Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

the UD agent is currently working on 3 tasks i think, cancer, smallpox and something else, it is possible to edit what projects your pc does work on via the agents web bases setttings, but they are updating stastics atm so i cant tell you how to, click on the "view your scores and results" link from the program, mess around with the settings links on the webpage and it should make sense, should you wish to change what projects your pc runs

Beware of killer hamsters and the random running dogs.

Old Post Jan-06-2004 23:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for jon Click here to Send jon a Private Message Visit jon's homepage! Add jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vswede
The World is Mine

joined the team as Markus Ahlberg
already part of the UD thing! nice to see TA fighting for cancer!

Old Post Jan-11-2004 14:55  China
Click Here to See the Profile for vswede Click here to Send vswede a Private Message Add vswede to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nss
Senior tranceaddict

It uses alot of my memory, but i joined anyways.

Old Post Jan-11-2004 22:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for nss Click here to Send nss a Private Message Add nss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djSlain
[Suspended]

? really? i leave it on all day even when i'm playing unreal2k3, office and other big applications.

Old Post Jan-11-2004 22:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for djSlain Click here to Send djSlain a Private Message Visit djSlain's homepage! Add djSlain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nss
Senior tranceaddict

I went into Task Manager and checked my cpu usage-100%. But I havent tried it with any other big applications

Old Post Jan-11-2004 22:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for nss Click here to Send nss a Private Message Add nss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

it only uses "spare" cpu time, say your using a cpu intesive program, the program will use all of cpu power, while UD agent will do nowt and wait untill the cpu becomes free, then it will carry on doing its stuff, basic explaniation, hope that made sense

Old Post Jan-11-2004 22:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for jon Click here to Send jon a Private Message Visit jon's homepage! Add jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
nss
Senior tranceaddict

Makes sense now. I guess UD is using a lot of my memory because im not running any big programs.

Old Post Jan-11-2004 22:24  Canada
SuperFarStucker
1380 fp/s

Your processor always runs at 100% capacity in an OS. When it's got spare cycles they normally are used up as idle time, which puts load on your processor. If your processor isn't doing ANYTHING at all, the OS may issue a STOP command to it to save power. the UD agent just acts as an idle thread, but windows sees it as eating up processing power, when it really doesn't.

Venus: Enter, enter here - men of all kinds and races, victims of reality!
You who have the thirst for dreams.
Venus: You, on life's bitter road, drenched in hard sunlight who have the
thirst that once more the dark marvel of dreams...

Old Post Jan-16-2004 05:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SuperFarStucker Click here to Send SuperFarStucker a Private Message Add SuperFarStucker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
subtledreamer
Senior tranceaddict

just signed up.

got my main comp (axp 2.2 ghz) running already
hope it'll speed things up a bit

will get my celeron 2.2 to run it as well soon!

Old Post Jan-16-2004 07:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for subtledreamer Click here to Send subtledreamer a Private Message Visit subtledreamer's homepage! Add subtledreamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Djs-storm
Senior tranceaddict

Been on this now for about a month. Must say I have had no problems at all with the program. I just like the idea that it is for a good cause. Lost my grandfather to cancer a couple of years ago, now I can help with the fight

Old Post Jan-22-2004 06:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Djs-storm Click here to Send Djs-storm a Private Message Visit Djs-storm's homepage! Add Djs-storm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djSlain
[Suspended]

i was just thinking, what if we actually found the cure for cancer? first, it would raise our morale to know we actually participated in a project that had this positive research. would we actually get any kind of money? everyone with cancer would buy these pills or serum or whatever, wouldn't the income be so much internationally that every single participant got a prize?
the likely possibility that no participant would get any money discourages some potentionals because "i don't get anything in return if it happens." i'm not asking for a prize, i think it's great enough that i participate in something that may potentionally help another human life, and that is the ultimate prize...

Old Post Jan-26-2004 22:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for djSlain Click here to Send djSlain a Private Message Visit djSlain's homepage! Add djSlain to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon
Respect Mah Authoritah

if a cure was ever found, imm 99% sure we would see no money, and id guess osmewre in the users agreeements that covers 1000 pages which we all just click ok to is a clause saying that!

me personally id be happy knowing personally that i some how helped someone else live

Old Post Jan-26-2004 23:05 

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (26): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread