The Highroller
I don't know what to do about my afterparty plans..

I want to go to Beretta and Old Miami, but I don't think I can do the festival Sunday, then Beretta, then Old Miami, then festival Monday.

Why not? I did that last year (replacing Beretta with Temporary Tattoos)

last year for me:
Movement all Sunday
Temp Tattoos 11:30pm - 3:30am

Sleep 4am - 9:30am

Old Miami 10am - 4pm
Movement 4pm - close
Accelerate 11pm - 6am

of course, if you went to Beretta, chances are you'd be there later than 3:30am, since Temp Tattoos closed early. So the nice sleep break might be questionable.
I'm planning on doing the same thing this year though, with either Hejdrop or Sensorama.
If I goto Sensorama, considering it just carries over into Old Miami, I might just nap after Movement and go there late.
Nobody really gets to Old Miami until 11am anyways

Take a trip... there's acid in my fridge...

Old Post May-12-2009 03:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for beema Click here to Send beema a Private Message Visit beema's homepage! Add beema to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

quote:
Originally posted by cclem
Please do not go listen to Sander van Doorn. I was forced to see that guy at Pacha last Fri and his taste is whack. + he is wayyy too mainstream for DEMF.

...Resolute 23 is looking outrageous though!!
lmao. I hope the bitch that forced you to go to Sander gave you sex for that!

Hilarious - I got texts from Justin for Saturday night . Can't believe u went to Pacha!

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post May-12-2009 04:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beema
too deep

quote:
Originally posted by cclem
...Resolute 23 is looking outrageous though!!

I might goto reSolute to see some friends, but the lineup at the moment is looking meh...
I mean it's all the same people as VOLATL the night before, without the added benefit of Daze Maxim, Bruno, and Tim Xavier. It's almost like, what's the point, I'd rather have the sleep.
But I'm expecting additions to their lineup any day now, so we'll see

Old Post May-12-2009 04:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for beema Click here to Send beema a Private Message Visit beema's homepage! Add beema to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
arecebo
see below

quote:
Originally posted by beema

Nobody really gets to Old Miami until 11am anyways

I disagree. IMO the best time to be there is at 7-9am. It's more fun partying with the people who have been up all night and are f'd. Once 11-12 rolls around it loses that afterparty vibe and feels more like a preparty for the festival. There are plenty of people before 11.

Old Post May-12-2009 04:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for arecebo Click here to Send arecebo a Private Message Add arecebo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beema
too deep

quote:
Originally posted by arecebo
I disagree. IMO the best time to be there is at 7-9am. It's more fun partying with the people who have been up all night and are f'd. Once 11-12 rolls around it loses that afterparty vibe and feels more like a preparty for the festival. There are plenty of people before 11.

I'm just going off most accounts I heard of last year's, from people who arrived before I did.
They all said it pretty much sucked for the first hour or two

Old Post May-12-2009 04:47  United States
beema
too deep

5/25 - Jacktronik Presents Phonographic Detroit (MMIX) @ TV Bar

$10 before midnight

Paul Johnson
Robert Armani
Mike Dearborn
Mike Huckaby
Adam Jay
Chris The Creator
Archetype
Todd Sines
FBK
Aaron Bennett
Dj Dru
Rob Rage
Jen Mas
Jessie James
Mr. Joshooa
Turtle Matt
Detroit Techno Militia
Dj Seoul
T. Linder
Dj Psycho
Dan Lucas
Neil V.
Darkcube
Rex Sepulveda
Cosmic Spore
DJ Eman
Lola
Spyder
Espleece
The Diciple
Augustus Williams
Storm
N-Ter
Indcy4
Rascals
Shan Tran
More T.B.A.

I have no fucking idea how they plan on fitting all those DJ's into one night, but yeah, there's that

Old Post May-12-2009 22:05  United States
bogartgreens
has boogie fever.

Boat Party w/ Lee Curtiss, Gadi Mizrahi, Mike Khoury & Funk Shui on Saturday from 11-3.

Link Here

"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music." - Vladimir Nabokov

Old Post May-12-2009 22:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bogartgreens Click here to Send bogartgreens a Private Message Add bogartgreens to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cclem
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
lmao. I hope the bitch that forced you to go to Sander gave you sex for that!
If I had sex with any girls from Pacha I'd probably catch swine flu, *cough*...but yeah Pacha
quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
Hilarious - I got texts from Justin for Saturday night . Can't believe u went to Pacha!

Saturday we actually went to STC and saw Deekay and Burridge - probably the best STC party I've been to as far as back to back DJs go. I didn't think anything could top Landsky and Konrad but MD/LB were pretty damn close. Awesome night and btw those pomegranate cannibal cocktails are delicious

Old Post May-12-2009 23:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cclem Click here to Send cclem a Private Message Add cclem to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cclem
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I might goto reSolute to see some friends, but the lineup at the moment is looking meh...
I mean it's all the same people as VOLATL the night before, without the added benefit of Daze Maxim, Bruno, and Tim Xavier. It's almost like, what's the point, I'd rather have the sleep.
But I'm expecting additions to their lineup any day now, so we'll see

I agree that the additions will be key...I guess I'm a sucker for them because I was at 21 (I think?) a few weeks back and it was ridiculous.

Old Post May-12-2009 23:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cclem Click here to Send cclem a Private Message Add cclem to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
beema
too deep

quote:
Originally posted by bogartgreens
Boat Party w/ Lee Curtiss, Gadi Mizrahi, Mike Khoury & Funk Shui on Saturday from 11-3.

Link Here

damn another boat party?

this year is gettin weird

Old Post May-13-2009 00:01  United States
techhouse_junky
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
damn another boat party?

this year is gettin weird

Yeah, this is Detroit...not Miami.

Old Post May-13-2009 00:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for techhouse_junky Click here to Send techhouse_junky a Private Message Add techhouse_junky to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2009 > DEMF 2009: Official Events Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread